Bill Maher blasts religion at Oscars.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bill Maher blasts religion at Oscars.

Quote:
Now as a producer and a star of my own documentary this year, the one about religion that didn't get nominated. I know, it's a touchy subject. But someday, we all have to confront the notion that our silly gods cost the world too greatly. But there I go, ruining the ending.

Quote from this website.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4275-DC-Political-Atheist-Examiner~y2009m2d23-Bill-Maher-and-our-silly-gods

Thank Jake or Thor or Snarfwidgits for peole like Maher and Kathy Griffin, who don't attribute a statue to a deity anymore than an NFL fan should attribute a touchdown to Thor/Vishnu/or Jesus.

[mod edit to fix link - Will]

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
HA HA HA! Fuckin' A Bill!

HA HA HA! Fuckin' A Bill!

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Diagoras23
atheist
Diagoras23's picture
User is offlineOffline
I heart Bill Maher

Bill should post religilous on line somewhere easy.

I hate virus bit torents.

I heart Bill Maher.

Teslacrashed
User is offlineOffline
Diagoras23 wrote:Bill should

Diagoras23 wrote:

I heart Bill Maher.

Amazon has it for Video on Demand for 3.99, rental price.

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Diagoras23 wrote:Bill should

Diagoras23 wrote:

I heart Bill Maher.

Well, if you haven't seen it already here's a pretty easy site.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=VFFEV7C8

The only downside is that if you dont have a membership you can only watch 72 minutes at a time, so you would have to wait about an hour and then finish it.

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
FYI. Bill's an agnostic.

FYI. Bill's an agnostic. He's said "I don't know.", in response to the existence question, and he's also made clear that he's not an Atheist.

Personally, I really enjoy Bill, regardless of whether or not he's an Atheist, he's clearly stated why he's not a Theist, and expressed political and social views that wisely challenge the established "order".

Unfortunately, I've not had cable for quite a while and missed whatever it was that he said which resulted in his show being taken off the air.
If anyone knows what that incident was about, feel free to fill me in, ... even better, I'd be interested in viewing the video of it, if you have any ideas as to how or where it can be viewed.