Researchers: Erasing Traumatic Memory Is Possible

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Researchers: Erasing Traumatic Memory Is Possible

A group of researchers at Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children have erased brain cells in mice that store fearful memories, holding out the hope that terrifying memories in humans may one day be erased before causing conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder.

Full Article Here.

Some interesting implications with this. Sure it could be used to wipe bad memories out to help people, but I can just as easily see a military application to such technology arising.

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
Very interesting. I wonder

Very interesting. I wonder if they ever get it safe enough to use on humans what restrictions there will be and how terrible a memory has to be before they'll erase it. Also these guys get bonus points for getting us closer to a science fiction world.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:A group of

Vastet wrote:

A group of researchers at Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children have erased brain cells in mice that store fearful memories, holding out the hope that terrifying memories in humans may one day be erased before causing conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder.

Full Article Here.

Some interesting implications with this. Sure it could be used to wipe bad memories out to help people, but I can just as easily see a military application to such technology arising.

Wish I'd seen that before my Frontal Lobotomy.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to Total Recall.

Welcome to Total Recall.