Freaking Catholics

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Freaking Catholics

Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I thought you all would find it as unbelievably disgusting as I did.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/05/world/americas/05briefs-9YEAROLDSABO_BRF.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=catholic%20church%20brazil&st=cse

So a nine year old girl gets raped repeatedly by her stepfather and gets pregnant. Doctors determine she's too young to carry a child, duh. The girl's mother takes her like 140 miles to a clinic to get her an abortion...to save the girl's LIFE.

The mf catholic church excommunicates the mother and all the doctors involved for performing an abortion...

BUT NOT THE CHILD-RAPING STEPFATHER.

Oh, no. He's perfectly welcome to remain a catholic in good standing, presumably all he has to do is go to confession.

I'm so done.

R

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
This topic has come up a

This topic has come up a couple of times. It's disgusting and mind-numbing, both the appalling actions of the step-father, and of the church. It's like a weird time warp where the Catholic Church is still stuck in the 11th century despite everyone else being in the 21st.

Quote:

I'm so done.

Are you ex-Catholic?

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/17065 

I looked a little but didn't see that. Should I delete this?

R

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote:This topic

deludedgod wrote:

This topic has come up a couple of times. It's disgusting and mind-numbing, both the appalling actions of the step-father, and of the church. It's like a weird time warp where the Catholic Church is still stuck in the 11th century despite everyone else being in the 21st.

Quote:

I'm so done.

Are you ex-Catholic?

No, I was actually raised Lutheran, which is relatively sedate as far as the different sects go. It's only in recent years I've come to more fully appreciate just how twisted the vatican really is.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
smartypants wrote: I looked

smartypants wrote:

I looked a little but didn't see that. Should I delete this?

R

I wouldn't bother. Every now and then a news headline gets put up a couple of times. Just make a brief effort to see if a topic has been posted before you post one. If it's been long enough since a topic was discussed or if you can't find the topic you want to discuss, then you're generally quite safe in starting a new one.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.