Issue resolved: Women must return the seat to the correct upright position.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Issue resolved: Women must return the seat to the correct upright position.

Well, I have had the debate on another forum but due to the rules there, it was not possible to get a clear resolve on the issue. So this thread is for all the ladies to state exactly why it is not possible for them to lift the seat when they are done with their business.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
... o_O ... My my my...

o_O

My my my... what an epic use of our debate power!

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
This could get vicious.

This could get vicious. Laughing out loud

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Or for that matter why

Or for that matter why someone wouldn't look where they are putting their naked behind.

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
I learned 15 years ago that

I learned 15 years ago that it was a losing battle and I ALWAYS lift the seat after I go.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Magus wrote:Or for that

Magus wrote:

Or for that matter why someone wouldn't look where they are putting their naked behind.

LOL
There is nothing worse then going into a dark bathroom and sitting down and your ass goes right into the toilet. I am in the habit of always checking and 99% of the time replacing the seat. (he sometimes puts it down...1% of the time )  Eye-wink

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

pablotar
pablotar's picture
User is offlineOffline
There is no controversy in

There is no controversy in my house 'cause the  older I get the more uncontrolled my stream gets so I sit down to avoid making a mess.

My masculinity is not threatened at all.

Eden had a 25% murder rate and incest was rampant.

pablotar
pablotar's picture
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

Magus wrote:

LOL
There is nothing worse then going into a dark bathroom and sitting down and your ass goes right into the toilet. I am in the habit of always checking and 99% of the time replacing the seat. (he sometimes puts it down...1% of the time )  Eye-wink

Yeah, I never understood that not looking part either.

Eden had a 25% murder rate and incest was rampant.

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
 This was a vicious debate

This was a vicious debate at my family's Christmas party this year. The ladies argued the usual: that the fellas should put the seat back down because they're not the only ones in the house. The fellas countered with the usual: that the ladies should, by the same logic, put the seat up because they are not the only ones in the house. Also, the guys look before they piss; why can't the ladies?

The ladies' final defense was twofold:

1) An appeal to chivalry. The fellas will do it if they are gentlemen.

2) A compromise in the name of neatness. For the bathroom to look its best, argue the ladies, the default position for the toilet is fully closed (i.e. seat AND lid must be put down after every use). Both sexes must respect the default position.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

anniet
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Well, I have had the debate on another forum but due to the rules there, it was not possible to get a clear resolve on the issue. So this thread is for all the ladies to state exactly why it is not possible for them to lift the seat when they are done with their business.

I'm not sure how clean your bathroom is, but I've noticed that lifting the lid usually exposes more grunginess.  However, that's just aesthetics.  My main answer is "'Cause I'm the Mom and I say so."  The right to tyranny is grand.  Smiling

"I am that I am." - Proof that the writers of the bible were beyond stoned.

Awelton85
Superfan
Awelton85's picture
User is offlineOffline
My fiancée and I have

My fiancée and I have seperate bathrooms. It is the single greatest thing I have ever experienced. No more shall I have to dig through 75 bottles and 3 loofahs to find shampoo that doesn't smell like an english countryside. No longer do I find out the hard way that my better half has used my razor on her legs (you can't stop the bleeding). Nevermore will I have to adjust my toilet seat to fit someone elses preferences!

Sorry, I tend to get a little carried away on the subject.

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence." - Bertrand Russell

Stewie: Yay and God said to Abraham, "you will kill your son, Issak", and Abraham said, I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Archeopteryx wrote:The

Archeopteryx wrote:

The ladies' final defense was twofold:

Allow me. Eye-wink

Archeopteryx wrote:

1) An appeal to chivalry. The fellas will do it if they are gentlemen.

Chivalry went out when equality came in. You can have one or the other, not both. They are mutually exclusive.

Archeopteryx wrote:

2) A compromise in the name of neatness. For the bathroom to look its best, argue the ladies, the default position for the toilet is fully closed (i.e. seat AND lid must be put down after every use). Both sexes must respect the default position.

Guests don't come to the house to critique the bathroom seat being up or down. Efficiency and effectiveness is far superior to some concept of neatness.

Besides, think of the animals, if you happen to have any. If you haven't filled the water dish, they'll be able to use the toilet without bothering you. And don't think it doesn't happen. Both dogs and cats are aware of its location and potential use for a water supply.

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
My medicine cabinet os above

My medicine cabinet os above the toilet. People in my house are clumsy. Therefore the seat and lid go down.

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Stosis wrote:My medicine

Stosis wrote:

My medicine cabinet os above the toilet. People in my house are clumsy. Therefore the seat and lid go down.

What a horribly placed cabinet for medication.

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
easy answer

I have been happily married for over 20 years because of two little words,  "yes dear".   At least the wife tells me I have.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

I have been happily married for over 20 years because of two little words,  "yes dear".   At least the wife tells me I have.

The tyranny of married women! Are you really happily married, or do you just have marriage's form of stockholm syndrome?

Eye-wink

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:The tyranny of

Quote:
The tyranny of married women! Are you really happily married, or do you just have marriage's form of stockholm syndrome?

Oh, I must remember this... I must remember this.  I will be socially inappropriate... many times....  It will be marvelous.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

One day you will have a diarrhea emergency, and the women will have their revenge.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's not even possible. I

That's not even possible. I have never walked up to a toilet with the intentions of using it, and NOT looked at the seat before I sat down. It's simple sense. Not to mention that it's right IN FRONT OF YOU! as you walk up to it.

What if someone missed or had a split stream while they were pissing, and left a pool of piss on the seat because they were too lazy to clean it up or simply hadn't noticed? What if the seat itself is busted or missing? Or up, for that matter. And that's not even getting into some of the crazy shit I've seen as both a cleaner and a security officer in my work history. That goes for men and women. Believe it or not, the mens room is cleaner on average.

Anyone who doesn't look at a toilet before they sit on it is asking for whatever happens. They have noone to blame but themselves.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
My response to your evil!Pic

My response to your evil!

Pic 1: I don't drink very much. I used to; pretty well all of '99 I was fucked up. But less and less every year since then. At this moment I haven't actually had enough to drink to get buzzed since last April. So I certainly don't need anyone to be carrying booze around. Eye-wink

Pic 2: Two tv's are a must. I couldn't co-habitate with ANYONE unless there were at least two tv's. Power of the remote: Denied. Sticking out tongue

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
Pic2: Evolution has evolved

Pic2: Evolution has evolved men to be addicted to stupid little gizmos for no reason. Just look at how many men buy smart phones, HD TVs and blue-ray players without knowing or ever learning how to use them properly. Because of this the man would (or already has) buy a super over powered $500 remote that will overpower your dinky woman remote that came with the TV.

tl;dr: man will get over powered remote.