The Biblical Bias Against Strong Black Women

WrathJW
atheist
WrathJW's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Biblical Bias Against Strong Black Women

Okay, the title of this essay is a bit misleading. The bible is not just biased against strong Black women. It is biased against independent and assertive women of all races equally. According to the bible a woman should have no rights accept those allowed her by her father or husband. A woman should be completely submissive and subservient and otherwise silent and the punishment for disobedience to these misogynistic biblical edicts is corporal punishment and often death. Will I piss a lot of women off if I were to say that you must be blind, stupid, or crazy to worship this God? I'm sure that I will but it is nonetheless true. I challenge any woman to show me a hero and role model that they respect and strive to emulate who follows these biblical rules? And what are some of these rules?

1 Corinthians 11:7-9:"For a man...is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman but woman for man. For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head."

In other words, the woman is merely a derivative product of man (remember, you came from Adam's rib) and as a result you should always defer to man's authority as man does to God... More:

http://godlessandblack.blogspot.com/

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes religion."
- Steven Weinberg, Nobel Prize-winning physicist

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Another lame idea,

Another lame idea, courtesy of a holy book.

How are you supposed to have a hot fight with a woman who thinks you're some kind of demi-god (or thinks she's required to consider you a demi-god)? How would you ever destroy a room with a kow-towing foot-washing piece of property? Women are way more fun when they're free of that bullshit.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Indeed. The best two types

Indeed. The best two types of sex; angry and makeup, are impossible with a slave girl. And rape never seemed fun to me. Some violence might be fun every now and then, but only when you're both part of it willingly.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
Has anyone here heard of the

Has anyone here heard of the Jewish myth of Lilith? Even their non-Biblical myths demonized assertive women. In this case she literally became a horrible demon for being an assertive woman. That'll teach her for not knowing her proper place. Guess what her biggest crime against the authority of Adam was? She wanted to have sex with her on top of him. Rather than lay back and enjoy the ride, Adam had YHWH banish her from paradise. She was banished from paradise and transformed into a demon for wanting to try something other than missionary position.

I suppose that the slightest hint of female assertiveness (such as in that myth a request for trying different positions in sex) was seen as something only an inhuman monster would do.

Have you ever seen the Sceptic's Annotated Bible WrathJW? It has a list of offenses against women in the Bible if I recall correctly.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:Guess

Jormungander wrote:
Guess what her biggest crime against the authority of Adam was? She wanted to have sex with her on top of him.

If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Jormungander wrote:
Rather than lay back and enjoy the ride, Adam had YHWH banish her from paradise. She was banished from paradise and transformed into a demon for wanting to try something other than missionary position.

It's hilarious how 8th century fan fiction can become important religious folk writing, and basically outline the most lame-dick system of morals possible. Equality between men and women is so scary you need a magical story to demonstrate its evils? What a bunch of pussies. The only way to keep these guys from seeming like pussies is to make Lilith a big, scary demon queen.

"No, dude, she's not just a woman who wants to be on top. No, she's a DEMON QUEEN!"

Actually ... that sounds hot. I'm thinking I just can't relate to pansies.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

WrathJW wrote:

Okay, the title of this essay is a bit misleading. The bible is not just biased against strong Black women. It is biased against independent and assertive women of all races equally. According to the bible a woman should have no rights accept those allowed her by her father or husband. A woman should be completely submissive and subservient and otherwise silent and the punishment for disobedience to these misogynistic biblical edicts is corporal punishment and often death. Will I piss a lot of women off if I were to say that you must be blind, stupid, or crazy to worship this God? I'm sure that I will but it is nonetheless true. I challenge any woman to show me a hero and role model that they respect and strive to emulate who follows these biblical rules? And what are some of these rules?

1 Corinthians 11:7-9:"For a man...is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman but woman for man. For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head."

In other words, the woman is merely a derivative product of man (remember, you came from Adam's rib) and as a result you should always defer to man's authority as man does to God... More:

http://godlessandblack.blogspot.com/

There is no bias based upon color until around the 18th c. AD although there are some signs of it in the mid to late 17th c. Unlike Shylock Othello is a sympathetic character. Yes they were Black and yes they may have been disliked but they were Moors even if Blackamoors. They were a respected enemy that ruled most of the Med. There was no way to call them inferior other than for being pissed at their power.

As for the women in Judaism and is benighted offspring it is difficult to imagine a man beating his wife and then eating the food she prepares for him. It is just not a smart thing to do.

As we know the Judean women worshiped Ashara into the 2nd c. AD all we have is the crap the men wrote. And we believe it reflected reality for no good reason. The women certainly did not stop worshiping her when Jerusalem was rebuilt as a Roman city. That is simply when the archaeological record of the city ceases to contain records of her worship because Jews were prohibited from entering the city.

The men wrote down their story. The women had better things to do than being scribes. They wrote down and preserved nothing. Why would they need to? The worship was passed down from mother to daughter much easier than putting writing in the middle of the transmission.

They had the same problem we have today with women. So they wrote down tales of how their wives were subservient to them as a form of bragging among the boys. You are not expected to take it seriously.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml