Alleged child killers husband says mugshots are an 'insult' to their religion

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Alleged child killers husband says mugshots are an 'insult' to their religion

Excerpt:

"The police booking photo of alleged child killer Nour Hadid released Tuesday is an "insult against our religion," says Hadid's husband, Alaeddin.

Orland Park police detectives say the 26-year-old Muslim woman was treated as any other suspect in a murder probe would be, and they did not intend to humiliate her when they photographed her Sunday without her headscarf and wearing only a skimpy top."

here is the original story

I have a hard time understanding why the man is upset. HIS WIFE HAS BEEN ACCUSED OF MURDERING A CHILD! Shouldn't he be worried about what happens when you murder a child instead of his wifes face and shoulders showing in a mugshot? He isn't concerned about his wife. He is worried about how he will be seen in the muslim community

OH Alaeddin, you are a disgrace to our "culture" a disgrace to our "religion" by letting your wifes face and shoulders be shown in a mugshot!

Fuck.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
ah insulting religion

She insulted the country that she resides by breaking the law and killing a child.

Zymotic
Superfan
Zymotic's picture
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote:She

latincanuck wrote:

She insulted the country that she resides by breaking the law and killing a child.

Innocent until proven guilty?

My Brand New Blog - Jesu Ad Nauseum.
God of the Gaps: As knowledge approaches infinity, God approaches zero. It's introductory calculus.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zymotic wrote:latincanuck

Zymotic wrote:

latincanuck wrote:

only in the courts does that apply, doesn't apply to individual opinion.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote:She

latincanuck wrote:

We don't have to coddle superstition or god belief, I agree with that. But, "insult" for "insult" is the same tit for tat mentality that religion sells.

If you want to say, "She should have thought about that before committing the crime", that would suffice. We don't have to take pity on her, but we shouldn't be out for revenge. Revenge is not justice, it is merely an emotional reaction.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
But Alaeddin Hadid - who

But Alaeddin Hadid - who insists his wife is innocent - said Orland Park police are "really going to be in big trouble" for releasing the woman's booking photo to the news media after she was charged with first-degree murder.

I'm pretty sure all mug shots are publicly viewable.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:latincanuck

Brian37 wrote:

latincanuck wrote:

We don't have to coddle superstition or god belief, I agree with that. But, "insult" for "insult" is the same tit for tat mentality that religion sells.

If you want to say, "She should have thought about that before committing the crime", that would suffice. We don't have to take pity on her, but we shouldn't be out for revenge. Revenge is not justice, it is merely an emotional reaction.

It's not revenge, it's what the law is, if they have to take her photo as described, and the person getting the photo taken or their family members do not like it, then respect the law, otherwise, each country is allowed to enforce the law, as they did here, following the proper procedures, it's not about revenge at all, it's about respecting the law of the country which you reside in. Simple as that.

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
People have pretty weird

People have pretty weird priorities. His wife caught a murder beef and he's worried about how disgraced she'll be by having people see her hair and shoulders. Won't the murder charges be harder for her to live down than the disgrace of showing her bare head? I guess it's better to be a murderer than the sort of trollop who would put her nude head on display in a mug shot.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Its an insult to my religion

Its an insult to my religion to be convicted by evidence!

You heard me...

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
Did you see that tramp with

Did you see that tramp with her hair everywhere, and her face out where anyone who was looking at mugshots could see it? WHAT A WHORE! I think it's time for an honor killing.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:Did you see

Gauche wrote:

Did you see that tramp with her hair everywhere, and her face out where anyone who was looking at mugshots could see it? WHAT A WHORE! I think it's time for an honor killing.

We have a winner, ladies and gentlemen!

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
This most closely resembles

This most closely resembles an issue awhile back regarding the scarves and drivers licenses. Religion be damned, take the shit off. When I was in security, anyone wearing any kind of masking would be watched like a hawk as long as they were anywhere nearby. You're our #1 person of interest, and everyone else can get away with murder since we're watching you. It's ridiculous. It should be outlawed. Go France.

latincanuck wrote:

Zymotic wrote:

latincanuck wrote:

only in the courts does that apply, doesn't apply to individual opinion.

And in print, or anywhere else you are libel for defamation.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
I mean this in the nicest

I mean this in the nicest way possible...

If you don't like the way we do things here, you can get the fuck out.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace