The Web-bot Project and 2012

dassercha
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
The Web-bot Project and 2012

Ok, so I have dismissed all the 2012 hokey until I saw the Hist. Channel special which talked about this Web-bot Project and 2012. Can I get some techies take on this?

Non-techie/science dude here asking. Eye-wink

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Linky McLinkage???

Linky McLinkage???

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

dassercha
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Google

Google

dassercha
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
History

EDUCATION! EDUCATION! EDUCATION!

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
what

what

dassercha
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I really did not think the

I really did not think the question posed here was terribly difficult. Any educated insights from PEOPLE INTERESTED IN THIS TOPIC???

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am in a similar position

I am in a similar position to yourself. I too have seen the studies suggesting that the human body seems to be able to predict future events up to 6 seconds in advance. And that the brain can detect contact even before it's actually happened.

But I have not seen anywhere near enough information to get into a discussion about it, let alone come to any conclusions.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Um, what's being asked,

Um, what's being asked, here? A guy made a bot to search on the internet, where a great many people may talk about the future, and was able to get a glimpse into the future? That's just consensus. If enough people think that the world will fall apart in 2012 (y'know, like they did with 2000), then that's what will come up more.

Human beings can see much farther into the future than 6 seconds, given enough information. But saying that consensus is fortune telling is a little weird for a species that is constantly trying to guess the future.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

dassercha
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote: Um,

HisWillness wrote:

Um, what's being asked, here? A guy made a bot to search on the internet, where a great many people may talk about the future, and was able to get a glimpse into the future? That's just consensus. If enough people think that the world will fall apart in 2012 (y'know, like they did with 2000), then that's what will come up more.

Human beings can see much farther into the future than 6 seconds, given enough information. But saying that consensus is fortune telling is a little weird for a species that is constantly trying to guess the future.

Understood, but how was there a global consensus about 9/11 & the tsunami of a few yrs. back prior to those events actually taking place, which the bot predicted?

I can sorta see the tsunami, what with seismographic data etc...but 9/11???

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
In theory, a 9/11 event

In theory, a 9/11 event would be much easier to pick out than a natural disaster. It is/was a planned event that required a fairly significant amount of coordination which requires a lot of communications that can be tapped into.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
dassercha wrote:Understood,

dassercha wrote:

Understood, but how was there a global consensus about 9/11 & the tsunami of a few yrs. back prior to those events actually taking place, which the bot predicted?

I can sorta see the tsunami, what with seismographic data etc...but 9/11???

To be perfectly clear, though, it didn't predict 9/11, it predicted a vague disaster of some kind, which could refer to anything. I think the comments were "still I-Ching" which is a big guarantee that no specifics will be mentioned. "World-changing event" or whatever the thing said is pretty vague.

This is an example of what is commonly known as "confirmation bias".

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence