Point me in the right direction...

AbsintheMinded
User is offlineOffline
Point me in the right direction...

Hi Everyone,

I am new to all this. Recently a few friends of mine discussed religion and creationism and its irrational logic of such. I have done losts of research since then trying to uncover the facts. Before having this conversation I have always been confused by religion and many questions I had were left unaswered. I believe I am leaning on the side of being an agnostic atheist but would like to have some definative proof. So I am turning to the experts on the subject. Can you point me in the right direction? Either or this site or text I could read.

Thanks Much.

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

...  and the truth...  just open the proverbial door. 

Have I mentioned lately how much I like these little guys.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline

Hi, welcome to the forum.

If you haven't already checked out some of the articles in RRS Authors, I would definitely recommend it. Also, if you haven't read the Bible yet, that's a pretty good source to research as well. Hehe.  

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Until a god is defined by

Until a god is defined by one who believes in said god, the god is unassailable by evidence. However, once a god has been defined, as the christians, jews, and others have done, one can look at what god is supposed to be and determine if it is possible. All of the organized religions have posited gods that are physically impossible and/or logically incoherant, so we know they do not exist. But that doesn't mean there isn't still room for a god that hasn't been defined yet. So there is no absolute proof one way or the other. Reading articles and blogs around this and other sites devoted to science is probably the best way to become acquainted with these realities.

Welcome to the site! Laughing out loud

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.