Michelle Obama: It all makes sense now

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Michelle Obama: It all makes sense now

Theory:

Michelle Obama is an atheist (perhaps a deist). I don't know why I didn't see this before.

Look at the footage again from the prayers being held today. Her eyes are wide open, and she is not looking solemnly down at the floor. This explains why Obama broaches the subject of atheism positively here or there, and makes a better fit of it than him being a closet atheist (given how God-friendly he himself tends to be, so to speak).

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
If you add your theory

If you add your theory together with my theory, there are at least two atheists living in the White House.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh? What's your theory,

Oh? What's your theory, Brian?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
theory: He believes in God

theory: He believes in God as much as he thinks Bush actually deserves respect.  

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think Obama will be

I don't think Obama will be any friend to the religious right, that's for sure.

Atheism is still political suicide, so it doesn't surprise me that Obama drops the G-bomb liberally.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
ditto

I noticed Michelle's disinterest in religion as well. She is at least as pragmatic as her husband. I've wrote this part  before.  Barak chose to become a christian, it was not an epiphany  (his words) on the same day --20 + years ago -- he chose to run for elective office (my words).

It's unlikely an atheist could get elected a city alderman, anyone seeking higher office in the USA knows that, and they act and hide in a closet accordingly.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:theory: He

Sapient wrote:

I don't have an applause track handy, but if I did, I'd be playing it right now.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I'm going to go out on a

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Obama is Christian. There is no evidence he is atheist.

I'm also going out on another limb to say that people thinking Obama is atheist will only last as long as he has a positive effect on the country.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I'm

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Obama is Christian. There is no evidence he is atheist.

True enough. We're just gossiping, though. It's not a formal statement.

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
I'm also going out on another limb to say that people thinking Obama is atheist will only last as long as he has a positive effect on the country.

Aw. No reason to be mean. We aren't all fickle.

fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Look at

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Look at the footage again from the prayers being held today. Her eyes are wide open, and she is not looking solemnly down at the floor. This explains why Obama broaches the subject of atheism positively here or there, and makes a better fit of it than him being a closet atheist (given how God-friendly he himself tends to be, so to speak). 

I noticed that myself but I didn't think to much on it. Good catch. I hope you're right.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

So far the only evidence is his word saying he is Christian. He also used a quote from 1 Coriithians in his speech. 

He is taking a quite different approach even if he is Christian, tolerance and understanding. He gets that he is the President of all Americans including atheists that supported him or as he says non-believers.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic wrote:So

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

So far the only evidence is his word saying he is Christian.

What other evidence could there be?

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

So far the only evidence is his word saying he is Christian.

What other evidence could there be?

Exactly. I agree with you.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
The TV at my place of work...

...was, unfortunately, tuned to the FOX Propaganda Network.  Billo The Clown was on, and he was musing about how "secular progressives" were allegedly supposed to be singing the blues after hearing the new President reference God 5 times, and even (gasp!) quote Scripture.  (Which, of course, no previous President has ever done.)  Apparently, the thought never crossed his mind that we might actually have anticipated this, and not be surprised by it at all.

It's so good to see Billo being proven wrong...yet *again*...even on so small a matter.

Conor

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Conor Wilson wrote:It's so

Conor Wilson wrote:

It's so good to see Billo being proven wrong...yet *again*...even on so small a matter.

He's such an asshat. Does anybody know of an instance in which he has been right?

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

MySpace

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin, while Michelle seems

Kevin, while Michelle seems like a smart and pragmatic person, remember that both of Barack's parents were atheists, so I'd say it's more reasonable to suspect that he's favorable towards atheism for that reason.

I've always thought that Barack actually become a Christian precisely because of Michelle. Wasn't it her church he joined?

That said, I think both of them are smart and pragmatic people, and are more concerned with other people than with God. Deists, or sorta Unitarian-like vague Christians is what I think they are.

Remember that upbringing has alot to do with religious ideas later in life, and Barack's parents, and his grandparents were all agnostics, or atheists. Is that true of Michelle too?

Does anyone know what Michelle's family's religious background is?

Well I was born an original sinner
I was spawned from original sin
And if I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money piled up to my chin

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I'm more of the opinion

I'm more of the opinion that the Obama's are Christians in the same sense that most people in Scandinavia are.  Get baptized, get married in the church, have a cross on your flag, declare yourself to be a Christian for the purpose of census-taking... but that's about it.  Both of them are very well educated and very bright, so it seems unlikely that they could have gone to Jeremiah Wright's wacky daishiki church for as long as they did without most of their tongues stuck firmly in cheek.  In my experience, the average working class African American is about as comfortable with persons indifferent (much less, hostile) to religion as he is with homosexuals, so any attempt to be a community leader in Chicago's black community and not to be a member of a black church would have been like trying to start a fire with a pile of wet newspaper.  There's a line in the new testament menacingly referring to persons who act religiously so that they might be "seen among men" or some such; that sounds about right in this case.

I'll add to the case of his parents by saying that while it's likely that his mother was an atheist, his father being one doesn't matter, because he was never around the kid.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

thatonedude
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Obama wrote:And I speak with

Obama wrote:
And I speak with some experience on this matter. I was not raised in a particularly religious household, as undoubtedly many in the audience were. My father, who returned to Kenya when I was just two, was born Muslim but as an adult became an atheist. My mother, whose parents were non-practicing Baptists and Methodists, was probably one of the most spiritual and kindest people I've ever known, but grew up with a healthy skepticism of organized religion herself. As a consequence, so did I.

Source: http://www.barackobama.com/2006/06/28/call_to_renewal_keynote_address.php

So, it looks like he grew up atheist, and chose to join a church later as a sign of solidarity.

Obama wrote:

I was working with churches, and the Christians who I worked with recognized themselves in me. They saw that I knew their Book and that I shared their values and sang their songs. But they sensed that a part of me that remained removed, detached, that I was an observer in their midst.
And in time, I came to realize that something was missing as well -- that without a vessel for my beliefs, without a commitment to a particular community of faith, at some level I would always remain apart, and alone.
And if it weren't for the particular attributes of the historically black church, I may have accepted this fate. But as the months passed in Chicago, I found myself drawn - not just to work with the church, but to be in the church.

So, while he goes on to talk about sin and redemption, he at least seems to understand atheism. I suppose we just have to wait and see.

All that is necessary for the triumph of good is that evil men do nothing.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think nearly every theist

I think nearly every theist is a closet atheist. Even Rick Warren, he basically only "believes" because it  is a better bet(and he gets more fame and money). From his debate with Sam Harris:

Rick Warren wrote:

We're both betting. He's betting his life that he's right. I'm betting my life that Jesus was not a liar. When we die, if he's right, I've lost nothing. If I'm right, he's lost everything. I'm not willing to make that gamble.

So he looked at Pascal's wager and thinks he can fool the almighty about believing even though he can't fool us mere mortals.

Michelle Obama is either a bad actor or she has a hard time lying to herself.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Theory:

Michelle Obama is an atheist (perhaps a deist). I don't know why I didn't see this before.

From the footage I saw the eldest daughter wasn't that interested in closing her eyes and bowing her head during prayer either.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
geirj wrote:I don't think

geirj wrote:

I don't think Obama will be any friend to the religious right, that's for sure.

Atheism is still political suicide, so it doesn't surprise me that Obama drops the G-bomb liberally.

That certainly is true, but there are cracks in that theocratic thinking in that Keith Elleson swore in on a Koran once owned by Thomas Jefferson. Pete Stark, is an atheist who took the oath and is in our congress.

The point is it doesn't have to stay that way. The Consitition is on our side if we raise our voices in the same way prior minorities struggled to become part of the political mainstreem. Christians wont do that for us, we have to do it ourselves.

It may shock some here that there have been open atheists, even on our Supreme Court. But most people dont know that because there is a collective ignorance of the Constitution.

If you look at the times of when the Constitution was written, and even that the founders used those superflous words that are not manditory, they were doing what they had to to remain politically viable. I have no doubt that even though they did it as strictly a display, I can see how forward thinking they were for the future in that Obama had the oportunity, as a President to make comments in his address about citizens being citizens no matter their label.

I am really big on this issue and do think long term, that if the secular community, including religious people who agree with us that Jefferson's wall needs to be built back up, that if we put forth the effort to get the word out about the oath and "no religious test" we can be politically viable as a label.

I have seen what using the First Amendment has done for our label in that in 01 atheists were merely a blurb in the background, to having several best selling authors, tons of websites and even a documentary about religion on the big screen.

I am saying by merely using the same tools theists have used we can win this ideological war, and not only open up the doors of government to atheists, but all citizens no matter their label.

It doesn't have to remain political suicide to claim something else other than Christian. Keith Elleson did it, Pete Stark did it, and with every voice, every post, every letter to the editor, pointing out the truth of the words in the Consitution, long term, we can and will win.

I am going on a bit, but seeing where this country once was as far as minorities, women, blacks, gays, we don't have to remain at the back of the bus if we chose not to.

"No Religious Test" is on our side as well as all citizens. This is not an atheist cause, this is Constitutional cause that opens doors for all who meet the Constitutional requirements to hold office.

Don't think short term on this. It may not happen in our lifetimes, but if all reading this keep pushing, your kids or your grandkids, could potentially see a president, on video, take the oath as an open atheist, or Jew, or Muslim ect ect ect. It will happen if we keep plugging away.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
I cross out "God" on my

I cross out "God" on my money and I also write with a sharpie, "No Religious Test" U.S. Constitution on it as well. If they wont' listen to me they cant ignore the Consitution.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I'm not saying this is evidence that he's an atheist, but it's certainly evidence that he is not your typical Christian: http://www.rationalresponders.com/Obama_mocks_buybull

ksskidude
Superfan
ksskidude's picture
User is offlineOffline

I agree with Obama being a closeted atheist.  And I imagine in the next four years were are going to see a president who finally starts opening up to the idea of being comepletely rational in every thing he does.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Cpt_pineapple

Sapient wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I'm not saying this is evidence that he's an atheist, but it's certainly evidence that he is not your typical Christian: http://www.rationalresponders.com/Obama_mocks_buybull

I just watched the video and all I can say is FUCK YEAH. Stick it to those buybull thumpers. I now have a new respect for Obama.

MySpace

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
ksskidude wrote:I agree with

ksskidude wrote:

I agree with Obama being a closeted atheist.  And I imagine in the next four years were are going to see a president who finally starts opening up to the idea of being comepletely rational in every thing he does.

Oh man - don't even get my hopes up like that. I'd probably cry. Or jizz in my pants. Not necessarily in that order.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:Oh man -

HisWillness wrote:

Oh man - don't even get my hopes up like that. I'd probably cry. Or jizz in my pants. Not necessarily in that order.

How great would it be if at the end of his 2nd term, after fixing the country, he called a press conference and said "I am an atheist!"

MySpace

Dracos
User is offlineOffline
Obama intelligent?

It is a sad commentary about our country that if Obama is an intelligent atheist that he has to lie about it.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Dracos wrote:It is a sad

Dracos wrote:

It is a sad commentary about our country that if Obama is an intelligent atheist that he has to lie about it.

In comes RRS to the rescuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dracos wrote:It is a sad

Dracos wrote:

If you want to be president you have to play ball. It's not right but that's the way it is. It won't always be this way though. If his election shows anything, it's that things do change. Never underestimate the effect a single person can have, good or bad.

MySpace

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
By all accounts Abraham

By all accounts Abraham Lincoln was an atheist as evidenced by some of his personal writings and those of friends and family who knew him intimately.  He resisted mentioning god in several speeches and only used the reference at the behest of his wife and others who knew he would not be received well without it.

Most of the Founding Fathers were deists and not christians.  Many were openly hostile to the christian religion but professed a faith in one god, though not the christian version.  Hence, the secular government that was set up in spite of pressure from a few to install christianity as the official fantasy of this country.  Jefferson was frequently accused of being an atheist more than once.

