Canadian Lawyer Group Starts Proceedings To Ban Bush From Canada

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Canadian Lawyer Group Starts Proceedings To Ban Bush From Canada

LAW claims that (George W.)Bush is "inadmissable to Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act...because of overwhelming evidence that he has committed, outside Canada, torture and other offences referred to in sections 4 to 7 of the Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes Act".

Full Article Here

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 heheh... as if Bush can

heheh... as if Bush can ever leave the country anyway.  Talk about building your own prison.

Anyway, kudos to the Canucks.  I hope the rest of the world follows suit.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK, I am confused.  Is he

OK, I am confused.  Is he trying to buy a house there?  If not, then why use an immigration law against him?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Umm... AIG, they're using

Umm... AIG, they're using laws from the Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes Act in order to prevent him entry into Canada.  Entry into Canada would be covered under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.  It's the only law that would apply... far as I know.  Specifically, Division 4, paragraph 35 of the Immigration and Refugree Protection Act where it references the Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes Act.  The Act (Immigration...) is not specifically limited to people seeking to immigrate permanetly or to those seeking refugee status.

Anyhow, while I doubt this is being taken quite seriously, it certainly sends a paticular message regarding Mr. Bush.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bush can't leave the U.S.

Bush can't leave the U.S. anyway. He would be taken to the World Court for his crimes.

MijitB
User is offlineOffline
War crimes

For years, the world court and/or congress has had ample evidence of the committance of war crimes and human rights violations within the 43rd administration.  The fact that these outrageously arrogant and heinous individuals have gone uncharged by the above groups is itself an outrage.  Hang 'em high!

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do process can be such a pain in the ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the World Court to charge:  they need a plaintiff. To my knowlege no one has complained about G.W.Bush or his favorite ass kissers yet,   at least in legal written complaints,  yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

G.W.Bush has come already; made his speach (and money) and left  (or in his case--RIGHT). Why bitch about it?

Bitch and complain all you want about  ANY country's legal system;  up untill  you are the one charged with a crime, then your bitching and complaining will rotate 180 degrees.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?