Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

DanMullin
DanMullin's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was hesitant to respond to

I was hesitant to respond to this post for fear of outing myself.  Hope this goes well...

Part of my problem with PTSD is that it is very hard to talk about.  I fear I may be the only person on this forum that is suffering from PTSD as a result of combat.  It's similar to the way I originally felt about being an atheist.  I felt I had to keep it to myself at all costs as I might have been alone.  Education and experience led me to the understanding that it was vitally important for me to take action, on account of my position, so that others like me wouldn't feel alone either.

I do play video games occasionaly, but I can't really say if they help with PTSD.  I can certainly lose myself in the fantasy for a little while, but it doesn't last long beyond the game being turned off.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Most of the benefits seem to

Most of the benefits seem to be when getting into Tetris before symptoms show, immediately after the event that will lead to PTSD.

I have not experienced any form of stress disorder personally, but you have my deepest sympathies. I'm quite well aware of the harm they can cause, having worked with psychiatric patients and taking psychology in college. I wish you the best of luck in trying to deal with it.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.