God Loves US AIRWAYS FLIGHT 1549 Best?

GodLovesMEBest
GodLovesMEBest's picture
User is offlineOffline
God Loves US AIRWAYS FLIGHT 1549 Best?

As one US Airways flight 1549 survivor put it, "God was certainly looking out for all of us." So I guess what this fortunate fellow means is, God, the old man with the beard who lives up in the clouds, decided that all the people on US Airways flight 1549 were so special, that he decided to frighten the crap out of all of them by faking a fatal plane crash, systematically making them think that they were going to die, then at the very last minute, God said, "HA-HA! Just kidding! I'm not going to kill you! I just wanted to scare the shit out of you, and then save your asses, since you're all so special, and I really want you to know that I care for you and love you, so I'm going to save you now, so that you believe in me. The passengers on Flight 800, and other catastrophic fatal crashes were generally not good people, and so I disposed of them... After all, I'm God, damn it, and I exterminate bad people. The Sudanese victims of genocide are generally bad people, which is why I don't let them live. 9-11 rescue workers, trapped and crushed on 9-11... Obviously bad people... Jewish victims of the Holocaust? Well certainly I had to kill them since they didn't believe in the divinity of my son Jesus. I mean, no brainer there." 

There you have it folks. If you survived a near fatal plane crash, it wasn't because a highly trained and experienced professional crew exemplified ingenuity, composure, and skill to save your ass, it's because God in fact loves you more than others.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
And now I know why

I fly a lot, so far never crashed, god loves me is the reason why.  I don't have a birth defect nor a serious illness, why because god loves  me.  I thought it was just luck of the draw.

But I can't quite get my head around why any god would bless such a devoted atheist as I and screw over and fuck up completely, true believers with cancers, HIV, accidents and Sarah Palin.

Would it not make more sense and be completly logical to invest me with cancer, or a plane crash for not kissing it's horrific ass.

In fact if god where to finnaly prove itself by appearing in front of me  I would call it a cronick fuck up and still refuse to whorship. 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

I fly a lot, so far never crashed, god loves me is the reason why.  I don't have a birth defect nor a serious illness, why because god loves  me.  I thought it was just luck of the draw.

But I can't quite get my head around why any god would bless such a devoted atheist as I and screw over and fuck up completely, true believers with cancers, HIV, accidents and Sarah Palin.

Would it not make more sense and be completly logical to invest me with cancer, or a plane crash for not kissing it's horrific ass.

In fact if god where to finnaly prove itself by appearing in front of me  I would call it a cronick fuck up and still refuse to whorship. 

It had nothing to do with something as mundane as nature. It had nothing to do with the plane hitting a flock of birds. It had nothing to do with the thousands of hours of flight training on the pilot's part. It had nothing to do with the safty training of the pilot and crew. It had nothing to do with the fact that the river was smooth, not wavy. It had nothing to do with the river not being iced over. It had nothing to do with the quick response of the boats on the river and rescue crew response.

It is all part of God's plan to scare the shit out of us to the point of kissing his ass. Who needs reality when you can make shit up as to why things happen?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Funny you should say that. I arrived at the unemployment office (because God hates me and everyone else who worked with me) and drew my number. You'll never guess what it was. Erh... Actually you probably would. Oh the delicious irony. I think I'll have another bowl...

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

It could be that we're all created equal and that it somehow takes effort for god to inflict people with various things. Therefore if the worse off you are the more god loves you because, he uhhhh, took the time.

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think all of you got it

I think all of you got it wrong.  For the last 1900 yrs I think christians have actually been worshipping satan, not god, only they're too blinded by their fantasy and beleif of rewards that they don't know it.   Why else would so many innocents be put to death in so many horrible ways while people like Cheney (aka Darth Vader), W and so many others live on?   If you believe in such fantasies life on Earth has no value.  If you believe god is on your side it's okay to kill in god's name.  Just ask forgiveness and your place in heaven is guaranteed by your skydaddy.  What the hell, when you die you'll never know the difference anyway.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150