2/5.

Fortunately Obama was elected.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 4/5I didn't know the three

4/5

I didn't know the three biggest industries in Canada.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
4/5 but I guessed on all of

4/5 but I guessed on all of them.  Also Obama got elected so Canada sucks again. Sticking out tongue

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
*Tries them all*A couple of

*Tries them all*

A couple of the questions are wrong(correct answer isn't available), but they're debatable issues.

88% out of 115 questions. Not bad, considering how much they focused on the Richmond electoral district/representatives, where I haven't lived anywhere near in more than a decade...

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
 2/5 good thing i don't

2/5 good thing i don't plan to move there, it's kinda out of the way for me 

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
6/10. It looks like I'll be

6/10. It looks like I'll be staying in the states. Oddly enough this week I spoke to a job recruiter that asked me if I wanted to move to Canada. I said 'no,' so I suppose my lack of knowledge about Canada won't count against me too much.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The main reason I will not

The main reason I will not move to Canada is that it is toooooooooo fucking cold!

The other reason is that as well intended as they are, like Europe, with "getting along" tend to lean towards politically correct "dont offend me laws" which will bite them in the ass eventually.

As ass backwards as America can be sometimes, the beauty of our Constitution is that it protects the Christian's right to offend the atheist and the atheist's right to offend them. A Mexican standoff is better than fascism, be it a nationalistic fascist state, or a theocracy.

The quickest way to fascism is setting up governmental taboos to protect politicians, parties, or religions, from being "offended".

I love my Canadian friends in their intent of wanting to get along, I merely think their exicution in accheaving that goal sucks, and will backfire on them.

Now, if there were a pole shift on the planet and Canada suddenly became tropical, and they had a goal of defending blasphemy, I would move in a heartbeat.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've scored 50% at best,

I've scored 50% at best, mostly by a guesswork. (and by 'pick the longest non-dumb answer' rule)
I considered moving to Canada, I have a good opinion on it. (I admit, I'm biased, I don't know Canada's bad side) But it's a bit too far from here and the place is too big. It must be a paradise, compared to my own country. I am deeply ashamed of my president, parliament, senate (yes, we've got TWO herds of rednecks) foreign policy, law-giving power, executive power and justice power. Many of people there are either idiotic, evil, or both, and they don't even bother with hiding it. This whole state institution is, I'd say, legally and morally absurd, and continues in this fashion till today. (there was no referendum or anything, people just woke from the revolution rush and they already were up the castle)
I'd like to take a look at some civilized countries. It seems that Ireland might be my real destination, in several months. I hope that there are places in the world, where not everything is possible.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would try, but hell...I'm

I would try, but hell...I'm already a Canadian citizen. Plus, I probably wouldn't do very well. I haven't actually lived in Canada for years, and I did not recieve primary or secondary education there, and therefore I missed the wonderful opportunity to be forced to take courses on its...uh....fascinating history.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

peterweal
peterweal's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have a perfect score! Oh

I have a perfect score!

Oh wait..... I live in Canada already.

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why did it focus so on the

Why did it focus so on the electoral structure of Richmond, BC?? Why not Moose Jaw, SK or any other district if knowledge that specific is considered necessary?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Deludedgod wrote: I

Deludedgod wrote:
 I missed the wonderful opportunity to be forced to take courses on its...uh....fascinating history.

Now that's funny.  Has anything actually ever happened in Canada?  I mean, like... you know... anything at all?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:*Tries them

Vastet wrote:

*Tries them all*

A couple of the questions are wrong(correct answer isn't available), but they're debatable issues.

88% out of 115 questions. Not bad, considering how much they focused on the Richmond electoral district/representatives, where I haven't lived anywhere near in more than a decade...

I did them all too.  I got 64%.  So just possibly even Canada will draw the line somewhere on who they will let in.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Now that's funny.

Quote:

Now that's funny.  Has anything actually ever happened in Canada?  I mean, like... you know... anything at all?

I think we burned down the White house once...or something along those lines.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote:Quote:Now

deludedgod wrote:

Quote:

I think we burned down the White house once...or something along those lines.

Ahem. Twice.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote:I would

deludedgod wrote:

I would try, but hell...I'm already a Canadian citizen. Plus, I probably wouldn't do very well. I haven't actually lived in Canada for years, and I did not recieve primary or secondary education there, and therefore I missed the wonderful opportunity to be forced to take courses on its...uh....fascinating history.

There are some pretty cool things that have happened here. And a lot of boring stuff as well.

KSMB wrote:

Why did it focus so on the electoral structure of Richmond, BC?? Why not Moose Jaw, SK or any other district if knowledge that specific is considered necessary?

I'd assume it's actually keyed to the area you're taking the test in, though I can't guarantee it.

Hambydammit wrote:

Deludedgod wrote:
 I missed the wonderful opportunity to be forced to take courses on its...uh....fascinating history.

You asked for it.

Canada is the only nation or colony to ever completely and totally repel the United States, to the point we conquered them. Then we gave them their country back and rebuilt their White House for them. Because we're cool that way. Smiling

In WWII, there were German U Boats in the St. Lawrence. I can't remember many details at the moment, but our nation was invaded by Germany. I'd call that rather exciting.

Also in WWII, we were one of two countries (the other being Russia) who made headway into Germany itself, before anyone else.

Normandy beach, anyone? You're welcome.

Canadian ecosystems:

Oceanic, Desert, Prarie, Tundra, Forest, Rain Forest, Aboreal Forest, Swamp, etc.

