Don't Sweat It, Fundies

spirale2
User is offlineOffline
Don't Sweat It, Fundies

The buybull thumping fear mongers make a mint scaring people with stuff like the RRS website. That’s one reason I tell fundies “Don sweat it----- RRS is scrapings from the bottom of the barrel of atheism. Most atheists aren’t like that”.

An organization that thinks it’s cool to put a picture of a shrieking, machinegun toting tomcat on its webpage turns off the mature, peaceful, rational atheists. It’s only a magnet for people who still haven’t worked through their issues from the dysfunctional families they grew up in. Any RRSer who starts working through his issues will figure out pretty quick that the Tomcat Cult just keeps dragging him back down into his own old junk. Then he’ll leave. This website’s put together by the people who stay.

For more, check out   http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/17281#comment-238571

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Self ownage example #2.

Self ownage example #2.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Aww... he doesn't like

Aww... he doesn't like Rambo-Kitty.

Obviously, I must be a raging war mongering imbecile who advocates internment camps for Christians, right?  I mean... after all... it's not possible that an avatar could have comic or ironic value... that would be... unthinkable!

Rambo Kitty doesn't like you either, but he only has rubber bullets, so you don't have to worry.  It'll just sting a little if he shoots you.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

FreeHugMachine
FreeHugMachine's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hell is an image that comes

Hell is an image that comes to mind.  It doesn't seem very mature or moral to me...

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:Any RRSer who starts

Quote:
Any RRSer who starts working through his issues will figure out pretty quick that the Tomcat Cult just keeps dragging him back down into his own old junk.

I'm a cult leader!  I had no idea I was so important...

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
spirale2 wrote:An

spirale2 wrote:

An organization that thinks it’s cool to put a picture of a shrieking, machinegun toting tomcat on its webpage turns off the mature, peaceful, rational atheists. It’s only a magnet for people who still haven’t worked through their issues from the dysfunctional families they grew up in. 

You're so angry. Why would the assumption be that we needed the therapy?

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence