The Obama Deception

OmegaSupreme
OmegaSupreme's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Obama Deception

Any of you guys see this youtube video yet?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrpRocaEfQE&feature=related  It's called "The Obama Deception" and is a little disturbing to me.  Of course some or most of what is said in the video may be false.  What say you?  The video is a long expose about the New World Order and how Obama is just a puppet and the real powers that be have engineered things like the subprime fiasco to set the stage for a global bank that will tax the hell out of us.

snackynak
snackynak's picture
User is offlineOffline
I used to watch a lot of

I used to watch a lot of conspiracy theory type stuff, some of it is kind of interesting, some of it is total bunk. I haven't seen that vid yet, but I'm going to guess that it is about the government being controlled by the global banking system and Obama being their puppet.

If you're into that kind of stuff here's somethings that I've found:

www.terrorism-illuminati.com/book/toc.html -apparently the illuminati are to blame for everything, even radical islam. That's a new one for me Smiling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGokr-SO7sk -note: this one is done by alex jones, who tends to go over the top, but it is still of kind interesting to watch. Its about old rich guys doing crazy stuff in the woods of the bohiemian grove in california.

It's a trap! Our thetans can't repel SPs of that magnitude!

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
snackynak

snackynak wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGokr-SO7sk -note: this one is done by alex jones, who tends to go over the top, but it is still of kind interesting to watch. Its about old rich guys doing crazy stuff in the woods of the bohiemian grove in california.

This last one is true. Jon Rosen wrote about it in Them (which is a really great book about tracking down the Bilderburg Group).

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes, they really do have a

Yes, they really do have a weird 'boys camp' for the social elite.

I do not see how this is sinister.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

snackynak
snackynak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Its bad enough that some of

Its bad enough that some of our political figures believe that the earth is 6000 years old, let alone buring human effigies to a huge owl statue. It may be sinister, it may not be, but is this the kind of thing our elected leaders should be taking part in?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Its bad enough

Quote:
Its bad enough that some of our political figures believe that the earth is 6000 years old, let alone buring human effigies to a huge owl statue. It may be sinister, it may not be, but is this the kind of thing our elected leaders should be taking part in?

...How is fooling around at a gentleman's camp at all comparable to promoting ignorance? If it is not the sort of thing they should be participating in, why not? Bring your premise forward, please.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

February 27, 1940

snackynak
snackynak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Its not the fooling around

Its not the fooling around part that I have a problem with, but this (exert from wiki):

Quote:
Cremation of Care

The Cremation of Care ceremony was devised in 1893 by a member named Joseph D. Redding, a lawyer from New York. It was originally scheduled to follow the serious "High Jinks" dramatic performance (later known as the Grove Play) on the first weekend of the summer encampment, and served as a catharsis for pent-up high spirits. In 1913, the ceremony was separated from the Grove Play and moved to the first night to become "an exorcising of the Demon to ensure the success of the ensuing two weeks". The Grove Play was moved to the last weekend of the encampment.

The ceremony involves the poling across a lake of a small boat containing an effigy of Care ( called "Dull Care" ). Dark, hooded figures receive from the ferryman the effigy which is placed on an altar and at the end of the ceremony, is set on fire. This "cremation" symbolizes that members are banishing the "dull cares" of conscience.

The ceremony takes place in front of a 45-foot (14 m) high hollow owl statue made of concrete over expanded metal framing and steel supports. The moss- and lichen-covered statue simulates a natural rock formation, yet holds electrical and audio equipment within it. During the ceremony, a recording of the voice of Walter Cronkite, a member of the Bohemian Club, is used as the voice of The Owl.  Music and pyrotechnics accompany the ritual for dramatic effect.

Now, it is just some silly ceremony, however, to me this is just another form of promoting ignorance. Because these people choose to keep it secret, it makes them look as if they are hiding something. Then it get blown out of proportion, and people start filling the blanks. Plus, mock human sacrafices to burn away cares? come on. They might as well be rolling on the floor in church barking like dogs.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
So rich people have

So rich people have their private clubs where they can hang out with other rich people. Ho-hum. They have a silly overblown ceremony that is just like the stuff that we all did in cub scouts only with production values to match with the amount of cash that is available to them. Again, ho-hum. If you read a bit more of the wikipedia page, it will become obvious that Alex Jones has sneaked into the place and filmed the secret ceremony. If it was all that important to keep the rest of us in the dark about the matter, don't you think that they would have sued Alex Jones into total wage slavery? They can, you know, they are that rich.

