We must save these kids!

Vermilion
Vermilion's picture
User is offlineOffline
We must save these kids!

http://www.tccsa.tc/fair/fair_ideas.html

This is a link to the 'Ideas' page for a Creation Science Fair for home schooled kids right near where I work, at a mall in the twin cities (MN). Check out the types of project/topic ideas they are giving these kids... see #'s 58, 65, 72, 80, 74, 92, 95, 97, 102, and 112.

"58. Why did God create the moon to control the tides?"

Also, in another section lists the guidelines for projects, here's #4:

"4. Each exhibit should include a Scripture reference. Some ideas are not specifically mentioned in the Bible, but there are verses that develop principles that can be related to your project. The intent is to relate all areas of science to the Creator of the universe. "

We have to save these kids! Maybe I can report this to child services?

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
Yes, do everything you can.

Yes, do everything you can. Although I don't thikn you're going to get too far I encourage you to do all that you can. If you can get a pettition going I'd be happy to sign.

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Separation

I don't think any government body can do anything to stop this activity from occurring.  Brain washing is not against the law yet, I guess.  I stand firm on my belief that nobody under 21 should be allowed into a religion.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
I quite like this one. 8.

I quite like this one.

8. How much voltage or current can a human take before he is killed? Could do experiments on a plant.

Scary they felt the need to add "Could do experiments on a plant." I hope that was for guidance not as a warning.  Not sure how accurate that would be? Or if it would even work. Also is that really something you should be asking a child to find out?

How desperate must they have been to use this?

The fear of God is the beginning of knowledge. Proverbs 1:7

I guess there is no "The love of god is the beginning of knowledge" 

I'm sure they went through the entire Bible to find something that talks about the beginning of knowledge with a reference to god. Once again Fear is the motivation for Christians. Sometimes I wonder if there whole Religion Is based on fear.  I almost begin to wonder where the love they talk about so often comes into it.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

azmhyr
azmhyr's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vermilion

Vermilion wrote:

http://www.tccsa.tc/fair/fair_ideas.html

This is a link to the 'Ideas' page for a Creation Science Fair for home schooled kids right near where I work, at a mall in the twin cities (MN). Check out the types of project/topic ideas they are giving these kids... see #'s 58, 65, 72, 80, 74, 92, 95, 97, 102, and 112.

Also, in another section lists the guidelines for projects, here's #4:

"4. Each exhibit should include a Scripture reference. Some ideas are not specifically mentioned in the Bible, but there are verses that develop principles that can be related to your project. The intent is to relate all areas of science to the Creator of the universe. "

We have to save these kids! Maybe I can report this to child services?

Well, you can't do anything else but to teach those children the opposite(science) in schools. The children will decide when they are old enough to understand.

Merhaba canlarım.
Nereden?

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes, because Christianity

Yes, because Creationism and Science are obviously equal opposites.

Edit: I thought Creationism was science.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

fgneibarger
fgneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh no...

Vermilion wrote:

Call the police. This is furthering mental retardation in America. Seriously, though, this is wrong. We gotta do something.

I don't have the time to cater to your religious beliefs. Its much less time consuming to simply mock them, and, on occasion, give a reasonable explanation as to why I do so. But that's if I'm in a good mood.

PrincessJayJay
PrincessJayJay's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hell yeah u gotta do

Hell yeah u gotta do something!!

I personally suggest dressing up in a devil costume and offering the kids candy in exchange for their souls, lol. i mean cmon, candy would win hands down, no contest!!!

<3 JAY JAY <3

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Call the police? While I

Call the police? While I agree something needs to be done what crime have they committed?

Parents do stupid things even outside religion that dumb down their kids. Like letting the video games or music videos baby sit their kids.

A direct mail to them in a polite manor that is not repeated or harrasing would help. A public protest on a public sidewalk outside this "institution" would be legal. But implying arrest really does play into the fears Christians already have about us.

This is a war and young children need to be saved from their intelectual garbage. But there is a way to do it and a way not to. Threatening arrest is not the way to do it. Public awareness through our own voices will marginalize these nuts enough to make them look stupid without arresting them. Threatening arrest only makes us falsely out to be the fascists they want us to be so they can tear us down.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
You fail to realize that

You fail to realize that Christians outnumber us. And some of them wish that we, as atheists could be arrested for telling our( not meaning me) but, parents of atheist kids that god is pretend. No matter how true that may be, it wouldn't matter to the majority. I warn you against giving government that kind of power. It will bite you on the ass.

What you CAN do when in public and you overhear someone say something stupid to a kid, is correct the parent in front of the child. If the parent punches you you CAN have them arrested for assault.

I wonder how many Christians want the Camp Quest parents arrested?

There are better ways to "skin a cat" than via use of government force.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog