Sexual Purity Whores.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sexual Purity Whores.

In case you missed the SouthPark episode on the Jonas Brothers:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/220683

Adriana Lima is another Sexual Purity whore. A Victoria's Secret Supermodel 'virgin' that is also a devout Catholic and touting her commitment to sexual purity while having millions of men drool over her body. But I am glad God gave her permission to model:

http://hollysgirls.blogspot.com/2007/02/best-of-adriana-lima.html

What's ironic is that I have more respect for the fundies that never dress provocitively or listen to rock music, at least they live what they believe. I think the world would be better if everyone where either athiest or hard core fundies.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
So who would win the

So who would win the fight:  Giant flying mickey mouse or the stay-pufft marshmellow man?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: What's ironic is

EXC wrote:
What's ironic is that I have more respect for the fundies that never dress provocitively or listen to rock music, at least they live what they believe.

I agree with this statement. I've always thought that sexual purity in the Bible Belt is such a joke because America is such a sexualized society (which I don't think is such a bad thing: there's nothing wrong with a sexualized society in and of itself).

The problem comes when High School Musical, with it's gorgeous teenagers that have romantic entanglements, still is supposed to promote sexual purity. I mean, what are the pure kids watching it supposed to think? "You have to be gorgeous and have a boyfriend, and experience lots of romance to be fulfilled and happy, oh, and also: Lust is BAD!!!"

A fucking joke it is.

In Saudi Arabia they at least practice what the puritans in America preach (to an extent). Not that Saudi Arabia doesn't have it's own hypocracy to contend with. Brothels for the rich and powerful (even the priests) and if an uncle rapes his 13 year old niece she's the one who gets stoned. But even so, they at least have a society that really is geared towards "lust is bad".

EXC wrote:
I think the world would be better if everyone where either athiest or hard core fundies.

This statement however, I do not agree with.

Hard core fundies need an outgroup. They thrive on thinking themselves better and more rightious and more "in the know" about God's wishes than all those godless sodomites out there. If everyone were hard core fundies, thousand of sects would be fighting eachother in no time. They could never all adhere to exactly the same fundimentalist principles, because the thing that keeps fundementalism going is the outgroups. They need someone to feel superior to.

Remember, when there isn't an American embassy or a Synagouge nearby (the BIG enemies), the Muslim fundies are usually bombing mosques: the Suniis bombing the Shias and vice versa (the little enemies will just have to do).

Because the one thing that the fundementalist can't allow is to stop thinking about the great enemies that are causing all the evil in the world for just one second.

Because if they do, all that's left is to contemplate your own ideals, and then their fundementalism imediately breaks down.

The bane of fundementalist thinking: A few moments of selfreflection.

Well I was born an original sinner
I was spawned from original sin
And if I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money piled up to my chin

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

So who would win the fight:  Giant flying mickey mouse or the stay-pufft marshmellow man?

Fire beats marshmallow.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nikolaj wrote:EXC wrote: I

Nikolaj wrote:

EXC wrote:
I think the world would be better if everyone where either athiest or hard core fundies.

This statement however, I do not agree with.

Hard core fundies need an outgroup. They thrive on thinking themselves better and more rightious and more "in the know" about God's wishes than all those godless sodomites out there. If everyone were hard core fundies, thousand of sects would be fighting eachother in no time. They could never all adhere to exactly the same fundimentalist principles, because the thing that keeps fundementalism going is the outgroups. They need someone to feel superior to.

The violent fundies, yes the world needs to get rid of. The bomb throwers could be easily arrested or killed except they can hide among the moderates. The Islamic fundies recruit in 'moderate' mosques and live among the moderates. So I don't think you could have violent Islamic people without moderate Islamics to give them a place to hide.

I don't care if religious people feel superior to me as long as they don't' threaten my life and liberty.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Both Gay.

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

So who would win the fight:  Giant flying mickey mouse or the stay-pufft marshmellow man

I think they're both gay(Minnie is fucking Goofy). So they'd probably just slap each other silly, then make up.

snackynak
snackynak's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: then make up.Did

EXC wrote:

then make up.

Did somebody say make out?

Anyway, I agree. The hypocracy of the "purity" movement is totally absurd.

It's a trap! Our thetans can't repel SPs of that magnitude!

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Oh, come on.  I love the

Oh, come on.  I love the purity ring.  I predict that it will be the lower back tattoo of the 2010's.  An entire generation of horny young men will use the purity ring to identify willing targets.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
My first reaction when I

My first reaction when I read this, was that it might not be hypocriciy, since the point of modelling for Victoria's Secret is to sell the product, and the best way is to show what the product looks like.

Then I clicked the link and saw the pictures, and yeah, it did seem rather sexual. But then again come to think of it, Victoria's Secret bra line is rather sexualized. If a guy buys a VS bra for his girlfriend, it's not for her, it's for him.

So on second though, maybe rolling around on the beach in your gitch is sexualized, so yeah, I would say that it's hypocritical.

I would like to see how she justifies it.

Kinda like when Britney Spears was a virgin

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I would like to see how she justifies it.

Inside the mind of a theist:

'If God didn't want me to model lingerie, he would have shown me another way to become a millionaire.'

Plus in the Catholic religion, you can always feel really super holy when you ask God to forgive you after the sin. Good for business of the church as well.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Such a waste.

Such a waste. Sad

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
DamnDirtyApe wrote: Oh,

DamnDirtyApe wrote:

Oh, come on.  I love the purity ring.  I predict that it will be the lower back tattoo of the 2010's.  An entire generation of horny young men will use the purity ring to identify willing targets.

Great marketing idea. How about selling 'horny rings' that look similar to the purity rings? That'd pissem off.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Do "purity rings" have a

Do "purity rings" have a patent?

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Do "purity

Vastet wrote:

Do "purity rings" have a patent?

I did a quick search. Not for this application, only for hermetically sealing chemicals into a pure chamber.

Closest thing is a male chastity belt, with special 'rings' to keep oneself pure.

It could be a good thing. I heard no ever patented 'yellow pages' until someone found this loophole. Now the phone companies have to pay a royalty to the guy that patented it.

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
DamnDirtyApe wrote: Oh,

DamnDirtyApe wrote:

To paraphrase Marcus Brigstocke (talking about a young girl that made the news in the UK) "If she wants to wear a ring that proves to the world she's not having sex why doesn't she just get married like the rest of us?"

Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here
- Lawrence Krauss