Would you be offended or flattered if someone masturbated while thinking of you?

ragdish
atheist
ragdish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Would you be offended or flattered if someone masturbated while thinking of you?

It's time for me to break the ice and start a not so serious thread. I personally would be extremely flattered. But if you are thinking of me please make it special ie. after a nice pasta dinner with wine and then to set the mood right, a few scented candles.

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Okay, now I'm a little worried.

V.P., my remark about "You know I'm harmless, right?" was half-joking...and half not.  I wanted then (...and even more, now...) to make sure that I haven't accidentally overstepped some boundary of yours. So...is everything still cool, or do I owe you an apology?

Conor

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
You haven't overstepped any

You haven't overstepped any boundaries. I was only joking Sticking out tongue

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
greek goddess wrote:Nobody

greek goddess wrote:

Nobody has ever actually admitted to thinking of me while jerking off, but I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's probably happened a fair amount. As for me, I've told 3 different guys that I masturbated while thinking of them, and the reactions were all positive.

Don't mind if I do...

I've never been told after, but I have been told during.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Nobody has ever

Quote:
Nobody has ever actually admitted to thinking of me while jerking off, but I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's probably happened a fair amount.

Don't flatter yourself, snookums.  You got sort of a naughty librarian look, but I'm getting images of Daria and Ugly Betty in my head from looking at your picture and the more I think about it, the more my member leans towards packing up his balls and retiring as a hermit in a cave in the Himalayas.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:Don't

Sage_Override wrote:
Don't flatter yourself, snookums.  You got sort of a naughty librarian look, but I'm getting images of Daria and Ugly Betty in my head from looking at your picture and the more I think about it, the more my member leans towards packing up his balls and retiring as a hermit in a cave in the Himalayas.
Wow. That was unnecessary.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Ahh, relax.  I'm just

Ahh, relax.  I'm just breaking her balls a little.  Fuhget about it!

greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:Don't

Sage_Override wrote:

Obviously you have not been a member of this site long enough to have seen some of my prior pictures, which were sans glasses & braids. The other photos I've used as avatars in the past were meant to be sexy. This particular photo was taken at 2 am after I had returned from the library during finals week, and was not intended as a representation of how I look when I'm actively trying to pick up members of the opposite sex. (Or the same sex... I'm bi...)

The "naughty librarian" look is a relatively recent development. By this point in my life, I had hoped that I would have a more mature appearance that would be automatically authoritative. But I am 21 years old, in my senior year of college, and I still get mistaken for a high schooler on a regular basis. I'm 5'1" and have a relatively petite frame and a young-looking face, so I understand why people think that. But because of this, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to garner the respect of professors and even my peers, so I've started to tone down the cuteness in academic and professional settings in order to be taken more seriously. In the past, I've often suspected that professors thought I was a ditz or a naive little girl just based on my appearance, so I've started wearing glasses more often, since it's an easy way to make me look smarter and more focused on academics. I also get sick of getting checked out in class, so this look also works as a deterrant for that.

Anyways, when I go out to parties, bars, and places where I won't be judged negatively for looking good, then of course I wear my contacts and style my hair and make myself look pretty. But on a daily basis, I find that dolling myself up hinders, rather than helps, my efforts to look smart. I'm not trying to attract anyone in those settings anyways, so I don't see why I should be required to look my absolute best. And with all due respect, I'm not concerned with attracting anyone on this site, so I don't see why I should bother putting up pictures of me at my absolute best.

Anyways, there are plenty of people out there that find the Daria/Ugly Betty/etc. look attractive and cute anyways. I tend to go for guys with a nerdy streak, and many of those like slightly nerdy girls, so I guess it works out for me. Sorry if that doesn't appeal to you, but I'm not going to cry over it. In that case, just keep your thoughts as far away from me as possible, especially when your dick is out. Why don't you post a real picture of yourself so I can critique it and analyze all the physical reasons why I'd never sleep with you? 

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I've got quite a few

I've got quite a few overdue library books...  what's the punishment?

