A Path to a New Economy

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
A Path to a New Economy

Should each state print its' own greenback's ? Abe Lincoln was pressured during the civil war,to start paying the nations debt to the bankers,hence the beginning of other monies (greenbacks) , to replace bank notes . www.yesmagazine.org/other/pop_print_article.asp 

mr804
Special AgentSuperfan
mr804's picture
User is offlineOffline
 “I will say then

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”

lolz. good times.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
I will say then

that you sound very parochial (narrow minded) read "Guns,Germs and Steel : The Fate of Human Societies" by Jared Diamond.  

Signature ? How ?

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: that you sound very

Quote:

that you sound very parochial (narrow minded) read "Guns,Germs and Steel : The Fate of Human Societies" by Jared Diamond.  

He's quoting Abraham Lincoln. Why do you think he put quotes around the paragraph in question?

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
O sorry

I missed the quotes,thanks for pointing that out to me,deludedgod.   By the way your Third Revolution is great ,but to hard for me to fully understand.Are you a chemist ?

Signature ? How ?

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
No. My first training was in

No. My first training was in theoretical and mathematical physics, and then in molecular and cellular biology.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote ;

No my first training was in theoretical and mathematical physics. Whew that is some serious analytical thinking,I wish that our politicians were like that.

Signature ? How ?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just had a very brief

I just had a very brief vision of an awesome world. Then I looked up. Bah.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.