Seriously, conspiracy theories can be kind of fun if you take them for the bull that most of them are. Note that I said most, not all. That is a relevant distinction because a few have been fairly well documented. Once the conspirators have achieved their goals, they can be pretty hard to hide but being essentially done, it may not be so easy to undo them.

A great example is the great street car conspiracy. Did you know that in the 30's and 40's the tire, automotive and petroleum industries bought up most of the light rail in the United States with the only goal being to shut it down so as to better force us all to buy cars? Google that one if you don't believe me.

A current one would be the crap that is going on over copyrights in music/movies/software. OK, it really ought to be no surprise to anyone that you simply cannot buy one thing, run off a few thousand copies and hand them out, even if you do so for free. That is simply not cool. However, it is old established law that you can buy that one thing, make a single copy and keep the original stored somewhere safe in case your copy gets damaged.

If you are a content provider, then the answer is obvious. Fuck the consumer public. They are your personal cash whores and it is their responsibility to present open wallets that you can hoover clean on demand. You just buy a new law that grants a new one sided copyright that simply ignores a century of established law. The fact that this is supported not by a single right holder but essentially all of the major producers spells conspiracy to my mind.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

snackynak
snackynak's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know most of them are

I know most of them are bull, I never said that I bought into them. I was just implying that this superstitious behavour isn't neccessary from our leaders.

Quote:
If it was all that important to keep the rest of us in the dark about the matter, don't you think that they would have sued Alex Jones into total wage slavery? They can, you know, they are that rich.
Actually, no. I don't think if they wanted to keep us in the dark that they would sue him. Mostly because a law suit would bring more mainstream media attention to the matter and would have validated Alex jones's actions. Alex Jones, of course, being the guy who claims that google is trying to enslave us but at the same time, uses google's ads to run his website. I guess the money has to come from somewhere and bake sales to stop the new world order just doesn't cut it anymore.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Now, it is just some

Quote:
Now, it is just some silly ceremony, however, to me this is just another form of promoting ignorance. Because these people choose to keep it secret, it makes them look as if they are hiding something. Then it get blown out of proportion, and people start filling the blanks. Plus, mock human sacrafices to burn away cares? come on. They might as well be rolling on the floor in church barking like dogs.

First, many congressmen do spend their Sundays openly rolling around on church floors while uttering gibberish. Second, acting crazy is not the same thing as promoting ignorance. Personally, I don't really care if you want to spend your time doing weird shit. It's when you want to impose said weird shit on me, or insist that it holds some kind of sacrd truth or value, that we've got some problems. Sticking out tongue

Quote:

February 27, 1940

snackynak
snackynak's picture
User is offlineOffline
I see your point, however

I see your point, however don't you think that high profile people doing this kind of thing, behind closed doors, is what leads to these kind of conspiracy theories? So indirectly, wouldn't that be promoting miscontext/ingorance?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I see your point,

Quote:
I see your point, however don't you think that high profile people doing this kind of thing, behind closed doors, is what leads to these kind of conspiracy theories? So indirectly, wouldn't that be promoting miscontext/ingorance?

No, I really don't.

Do you think that people have a right to privacy? If so (I do, personally), that more or less slams the door on this 'issue' because one then realizes that the term 'behind closed doors' is just an aspersion-casting buzzword for 'privately'. Wealthy people get together with other wealthy people to privately do a silly effigy-burning rite of passage ritual, and then fame-groping assholes like Alex Jones sneak-in and videotape them doing it - and then he dares to call them the sinister ones?

The only thing that leads to these 'conspiracy theories' (I prefer to call the raging cyclones of lies) are the greedy pieces of shit that insist on creating them.

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think that some in this

I think that some in this thread are conflating privacy and secrecy.  While there is a connection between the two, they are not inextricably linked. When you go to the restroom you want privacy but you're not acting in secrecy. The problem with elected officials taking secret oaths and belonging to secret groups is that it undermines the electorate's ability to make informed decisions about who's representing them. Concerning the issue of secrecy I agree with John F. Kennedy when he said this:

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

An0nymous (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Isn't claiming that science

Isn't claiming that science disproves god a conspiracy theory?

Am I anonymously posting on a board of hypocrisy?

Is this my last rhetorical question?

Anonymous50 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
I love this thread. Most

I love this thread. Most threads discussing these issues contain ignorant, angry comments by people who rephrase innacurately what they have heard others say. it is nice to read well thought out, intelligent comments, that whether i agree or disagree, i respect and cause me to at least contemplate what i think about the issue. applause.