Twin Cities Creationist "Science Fair"

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Twin Cities Creationist "Science Fair"

http://www.tccsa.tc/fair.html

Oh my... I really wish I could go to this.  Anybody in that area?  Somebody really should go there with some real science and video tape some conversations with these folks.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
We must accept that Henry

We must accept that Henry Ford did not create the first automobile, but wrather Fred Flinstone. And our first garbage disposales were pigs we stuck under the sink counter.

Why isn't Scientology creating their own creationism museum where little green men shot their green load onto earth leading to Jesus? I feel sorry for Muslims because today, they haven't addressed, or started to make up stories about how Ultra Man and Godzilla existed together in pre-historic times.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Hey, Hamby; for an extra

Hey, Hamby; for an extra laugh, check out their list of speakers and discussions.  One of the fuckers listed is actually named Chuck Morris.  The topics they cover would be well worth the trip like "Noah's Ark: Did the boat float?" and "Dinosaurs: Are dinosaurs mentioned (they said "mentions" on their itinerary) in the bible?"

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Personally, I find it

Personally, I find it interesting that they hold the thing inside a strip mall. Google maps street view tool will give you pictures of the outside. I guess that the real convention centers there don't want that type of business.

But yah, that whole site is a hoot. Check the pictures.

What one can learn about pre-flood conditions from a display of popcycle stick trebuchet, I have no fucking clue. And yes, that appears to be the correct spelling of Popsicle according to them. They have a display on how to make Dixie cup and orange juice popcycles. What that has to do with the bible, I am also in the dark about. Is it too much to ask that the displays at a “science fair” actually have the words correctly spelled?

Also, I would note that they took down the pictures from 2007 because:

Quote:
Randomly Selected Pictures Have Been Removed Because Some Sick Atheist Used Them To Demean Kids -- Even Those Who Disagree With Creation Ought To Be Disgusted With Those Tactics!

They left the page there. And the img src tags for the pictures.

Then, back in 2004, they had a display on the physics of bridges. I wonder if that tells us anything relevant about how bridges in Minneapolis are maintained. /rimshot

Also, 2002 shows a black guy who is their educator on American Indian topics. Um, this is Minnesota. You can find real Indians there. Except that I know a Sioux native from another forum and they don't believe in the bible either. They believe in the power of certain varieties of mushrooms.

Actually, if anyone does go there, let me warn you that Minneapolis is a really surreal place. I went there for a real convention a few years ago, so I know this firsthand. There is an hour long bus ride from the airport into town and the native will get quite chatty with you. We ended up trading small talk with a TSA employee who was getting off work right then.

As luck would have it, when we got to the end of the bus line, the Marriott was nowhere in sight, so we asked the guy for directions. Instead of just telling us where to go, he volunteered to walk us to the hotel and he even picked up the largest piece of luggage that our group had (and that was the size of a body bag due to the fact that my employer decided to invent a new security regulation about not having more than one piece of luggage, so we all had to go out and buy one huge bag that the real luggage could fit into).

A couple of days later, I was having dinner with two friends from another forum and I told them the story. They both looked at me like I had suddenly grown a second head. Apparently, it simply does not occur to people from Minnesota to not be nice to people.

Screw that, I am from New England. You can leave a cooler full of beer unattended in a public park and nobody will touch it. Not because stealing other people's beer would not be nice but rather because of what might happen if they got caught doing so.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Is it too much to ask that the displays at a "science fair" actually have the words correctly spelled?

I don't think they can even rightfully use the term science fair. As there is almost certainly going to be no science present.

On a side note: What's with all the front page script?

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Also, 2002 shows a

Quote:
Also, 2002 shows a black guy who is their educator on American Indian topics. Um, this is Minnesota. You can find real Indians there. Except that I know a Sioux native from another forum and they don't believe in the bible either. They believe in the power of certain varieties of mushrooms.

And if Super Mario Bros has taught us anything...

Eye-wink

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

pablotar
pablotar's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wonder what that display

I wonder what that display about fossils said.

Probably something like" look at all this 6000 year old stuff".

Eden had a 25% murder rate and incest was rampant.

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
A shopping mall...What

A shopping mall...

What better place to market such a load of crap than to wedge it between a Glamour Shots and Hot Dog on a Stick ? 

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
AmericanIdle wrote:A

AmericanIdle wrote:

A shopping mall...

What better place to market such a load of crap than to wedge it between a Glamour Shots and Hot Dog on a Stick ? 

Hey now... Let's not drag hot dogs on a stick down to that level...

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace