Request for those of you who frequent multiple boards and/or news sites

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Request for those of you who frequent multiple boards and/or news sites

There's a running commentary that I'd love to see obliterated by mass opposition regarding Canada's new "science minister", and I use the term loosly. Any assistance would be quite welcome. Smiling.

Here:

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2009/03/17/tech-090317-gary-goodyear-evolution.html#socialcomments

And Here:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2009/03/18/tech-090318-gary-goodyear-evolution-scientists.html?ref=rss&loomia_si=t0:a16:g2:r2:c0.136254:b23088522

Thanks in advance. Smiling

Edit:

I realized the forum it was in could attract theists, which is not something I wanted. So now it's been moved to a more appropriate forum. Smiling

~Vastet

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

My most common places for years have on usenet as in soc.history.ancient sci.archaeology and soc.history.what-if where this is a secondary issue when believers come to save us from the facts particularly in the first two. It is unlikely but now that I see the issue I will be able to address it should it come up.

That said, down here where the snow beavers migrate during the winter we have a policy of rounding on the idiot who appoints an idiot rather than on the idiot himself. In other words, why is this not an issue which reflects upon your PM instead of this fool? Why go after the minion instead of the idiot-in-chief?

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Attacking this guys

Attacking this guys credentials is attacking Harper, who appointed him.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Attacking this

Vastet wrote:

Let me try it this way. One appointee with the greatest charge against him is a politicly safe statement. To make an issue of it you first have to explain why it is incorrect to an audience that worked hard to get a D in science in high school. If Harper reponds he can claim he did not know, replace the nerfbrain and claim to be responsive to the concerns of the public and a promoter of science.

Of you can add to the complaints about Harper that he appointed a creationist without having to explain a thing nor back up the claim. I presume you are in the vast majority which wants to get rid of Harper. Not many people like Bush's Brain. That is because he methods were effective.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:Vastet

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Let me try it this way. One appointee with the greatest charge against him is a politicly safe statement. To make an issue of it you first have to explain why it is incorrect to an audience that worked hard to get a D in science in high school. If Harper reponds he can claim he did not know, replace the nerfbrain and claim to be responsive to the concerns of the public and a promoter of science.

Harper not knowing Goodyears qualifications before assigning the position questions Harpers capability to properly appoint in all levels of government, as well as the rest of his leadership skills.

And unlike the US, Canada does not have a majority that discounts evolution. I would like to see it stay that way, so I requested for some assistance in the comments after the articles.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
Of you can add to the complaints about Harper that he appointed a creationist without having to explain a thing nor back up the claim. I presume you are in the vast majority which wants to get rid of Harper. Not many people like Bush's Brain. That is because he methods were effective.

The argument at these two links no longer directly concerns Harper. The argument is now evolution vs creationism. That's what I am wanting help with. I can't ask people of this site to do anything more than that.

But before I can expect all Canadians to know how dangerous the prick is, I have to be sure that we're all on a certain educational level. We aren't, so there's some work needing to be done to keep us from slipping back further.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Harper not knowing Goodyears qualifications before assigning the position questions Harpers capability to properly appoint in all levels of government, as well as the rest of his leadership skills.

And unlike the US, Canada does not have a majority that discounts evolution. I would like to see it stay that way, so I requested for some assistance in the comments after the articles.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

The argument at these two links no longer directly concerns Harper. The argument is now evolution vs creationism. That's what I am wanting help with. I can't ask people of this site to do anything more than that.

But before I can expect all Canadians to know how dangerous the prick is, I have to be sure that we're all on a certain educational level. We aren't, so there's some work needing to be done to keep us from slipping back further.

If you are only after this guy and what you posted is the best you have I don't see you should be doing much of anything but waiting for him to say something useful. What I read was a mis-statement that he may or may not know is a mis-statement. If biology is not his field me may not.

As I said, trying to make use of it first requires you to explain why it is wrong and then why it makes a difference how it is said to a voters who don't know, don't care and half of which likely think creationism is correct.

The path to success down this way has been connecting these people to some religious creationist movement. In the Beginning by Michael Lienesch decribes its start in the US. The Religious Fundamentals movement, therefore Fundamentalists. Anyway, those trying to sell religion have been the only ones and revealing that association has been what has carried the day.

You do not appear to have that. If you can find it I presume it would work even better in Canada for its Brit connections.

I wish you luck but I don't see anything to work with that has a chance of succeeding. Not because it is wrong but because it is so slim and the education time required just to get voters to see why it is wrong.

You have a political issue in a political arena. You do not have a scientific issue before a scientific audience. I see no way to win the politics against an appointee.

www.ussliberty.org

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ugh.This derailment has gone

Ugh.

This derailment has gone on long enough, and is obviously not going to go anywhere.

I repeat my request for people of this site to assist me in defeating anti-evolutionists on the links provided above.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
In the words of that random

In the words of that random Asian Rebel pilot, "There's... too many of them!"

I'll try to help out.

Oh. And... Holy fuck!

Darth Wong. From Stardestroyer.net. He's there, too.

Man, that guy's an asshole. But at least he's our asshole in this case, I guess...

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Damon Fillman
User is offlineOffline
I don't trust any of

I don't trust any of Harper's appointees.  How much can you know about "science" if you don't oppose the vicious slaughter of baby seals during Canada's annual hunt (which is going on right now).  Are these science ministers, or dogs, aware that killing certain species will have a negative affect on ecosystems across the globe? 

It doesn't rest with baby seals either.  Slaughtering sharks for their fins so we can be even bigger gluttons will also have a negative affect on our ecosystems.  Fuck, sharks have been here for millions of years.  How quickly will they get wiped out?  Decades?  That's sad...

/End rant

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lol. The seal hunt is

Lol. The seal hunt is supported by science. The only objections to it are emotional. If there is no hunt, the seals overpopulate, fish vanishes, people starve.

Peta proves its uselessness once again.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Damon Fillman wrote:How much

Damon Fillman wrote:
How much can you know about "science" if you don't oppose the vicious slaughter of baby seals during Canada's annual hunt (which is going on right now).  Are these science ministers, or dogs, aware that killing certain species will have a negative affect on ecosystems across the globe?
Ahem.  I don't trust Harper's appointees either, but the seal hunt should have nothing to do with the emotional outrage you feel at the 'vicious slaughter of baby seals'.  It's true that killing certain species will (or more appropriately can) have a negative effect on ecosystems, but seals are not one of those.  They continuously overpopulate (or more accurately, their population is stable and the hunt is not detrimental to the sustainable population).  The kull is necessary to deflate their population for the very reasons mentioned above.

Fuck, I hate ignorance!  Further, the baby seals have been banned from hunting (you know, those cute white ones).  Also, there are some 9.5 million harp seals in the wild.  Canada restricts annual hunting to 270, 000 per year.  Harp seals are not nearly close to extinction nor endangerment.

Need I go on?

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."