The Jesus Bus Campaign

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
The Jesus Bus Campaign

I would like to inform you all the the Jesus bus campaign is underway and more information can be found at http://www.awonderfullife.org.uk.

do you really beleive there is no God or do you prefer to discuss something that is inconclusive to the natural man?

I have looked at the atheist bus campaign and the Jesus bus campaign and to be honest the Christians are right. We need to Love one another.

Have a nice day

Balkoth
User is offlineOffline
Anonymous wrote:I have

Anonymous wrote:
I have looked at the atheist bus campaign and the Jesus bus campaign and to be honest the Christians are right. We need to Love one another.

Do you realize how little sense that makes?  You don't need a supernatural being to "Love one another" for starters.

See what you think of this, it's Carl Sagan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M

Enjoy.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I have looked at the

Quote:

I love how Christians constantly equivocate human sacrifice with love. It's cute.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

mr804
Special AgentSuperfan
mr804's picture
User is offlineOffline
 They made a bus sign! they

They made a bus sign! they are right!! whoohoo! the war is over!!

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow. "God" must be terribly

Wow. "God" must be terribly insecure if he has to answer even the slightest suggestion of his nonexistence.

Sad, really. And I'll bet he won't consider therapy.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

anniet
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
Anonymous wrote: . .

Anonymous wrote:

. . . Christians are right. We need to Love one another.

Have a nice day

I have no problem with people acting this way.  It would be a very nice change from the hatred and intolerance currently advocated by the christian right and supported by the more moderate christians.  When do you expect christians to begin advocating love for one another based on humanity rather than group inclusion?  Will it be soon?

"I am that I am." - Proof that the writers of the bible were beyond stoned.

SmallChristian
SmallChristian's picture
User is offlineOffline
 And so begins the bus-ad

And so begins the bus-ad wars.  I knew this were coming. So they decided to post a positive spin on the bus for Jesus.  "Love one another!" - I think this will warm a lot of hearts; even though it's nonsense.  Emotion is a powerful thing.  Kudos to the atheist bus campaign for sparking such awareness.  People will look into the bus-war thing and it will give rise and more attention to atheism.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymous wrote:I would like

Anonymous wrote:

I would like to inform you all the the Jesus bus campaign is underway and more information can be found at http://www.awonderfullife.org.uk.

do you really beleive there is no God or do you prefer to discuss something that is inconclusive to the natural man?

Have a nice day

That is a nice sentiment but delusionally utopian. It is true that we should learn to get along without violence. But "love" is not the word I would use. I do not love everyone nor should we expect that from any human.

What we should have, as a species is empathy. Not in the pretty utopian "Only say nice things" fairy tale happy ending sense. But "empathy" in that of common law.

To demand that neither side bitch about the other, would be like two children demanding that each other not say bad things about the other, even if they are true. In the interest of ending violence, we should not demand taboos.

"empathy" means that we all recognize that we all are individuals, and we all want love, food, shelter, companionship, AND the ability to bitch when something pisses us off. As soon as we deny others the right to bitch about us, we shoot ourselves in the foot.

Common law is the way to get along, not policital correctness. It is not a stretch to say, "I may vehemetly dissagree with what you have to say, but will defend to the death your right to say it" Voltiare

"A democracy is only as strong as it's ability to protect dissent" Lord Acton.

What prevents Christians or Muslims or Jews or atheists, in America from fascism, is not absolute power where one group gets to tell others what they can or cannot say. Why we can live next to each other without killing each other, is not that we agree on all things, but that we agree, no matter what we say about each other, we do not have the right to harm each other. That leaves us free to live without fear of each other via force of government favortism.

While it is nice when people say nice things about you, you cant force that on humanity, we cant and they cant and that type of thinking leads to theocracies and fascism.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Personally, I find it

Personally, I find it amusing that the people who made the new bus signs have their panties so badly twisted in knots that they are willing to depart from the usual line of reasoning and commit obvious trademark crime.

Shouldn't a proper Christian bus sign say something more along the lines of “There definitely really is a god for sure and if you don't believe in him, he will kick you in the ass ten minutes after you are dead”?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

DanMullin
DanMullin's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is listed on the

This is listed on the website as another slogan of theirs:

There’s probably a God. Now stop worrying and love each other.

If there is a God, there is much to worry about.  Eternal torture for one.  I agree with their messege of love, but not about the conclusion that we can stop worrying if God does exist.

DanMullin
DanMullin's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is also from their site

This is also from their site (any spelling and grammar errors are theirs):

If you look into why the atheist bus ad campaign started, it was because comedy writer Ariane Sherine felt “Unsettled that religious groups were allowed to advertise web sites which warned that the non-religious would face torture at the end of their lives” referring to the scriptures which talk about facing eternal damnation.

How can one feel ‘unsettled’ by something that ‘probably’ doesn’t exist?

Well, we believe that the ‘unsettled’ feeling is more like conviction and that the atheists campaign is merely a ploy to try and cover up their true emotions by playing the numbers game. By getting a large number of people to back up an argument, one can convince themselves that what they are doing is right. But if they were to really do some soul searching, they just might be surprised as to what they might find.

We believe this campaign will make even the non believers question themselves.

What if there is a God? what if there's a small chance that by not believing in God you might end up in hell like the scriptures say?  Is it worth the risk?

Surely it is better to live with the love of God and His principles than anything else, even if you just apply logic?

The reason for this campaign is not a ‘tit for tat’ with the atheists. We truly believe that this will have an impact in many peoples lives. The person that started this organisation does not believe in atheists. They firmly believe that every person that has been created has an element of belief, however many are just in denial or living in fear from the truth. Fancy words and logic may give good arguments from those ‘established’ atheists, however talk is cheap.

Read what Ben Stein actor and writer has written about today's celebration of Christmas.

What does everyone think of this little gem?:

"the atheists campaign is merely a ploy to try and cover up their true emotions by playing the numbers game"

Badbark
User is offlineOffline
DanMullin wrote:This is also

DanMullin wrote:

This is also from their site (any spelling and grammar errors are theirs):

If you look into why the atheist bus ad campaign started, it was because comedy writer Ariane Sherine felt “Unsettled that religious groups were allowed to advertise web sites which warned that the non-religious would face torture at the end of their lives” referring to the scriptures which talk about facing eternal damnation.

How can one feel ‘unsettled’ by something that ‘probably’ doesn’t exist?

Well, we believe that the ‘unsettled’ feeling is more like conviction and that the atheists campaign is merely a ploy to try and cover up their true emotions by playing the numbers game. By getting a large number of people to back up an argument, one can convince themselves that what they are doing is right. But if they were to really do some soul searching, they just might be surprised as to what they might find.

We believe this campaign will make even the non believers question themselves.

What if there is a God? what if there's a small chance that by not believing in God you might end up in hell like the scriptures say?  Is it worth the risk?

Surely it is better to live with the love of God and His principles than anything else, even if you just apply logic?

Why Pascal's wager sucks - http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/sapient/atheist_vs_theist/3687

DanMullin wrote:

The reason for this campaign is not a ‘tit for tat’ with the atheists.

This is clearly a lie

DanMullin wrote:

We truly believe that this will have an impact in many peoples lives. The person that started this organisation does not believe in atheists. They firmly believe that every person that has been created has an element of belief, however many are just in denial or living in fear from the truth.

Then the person who created the campaign is delusional or a liar. (I'm noticing a trend here)

DanMullin wrote:

Fancy words and logic may give good arguments from those ‘established’ atheists, however talk is cheap.

This is hilarious. This sentence can be translated 'Intelligent rational arguments (that we don't understand) from confident atheists won't do any good with us! Naa na na naa!

DanMullin wrote:

What does everyone think of this little gem?:

"the atheists campaign is merely a ploy to try and cover up their true emotions by playing the numbers game"

Hehehehe.... No comment necessary

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Fancy words and logic

Quote:

Fancy words and logic may give good arguments from those ‘established’ atheists, however talk is cheap.

That's fucking hilarious. I've got to remember that one.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Now stop wondering and

Quote:
Now stop wondering and love each other
  I've seen enough xian love to know I'd rather just enjoy life.

"I've yet to witness circumstance successfully manipulated through the babbling of ritualistic nonsense to an imaginary deity." -- me (josh)

If god can do anything, can he make a hot dog so big even he can't eat all of it?

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Fancy words and logic

Quote:

Wow... wha... huh...?  I think they just called themselves stupid....

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

SmallChristian
SmallChristian's picture
User is offlineOffline
 The xians can raise a hell

The xians can raise a hell of a lot more money than anyone else.  Progressive (emergent church for example)xians however donate their money to a lot of secular organizations.  Maybe some of the secular organizations might throw some momey into an atheist campaign?  

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
hazindu wrote:Quote:Now stop

hazindu wrote:

Quote:
Now stop wondering and love each other
  I've seen enough xian love to know I'd rather just enjoy life.

The funny part is that the theist will play both the anarchy lawless card against atheists and also point out the fascist card against atheists when the two are completely different.

Fascism is strict law, be it by the state or a religion. Anarchy is no law at all. Secular common law is neither. Secular common law is through a governmental system that is neutral to all with checks and balances based on advise and concent.

Most atheists I know are secular, and neither want totall lawlessness nor strict fascism where they(we) always rule.

We should enjoy life. But we should not become what we say we hate. We are not dictators or fascists nor do we think "anything goes".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Athwyren
User is offlineOffline
It's true. I really was

It's true. I really was created with an element of belief. I spend the belief on Geese.

I believe in Geese!

I agree that we should stop worrying and just love each other, or at least show a bit of respect to each other, it does bother me though, that some people think that showing respect means saying "Yes, that belief is totally valid," despite any lack of reasoning behind it. It also bothers me that those who seem most vocal in the search for respect are those who say such things as 'I don't believe in atheists,' and call it respectful.
Maybe I'm a bit sensitive about ownership of my own thoughts and beliefs, but it annoys me to be told that I do believe and I'm just rebelling, because... why? Why rebel? If I believe in god then surely rebelling is consciously choosing hell? That's a fair few orders of magnitude dumber than rebelling against your parents as a kid, knowing they'll probably ground you. I take responsibility for my actions, so you can't claim I'm trying to avoid accepting responsibility. I will point out where theistic beliefs conflict with reality, I will show alternative ideas and ask questions which are meant to make people question their beliefs, but I would never tell people what they are and are not thinking or what they do or do not believe.
That is not love, it is not respectful, it's dismissive and is comparable to the guy in the street who puts on that stupid grin and says "Cheer up, it might never happen!" as you walk away from your mother's funeral, we are not rebelling from some crazy urge to avoid responsibility or willingly embracing eternal damnation, we just refuse to lie to ourselves and to those around us - we do not believe, and short of experiencing a true miracle, we never will.

I do believe in christians, I do believe that they believe there is a god, and I believe they are wrong, but I would never tell them that they don't believe in god and are just rebelling against the bleak and cold reality that this is the only life we live, because all that would do is get their backs up.

Anyway... yes, love is good, yay love.

Athywren, unable to spell his own screen name since 1986.