Amazon.fail and Gays

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Amazon.fail and Gays

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=homosexuality&x=0&y=0

A basic search gives this. GayGamer has done constant reporting on this issue.

I love you Christianity.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
heh...

heh...

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
wow.Imagine a parent who has

wow.

Imagine a parent who has just had a child tell them they are gay. They go onto Amazon to buy a book on the subject...

Or a teenager trying to examine the feelings they are having...

Are those searches based on 'most popular' books sold?

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, I sawa the story

Well, I saw the story over the weekend on google news. Apparently, the whole sales ranking system tanked out for books on human sexuality in general. That being said, as the story has developed, what might have actually happened has been through enough revisions that we probably are not going to get to the bottom of the matter without a congressional investigation.

As weird as it is, I hope that we don't end up wasting government resources like that.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm just amazed that Amazon

I'm just amazed that Amazon hasn't listed the perenniel best-sellers at all!

For example where's "Gay? Stop Playing With Yourself And It Will Go Away! Believe Me! I Know!" by the Rev. Christian W. Anker

or

"Homosexuals. Why God Hates You." by the Russian Orthodox sexuality expert Glans Lopitov

or

"Homosexual Lusts: The Christian Cold Turkey Method of Self-Improvement." by A. King Balls

or

"What Do I Do With my Gay Child?: 300 New Recipes." by Vatican-approved chef Monsignor Faggin D. Nial

or

"Homosexuals: Why God Really Really Really Hates You." by Burnak Weir-Daly

or

"The Da Vinci Code: How a Poofter Infiltrated the Cistine Chapel Security Network Through The Pope's Back Passage." by Theo Leikett-Upham

or

"Homosexuals: Why You All Really Really Really REALLY Get On God's Tit - I Mean Seriously!" by Anglican bishop Lim Pristed-Bender

or

"Just Because Jesus Was A Brown-Nosed Arse Bandit Doen't Mean It's Right." by Frank Lee, Ima Rimmer (Lubricant Doctors of Theology at K.Y. University)

or

"Fuck, I Really Hope I'm Not Gay (Touch Wood)" by Joseph Alois Ratzinger.

Aren't any Americans buying these ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nordmann wrote: "What Do I

Nordmann wrote:

"What Do I Do With my Gay Child?: 300 New Recipes." by Vatican-approved chef Monsignor Faggin D. Nial

I personally found this a good read, very entertaining. Good use of words, top marks 

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
''A Parent's Guide to

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
SSBBJunky wrote:''A Parent's

SSBBJunky wrote:

''A Parent's Guide to Preventing Homosexuality''

W...T...F??!?!

I won't lie I thought the exact same thing

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
They lost me around chapter

They lost me around chapter six when they started talking about heavy weights and electrodes.

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
Check out the "customer

Check out the "customer images" on the page for "A Parent's Guide to Preventing Homosexuality". It is on the upper left side of the page just below the image of the book. The images are: a picture of the book's cover, a Nazi flag, some KKK members and another picture of KKK members. Hilarious. Either the customers who like this book really are depraved bigots, or someone is playing a joke on the book by posting those images underneath it.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:Check out

Jormungander wrote:

Check out the "customer images" on the page for "A Parent's Guide to Preventing Homosexuality". It is on the upper left side of the page just below the image of the book. The images are: a picture of the book's cover, a Nazi flag, some KKK members and another picture of KKK members. Hilarious. Either the customers who like this book really are depraved bigots, or someone is playing a joke on the book by posting those images underneath it.

Hahahaha, if you actually click on the link "see all 12 customer images," your question will be answered definitively.

Here's one.

caption wrote:
Typical Amazon customers who buy this book

And another.

caption wrote:
Customers who bought this book for their children may also be interested in...

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Homocil

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=