A Few Canadian Inventions: (click the list to go to a larger list, or do a search on google for more)

-explosives vapour detector - Dr Lorne Elias (1990)

-electron microscope - Prof. E. F. Burton and Cecil Hall, James Hillier and Albert Prebus (late 1930s)
-Canadarm - SPAR and the National Aeronautical Establishment (1981)

-cobalt bomb - University of Saskatchewan and Eldorado Mining and Refining (1951)
-IMAX - Grahame Ferguson, Roman Kroitor, Robert Kerr (1968)

-insulin (as diabetes treatment) - Dr. Frederick Banting, Dr. Charles Best and Dr. Collip (1921)

-snowblower - Arthur Sicard (1927)

-Superman - Joe Shuster and Jerome Siegel (1938)

-zipper - Gideon Sundback (1913)
-snowmobile - Joseph-Armand Bombardier (1937)

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:deludedgod

Vastet wrote:

deludedgod wrote:

There are some pretty cool things that have happened here. And a lot of boring stuff as well.

KSMB wrote:

I'd assume it's actually keyed to the area you're taking the test in, though I can't guarantee it.

Hambydammit wrote:

Deludedgod wrote:

You asked for it.

Canada is the only nation or colony to ever completely and totally repel the United States, to the point we conquered them. Then we gave them their country back and rebuilt their White House for them. Because we're cool that way. Smiling

In WWII, there were German U Boats in the St. Lawrence. I can't remember many details at the moment, but our nation was invaded by Germany. I'd call that rather exciting.

Also in WWII, we were one of two countries (the other being Russia) who made headway into Germany itself, before anyone else.

Canadian ecosystems:

Oceanic, Desert, Prarie, Tundra, Forest, Rain Forest, Aboreal Forest, Swamp, etc.

A Few Canadian Inventions: (click the list to go to a larger list, or do a search on google for more)

-electron microscope - Prof. E. F. Burton and Cecil Hall, James Hillier and Albert Prebus (late 1930s)

-cobalt bomb - University of Saskatchewan and Eldorado Mining and Refining (1951)

-insulin (as diabetes treatment) - Dr. Frederick Banting, Dr. Charles Best and Dr. Collip (1921)

The US takes more shit from Canadians than from any other nationality on this site and we're unfailingly good-humoured (see?) about it; Hamby makes one totally innocent joke and you've got to pull your balls out for everybody to see.  Touchy much?

I'm joking of course.  I love you knuckleheads.  Except for Neal Peart.  Fuck that guy.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
DamnDirtyApe wrote:Vastet

DamnDirtyApe wrote:

Vastet wrote:

deludedgod wrote:

KSMB wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

Deludedgod wrote:

You asked for it.

Canadian ecosystems:

The US takes more shit from Canadians than from any other nationality on this site and we're unfailingly good-humoured (see?) about it; Hamby makes one totally innocent joke and you've got to pull your balls out for everybody to see.  Touchy much?

I'm joking of course.  I love you knuckleheads.  Except for Neal Peart.  Fuck that guy.

32 million of us say nothing when someone makes a joke like that. I'm one of the few who will speak for us all. Laughing out loud

Who the hell is Neal Peart?

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:  32 million

Vastet wrote:

32 million of us say nothing when someone makes a joke like that. I'm one of the few who will speak for us all. Laughing out loud

Who the hell is Neal Peart?

The drummer (and unfortunately, the lyricist as well) for Rush.  

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aaaah

Aaaah

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Proud Canadian here

I suppose it's my turn to speak up for Canada. But I grew up in the state of Maine, you know with American icons, like Papa Ben Cartwright (Lorne Greene) , Cpt Kirk (William Shatner) Scotty (James Doohan) 60 Minutes Morley Safer and I heard about Americas Sweetheart Mary Pickford one of the  founders of United Artists Studios and I watched Warner Brothers Cartoons.

There are some old foggies I saw a lot of growing up but they may not be called Icons,  James Randi, Raymond Burr, Monty Hall (TV's Big Dealer) Art Linkletter, Alex Trebek and Burton Cummings.

Successful comedians of today Jim Carrey, Mike Myers, Dan Akroyd, Brendon Fraser, John Candy, Dave Thomas........

I think I've board you enough, Canadians are boring and all those people I named above are Canadians.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
All I know about Canada I

All I know about Canada I learned from the Ren & Stimpy episode Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen!

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You asked for

Quote:

You asked for it.

Canadian ecosystems:

There was also that time that e decided to find every 'Jap' in the country while the world was at war for the second time and lock them up, as well as the time Trudeau decided that nearly every person living in Quebec needed to be labelled a terrorist and have all of their rights repealed.

Woo. Fun times.

Go us.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Good

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
Good luck Smiling

1/5... Did you hex me? I've never scored so low before. I guess it's true what they say... people barely know Canada exist...

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:

You asked for it.

Canadian ecosystems:

There was also that time that e decided to find every 'Jap' in the country while the world was at war for the second time and lock them up, as well as the time Trudeau decided that nearly every person living in Quebec needed to be labelled a terrorist and have all of their rights repealed.

Woo. Fun times.

Go us.

Well....at least we weren't the only ones to lock up the Japanese. And we abolished slavery first. > >

As for the incident in Quebec, I can't say as I disagree with Trudeau's actions. Martial Law was only temporarily enforced, was also requested by the Premier of the time, and the kidnapping by the FLQ of foreign dignataries is a pretty hardcore thing to happen on our soil. I would have done the same thing.

greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
3/5 for me. It's now

3/5 for me. It's now official that my family and I are going to Montreal for 3 days for spring break. We're scoping it out in case the US gets even more fucked up and we have to move. Seriously.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
greek goddess wrote:3/5 for

greek goddess wrote:

3/5 for me. It's now official that my family and I are going to Montreal for 3 days for spring break. We're scoping it out in case the US gets even more fucked up and we have to move. Seriously.

Quebec doesn't count.