Obama very likely could be an out and out atheist but is smart enough to know probably most christians are superstitous enough to let their beliefs cloud their judgement.  After all, christianity is anything but rational.  In this day and age of christian fantasy it is almost certain he would not have been elected to office especially with right wing christianity churning out historical and scientific lies as fast as Hostess churns out Twinkies.

While I am continually appalled at the mention of god/religion in political discourse I am hopeful that Obama, even if he does believe the tripe of christianity, will not let such superstition cloud his rational judgement of what needs to be done in bringing this country back to it's secular foundation and making it great once again.

There mere fact he mentions god does not mean he believes in such fantasies, nor does his background mean he is an athiest.  I am hopeful, however.  If he is an atheist and gets re-elected without it coming out as such, I do hope he doesn't wait until the end of his second term to let the world know about his non-belief.  I would like to hear such an announcement within days of his re-election.  That way christians would have four years of anxiety over having an infidel as their leader.  We could hear them make all their predictions of doom only to be let down in the end.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
It was only a week or two back...

...that people where I work were trying to get me to swallow that Obama-is-a-Muslim crapola.  I was dumbfounded.  I couldn't believe that people were still trying to get others to swallow that nonsense.  And when I told them what crap it was, they laughed at me.  Yes, you read that right.  Apparently, a refusal to believe whatever nonsense is put out by the right is considered grounds for derisive laughter.  I just wish that I had had a decent comeback.

Conor

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Conor Wilson wrote:...that

Conor Wilson wrote:

...that people where I work were trying to get me to swallow that Obama-is-a-Muslim crapola.  I was dumbfounded.  I couldn't believe that people were still trying to get others to swallow that nonsense.  And when I told them what crap it was, they laughed at me.  Yes, you read that right.  Apparently, a refusal to believe whatever nonsense is put out by the right is considered grounds for derisive laughter.  I just wish that I had had a decent comeback.

Conor

You could say "Yeah that's right, he is a muslim.  He and I are in Al Queda together as well.  It was our intention to blow up any building full of employees who were on to the fact that he is a muslim.  Oh wait, I wasn't supposed to say that.  Um, nevermind, I mean, he and I are jews.  We're jews."

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Thanks, Brian! Conor

Thanks, Brian!

Conor

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Conor Wilson wrote:...that

Conor Wilson wrote:

Conor

I usually tell people "If Obama is a Muslim then I'm the Pope. I haven't boffed any toddlers so I'm way out of the running to be Pope"

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Conor,You could also go

Conor,

You could also go with...

them: "Obama is a muslim"

you: No, he's an atheist.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Conor,You

Sapient wrote:

Conor,

You could also go with...

them: "Obama is a muslim"

you: No, he's an atheist.

I LOL'd.  We're the only thing they hate and fear more than muslims...

MySpace

AdvancedAtheist
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Theory:

But, but she has two kids! Atheists are too selfish to have children!

Believer14 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
wow, im not one to

wow, im not one to condemn,in fact i dont think im suppose to, but i hope hell's nice. I bet you all think you are intellectuals and have the answer for everything. some of you probably are intellectuals and are just too smart for your own good. I see hypocrisy in religion, but it was put in by men with their own interests in mind. Leaders throughout time have used religion to fool the masses into wars, but none have truly been started because of religion. You people point out the dates of the religious, mainly christian, holidays and how they match all sorts of religous holidays througout history and that is because they are pagan. nowhere in the bible does it say Jesus was born on Dec. 25 or crucified in April. Details in the bible lead experts to believe he was born in spring. The big bang is in the bible if you wonder about creation, and when you take many verses in the bible so  literally, you can't see this written plain as day. I'm sorry if an experience you people have had has turned you off to God, but you really shouldn't be so bold in your statements. Ya'll do not even worry about the just in case factor. I'm no angel or even a "church-going" christian as i don't like the hypocrisy and peoples self-righteous arrogance. Just don't let your brain and you're ego lead you to true ignorance. i will not be back on this site so if you would lke to reply to me my e-mail is [email protected].

