Fox Commentator Gets Pwnd

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fox Commentator Gets Pwnd

Of course, she manages to sneak in the final word and cut him off before he corrects her blatant lies... again... but once again, FAUX News has learned that it's a bad idea to let intelligent people come on their programs.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I think both of them should

I think both of them should jump off a bridge.

I don't think the pledge should be said irregardless of whether or not is says "God" because Americans are far too patriotic  and to the rest of the world you guys seem stuck up enough.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:I don't think the

Quote:
I don't think the pledge should be said irregardless of whether or not is says "God" because Americans are far too patriotic  and to the rest of the world you guys seem stuck up enough.

Mark it on the calendar.  I completely agree with Pineapple.

(Except that I hate "irregardless" and wish it would go away.)

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Quote:I

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

Mark it on the calendar.  I completely agree with Pineapple.

(Except that I hate "irregardless" and wish it would go away.)

Heh. Ever since watching Clerks or Clerks 2(I can't remember which one it was), I have used that term simply to annoy people. Unfortunately most people don't recognize it isn't a word, so I don't annoy that many. Ah well.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol No one can seriously

lol No one can seriously think it's necessary to say the pledge of allegiance every single day? Are the kids going to turn into British people if they don't say it? Are they not going to be proud of being American if they didn't say it ? I can't think of a good reason to say it at all. I don't even know if we have some sort of pledge here in South Africa and I’m proud to live here. Besides their children I doubt they even know the reason for saying it or what it means. I would guess they are just saying it because they are told to...... much like religion.

P.s. I'm assuming they say it everyday I wouldn't know. 

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Standard practice, to my

Standard practice, to my knowledge and recollection, is to start the day with the anthem and any pledges. Obviously we didn't have the pledge of allegience here in Canada, but if my memory serves there was the "god saves the queen" poem/song/whatever it was to take it's place here. 

I barely remember those days...

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wait a moment. A school day

Wait a moment. A school day in the US still begins with a pledge/anthem?

It's like a whole country is in some sort of time warp where they are 80 years behind everyone else.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Sorry, "Irregardless" is

Sorry, "Irregardless" is as Canadian as poutine

deludedgod wrote:

Wait a moment. A school day in the US still begins with a pledge/anthem?

Canadian schools also start with the anthem.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Very well then. A whole

Very well then. A whole continent which is in some sort of time warp.

I find the whole notion totally alien since I went to an international school. Any pledge of allegience to any flag or nation is totally irrational and (as a mandatory occurance in school) should be scrapped as an anachronistic practice, along with beginning the day with the anthem.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Not sure about Mexico though

Not sure about Mexico though Sticking out tongue

It's usually just the music though

I wonder if that's because atheists got their panties in a bunch over "God keep our land glorious and free"

Or probably it's because it's annoying to have to sing it in both English and French, because when it was sung, it was in English then French.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually, Canadian schools

Actually, Canadian schools may be on the verge of a transition. There is a school, I think it was in the maritimes, but you'd have to look through the news to find out exactly where, that recently stopped using the anthem. There has been a fair bit of controversy over it, but I haven't paid all that much attention to it.

As for the "god keep our land" phrase of the anthem, I always modify it to "we keep our land". A simple and minor adjustment that changes the anthem to actually mean something on that particular line.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
Sorry, "Irregardless" is as Canadian as poutine.

I would just like to point out that I live in Connecticut and I had chili cheese fries for lunch. American poutine has MEAT and hot peppers FTW.

That much being said, I am normally not a huge fan of Michael “please slap my peepee one more time” Newdow. However, he got one good salvo off here with the bit about slavery. There really is nothing to debate about slavery. Leviticus 25:44-46 clearly states that I have the right to hold Canadians and Mexicans as slaves. I can also hold slaves from any group of “temporary workers” which clearly refers to illegals from places like El Salvador and Nicaragua and the children of the same.

So if America is really a Christian nation then those who seek to come here illegally really ought to think twice about having “anchor babies”.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
We did the plegdge of

We recited the pledge of allegiance every morning, but no anthem. Heck, most students don't even know the name of the national anthem.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

I would just like to point out that I live in Connecticut and I had chili cheese fries for lunch. American poutine has MEAT and hot peppers FTW.

This comment suggests you have no idea just how many variations of the term "poutine" we actually have. Sticking out tongue

mandescience
User is offlineOffline
what

i think the pledge needs to be abolished entirely. government should not mandate children in schools to pledge their allegiance to them or their idea of the right deity. it either needs to be revised and chopped out of under god, or the kids just need to get educated rather than spending time pledging yet not knowing the significance and history behind it.

“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.”

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Sorry,

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

That's why my friends and I have taken to saying "disirregardless" to make sure we find ourselves back at the original meaning of the word we were trying to say in the first place: "regardless". Go ahead, try it, it's fun!

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

While I always admire and bow to a proper comedic dispensation of "ftw", I have to interject:

Jesus Christ, you people want heart disease. It's like the one national sport Americans can agree on. We let the poutine go as a French thing, because French genetics must somehow allow for a fatty diet, but fries, cheese and greasy chili? That's nasty.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness

HisWillness wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

That's why my friends and I have taken to saying "disirregardless" to make sure we find ourselves back at the original meaning of the word we were trying to say in the first place: "regardless". Go ahead, try it, it's fun!

Oo. I'll have to remember that.

HisWillness wrote:
We let the poutine go as a French thing, because French genetics must somehow allow for a fatty diet, but fries, cheese and greasy chili? That's nasty.

Some things are worth a heart attack. Eye-wink

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Fox News have truly

Fox News have truly mastered the drive-by interview.