Rational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Youtube vs The Users

UPDATE!  YOUTUBE USERS WIN!

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
It's on the homepage now

It's on the homepage now Thunderfoot.  Kudos for putting your account on the line.  If the account goes make sure to zip all the videos that would be of interest to the RRS folks and send them my way, maybe by CD.  Then I'll have them re-posted on Rational Tube!  Currently all of the Thunderf00t videos can be found on Rational Tube here.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, hi Tf00t.I'll check the

Wow, hi Tf00t.

I'll check the video and see if I can upload it.

Edit: It states that the video has been deleted due to terms of use violation.  Hmmmm, I smell censorship.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
Try this one:

Try this one:

Thunderf00t
Rational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Its time to stand up and be

Its time to stand up and be counted!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2EAVVIg-WA

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
They probably took it down

They probably took it down because it encouraged sending hundreds of letters to a channel that it wasn't designed to recieve.

If somebody encouraged creationists to spam you with Kent Hovind it would also be taken down.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Thunderf00t, I'm uploading

Thunderf00t, I'm uploading both videos to Rational Tube asap so that youtube can't remove them, then putting them on the homepage.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Both videos are now uploaded

Both videos are now uploaded where youtube can't touch em...

http://video.rationalresponders.com/video/Youtube-vs-The-Users-Part-1-rem

http://video.rationalresponders.com/video/Youtube-vs-The-Users-Part-Deux

Currently being encoded, should be live soon.

Thunderf00t
Rational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Many thanks Brian.... Its

Many thanks Brian.... Its greatly appreciated!

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
What a load of fucking

What a load of fucking bullshit!

Everyone? If you haven't written GoonTube already, there's no time like the present. Just take a minute or two and verbally blow those assholes' brains out.

Here's a direct link to the advert channel

Have at 'er.

Alison: While you're probably correct that this is the reason YouTube will wind-up citing:

A) It's not what they told Thunderf00t, so they weren't exactly honest about it.

B) It's still a matter of silencing dissent, and is not the same as me delivering your e-mail address to someone to be spammed. The advertising channel is, fairly and squarely, a representative channel for YouTube - and Thunderf00t was pointing their way for voicing legitimate grievances with YouTube's system (frankly - have you ever tried using their 'Help' service? It's exactly as unwieldy as Thunderf00t describes.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote: A)

Kevin R Brown wrote:

A) It's not what they told Thunderf00t, so they weren't exactly honest about it.

B) It's still a matter of silencing dissent, and is not the same as me delivering your e-mail address to someone to be spammed. The advertising channel is, fairly and squarely, a representative channel for YouTube - and Thunderf00t was pointing their way for voicing legitimate grievances with YouTube's system (frankly - have you ever tried using their 'Help' service? It's exactly as unwieldy as Thunderf00t describes.

A) Yeah, they should have specified WHY the video was taken down, maybe the messgae is automatic? Or they can at least appoint some moderators to help with the burden of explaining WHY a video was taken down, since I can imagine a lot of videos get flagged.

B) I've never used the 'Help service" I'll try now.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:B) I've

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

B) I've never used the 'Help service" I'll try now.

Wow, what a mess.

They have some forums

Other users are fed up as well

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:A) Yeah,

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

A) Yeah, they should have specified WHY the video was taken down, maybe the messgae is automatic? Or they can at least appoint some moderators to help with the burden of explaining WHY a video was taken down, since I can imagine a lot of videos get flagged.

The fact that he got an automated message is sort of the point.  I've received the automated messages from youtube when getting the short end of the stick as well, and as a big account I would've expected they make enough money to be a little more specific in my situations so that I can correct them.  As a result I'm not as interested in making videos for youtube, and have felt this way for nearly two years, every upload I make I think, "here's something that might be gone soon."

greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
Done & done. As a biology

Done & done. As a biology student, I absolutely love your informative videos, Thunderf00t. I'll do whatever is within my power to keep that knowledge from disappearing from YouTube.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks a lot for the videos,

Thanks a lot for the videos, Thunderf00t and Brian. The series 'Why do people laugh at creationists' reminded me of something. One fellow 'young Earth' creationist claimed to me... well, I've got to quote him:

I think there might also be an event (or it may
have been at the same time as Creation or the Flood) in the book of
Job somewhere that talks about God commanding the water to go to its
place and that when the waters do so the weight of the water caused
mountains to rise up.

