When Asking A Christian About The "Virgin Birth Mistranslation", She Responded

Cory_The_Ration...
User is offlineOffline
When Asking A Christian About The "Virgin Birth Mistranslation", She Responded

"Yeah, I do believe in the virgin birth. I know the whole "virgin birth" vs. "maiden birth" translation issue between the original Hebrew and the Greek Septuagint. Not actually that important. Judging from Matthew and Luke, I think it's entirely possible. God's big enough for that."

Doesn't seem like a reasonable answer to me.

thoughts?

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
They never let the facts get

They never let the facts get in the way of a belief.

Faith is an emotional response. Reason has nothing to do with it. The Christian in question exemplifies that.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
What is it exactly from

What is it exactly from Matthew and Luke that she uses to support its possibility...as well as her validation of gods 'bigness'. Did she give you specific examples?

I agree with JillSwift regarding emotional response. 

Damn us humans...emotions always get in the way, theist or not  Eye-wink

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Cory_The_Ration...
User is offlineOffline
She didn't give anything

She didn't give anything from Matthew and Luke. I told her to specify, she just told me to read it myself lmao