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Believer14 wrote:I'm sorry

I sent this response.

Believer14 wrote:

I'm sorry if an experience you people have had has turned you off to God, but you really shouldn't be so bold in your statements.

Why does it always come down to this? I'm a born the right way the first time atheist, as I'm sure many here are. Religion itself is enough of a turn off for me. The idea that I should believe all these ridiculous stories with no evidence is what turns me off. You don't believe in Santa, why should I believe in God?

MySpace

anniet
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
Here's what I'm e-mailing

Here's what I'm e-mailing back:

Believer14 wrote:

I bet you all think you are intellectuals and have the answer for everything. some of you probably are intellectuals and are just too smart for your own good.

Actually you'll find that most people on this site are willing to admit the areas of life where they do have ignorance.  It is the theist who claims to have an answer to everything.

Believer14 wrote:
You people point out the dates of the religious, mainly christian, holidays and how they match all sorts of religous holidays througout history and that is because they are pagan. nowhere in the bible does it say Jesus was born on Dec. 25 or crucified in April. Details in the bible lead experts to believe he was born in spring.

So you have a problem with people pointing out the truth?  I'm sorry but your point is not clear here.

Believer14 wrote:
The big bang is in the bible if you wonder about creation, and when you take many verses in the bible so  literally, you can't see this written plain as day.

If this book is supposed to be the word of a god I would expect that what it says would be quite clear.  Why do we have to figure out how to interpret the words instead of taking them at face value if they are perfect?

Believer14 wrote:
I'm sorry if an experience you people have had has turned you off to God, but you really shouldn't be so bold in your statements.

I will be as bold in my statements as the evidence I have found leads me to be.  If I know 2+2 = 4 then there is no reason to equivocate and state "Except for the occasional times someone wants 2+2=5."  That would be absurd.

Believer14 wrote:
Ya'll do not even worry about the just in case factor.

This is known as Pascal's Wager.  I suggest you read this:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/sapient/atheist_vs_theist/3687 

Believer14 wrote:
I'm no angel or even a "church-going" christian as i don't like the hypocrisy and peoples self-righteous arrogance.

Then I suggest you concentrate further on what your fellow christians have to say.  Hypocrite means saying one thing yet acting in a different manner.  While atheists can certainly be hypocrites I generally find this to be more common amongst christians.  Arrogance is assuming you have all answers, which, again, applies to christians saying god did all.  Those who are interested in critical thinking will admit when they don't know an answer.

Believer14 wrote:
Just don't let your brain and you're ego lead you to true ignorance. i will not be back on this site so if you would lke to reply to me my e-mail is [email protected].

Hit and run posting is not going to help you understand what this site is devoted to.  If you are truly so concerned, I suggest you come back and interact with the people on the boards.  If you are at all intimidated, please look for the Kill 'em with Kindness Section of the boards.  Otherwise, I've heard all this before and you are not saying anything new.

"I am that I am." - Proof that the writers of the bible were beyond stoned.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
anniet wrote:Hit and run

anniet wrote:

Hit and run posting is not going to help you understand what this site is devoted to.  If you are truly so concerned, I suggest you come back and interact with the people on the boards.  If you are at all intimidated, please look for the Kill 'em with Kindness Section of the boards.  Otherwise, I've heard all this before and you are not saying anything new.

I wonder if we'll hear back. My gut says "no." My brain says "I'm to indecisive."

MySpace

Nimitz68
Nimitz68's picture
User is offlineOffline
He also didn't use a

He also didn't use a Buy-bull during his second swearing in. The Chief Just-ass flubbed his lines during the first public ceremony, so they had a second private ceremony. So I'm guessing that it's not all that an important book to him.

/fans flames

Ever "hang-ten" on the bow of a nuclear powered aircraft carrier at 30+ knots?

Anime_Otaku
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:Sapient

HisWillness wrote:

Sapient wrote:

I don't have an applause track handy, but if I did, I'd be playing it right now.

Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TylvUGJIi_w

I really like Michelle Obama, I think that maybe too much is being read into this though, we're just so used to the last administration being a bunch of fundies.