I don't know much about these things, but it seems suspicious to me, that the Moon's gravity pull moves all the waters on Earth easily twice per day, but the mountains won't budge. Thus the weight of water is not likely to cause such a creative geologic events, to say it mildly.
And yeah, there was also something about Grand Canyon

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd love to help with this,

I'd love to help with this, but I can't do more than offer my support. My PC is simply way too out of date. I can't even watch half the videos on YouTube as it is, let alone upload any. And downloading onto the PS3 in the house doesn't work very well yet. Maybe they'll have browser upgrades that'll fix that in the next year or so.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

wightsnow
User is offlineOffline
Thunderf00t and youtube

I think it is important that we take notice of thunderf00t's recent effort.  I realize this is my first post on this forum, but I have an active account on atheistnation.net and feel that this is important for all freethinkers/dissenters from dogma.

Some of you may not be aware, but thunderf00t recently posted a video that has been taken down by youtube inside of 12 hours.  It contained complaints against youtube for failing to act against vote-bots and suggested a method of messaging youtube that would be admittedly inconvenient for them which is why, thunderf00t argues, it would work.

A video linking to a mirror:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRYaPR-9Dg8

A mirror of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjDUQVt7iOU&annotation_id=annotation_15943&feature=iv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WDbUDImvWA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y2OuZTG_nw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MTDHegw_dI&feature=related

xenu.net
Let the clambake continue.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Question: Is RationalTube a

Question: Is RationalTube a distinct site in and of itself, with the intent of a YouTube clone, or is it just a page of this site?

I ask because it occurs to me that you could try to replace YouTube for those of us who are more rational. The effort would be immense, but when considering the name value the RRS already has, it just might end up being profitable as well.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Question: Is

Vastet wrote:

Question: Is RationalTube a distinct site in and of itself, with the intent of a YouTube clone, or is it just a page of this site?

I ask because it occurs to me that you could try to replace YouTube for those of us who are more rational. The effort would be immense, but when considering the name value the RRS already has, it just might end up being profitable as well.

RationalTube is a standalone site that is part of the RRS network, a little of both worlds.  It allows you to embed videos from dozens of other video sites.  In addition to embeds (a much simpler process than it sounds) you can upload your own videos to the site.  It's been a very succesful wing of RRS for over a year now. 

Share a video you have on a video site or any video you find that you think is relevant: http://video.rationalresponders.com/tools/bookmarklet

http://video.rationalresponders.com/publish/ (also the upload link)

Thunderf00t
Rational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Users>Youtube 

Users>Youtube

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Vastet

Sapient wrote:

Vastet wrote:

RationalTube is a standalone site that is part of the RRS network, a little of both worlds.  It allows you to embed videos from dozens of other video sites.  In addition to embeds (a much simpler process than it sounds) you can upload your own videos to the site.  It's been a very succesful wing of RRS for over a year now. 

Share a video you have on a video site or any video you find that you think is relevant: http://video.rationalresponders.com/tools/bookmarklet

http://video.rationalresponders.com/publish/ (also the upload link)

Sweet.

*Begins spreading the word*

Susac
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
So what gives?

I just got off of youtube, and it seems like all the videos with the "atheist" flag have been taken down - either that or i'm getting blocked somehow.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susac wrote:I just got off

Susac wrote:

I just got off of youtube, and it seems like all the videos with the "atheist" flag have been taken down - either that or i'm getting blocked somehow.

Atheist flag?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, I just did a search

Well, I just did a search for "atheist" and all the ones that I remember are still there.  Pat Condell, Edward Current, Zack Attack, Amazing Atheist, thunderf00t.  All show up normally for me.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susac wrote:I just got off

Susac wrote:

What country you in? That might have something to do with it

They might be going the Yahoo route

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.