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Obviously you have not

Quote:

Obviously you have not been a member of this site long enough to have seen some of my prior pictures, which were sans glasses & braids. The other photos I've used as avatars in the past were meant to be sexy. This particular photo was taken at 2 am after I had returned from the library during finals week, and was not intended as a representation of how I look when I'm actively trying to pick up members of the opposite sex. (Or the same sex... I'm bi...)

The "naughty librarian" look is a relatively recent development. By this point in my life, I had hoped that I would have a more mature appearance that would be automatically authoritative. But I am 21 years old, in my senior year of college, and I still get mistaken for a high schooler on a regular basis. I'm 5'1" and have a relatively petite frame and a young-looking face, so I understand why people think that. But because of this, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to garner the respect of professors and even my peers, so I've started to tone down the cuteness in academic and professional settings in order to be taken more seriously. In the past, I've often suspected that professors thought I was a ditz or a naive little girl just based on my appearance, so I've started wearing glasses more often, since it's an easy way to make me look smarter and more focused on academics. I also get sick of getting checked out in class, so this look also works as a deterrant for that.

Anyways, when I go out to parties, bars, and places where I won't be judged negatively for looking good, then of course I wear my contacts and style my hair and make myself look pretty. But on a daily basis, I find that dolling myself up hinders, rather than helps, my efforts to look smart. I'm not trying to attract anyone in those settings anyways, so I don't see why I should be required to look my absolute best. And with all due respect, I'm not concerned with attracting anyone on this site, so I don't see why I should bother putting up pictures of me at my absolute best.

Anyways, there are plenty of people out there that find the Daria/Ugly Betty/etc. look attractive and cute anyways. I tend to go for guys with a nerdy streak, and many of those like slightly nerdy girls, so I guess it works out for me. Sorry if that doesn't appeal to you, but I'm not going to cry over it. In that case, just keep your thoughts as far away from me as possible, especially when your dick is out. Why don't you post a real picture of yourself so I can critique it and analyze all the physical reasons why I'd never sleep with you?

Alright, get off your high horse because I was FUCKING WITH YOU.  Learn to read before going off an ill-advised tangent that doesn't really have a place.  That being said, you're not even close to being my cup of tea.  Even if you looked different from your avatar in the past, I really don't care.  Don't worry, though; I won't weep over it.  I get plenty of action without the help of anonymous PMS flunkies, like yourself, typing on a forum. 

Visual_Paradox
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage, you might have been

Sage, you might have been joking around—not intending your post to come across as insulting—but that wasn't clear from what you wrote; I also interpreted it as an actual insult.

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Fair enough, VP, but I did

Fair enough, VP, but I did say later...

Quote:

Need I say more?

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:Fair

Sage_Override wrote:

Fair enough, VP, but I did say later...

Quote:

Need I say more?

Yes: "I'm sorry I wasn't clear that I was just joking. My bad."

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Yes: "I'm sorry I

Quote:
Yes: "I'm sorry I wasn't clear that I was just joking. My bad."

Ha!  Sarcasm!  Now you're cooking with gas.  Now you know (and knowing is half the battle).

G.I. JOOOOOOOOOE!!!

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:Ha! 

Sage_Override wrote:
Ha!  Sarcasm!  Now you're cooking with gas.  Now you know (and knowing is half the battle).

G.I. JOOOOOOOOOE!!!

Yeah, there you go avoiding your culpability and social responsibility.

"It was just a joke" doesn't absolve anything, by the way.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Yeah, there you go

Quote:
Yeah, there you go avoiding your culpability and social responsibility.

"It was just a joke" doesn't absolve anything, by the way.

Neither does trying to sound intellectual to appease yourself or sound important.  Get over yourself and chill out.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:Neither

Sage_Override wrote:
Neither does trying to sound intellectual to appease yourself or sound important.  Get over yourself and chill out.
You could get over yourself and own your mistake, and apologize for it.

greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:Alright,

Sage_Override wrote:

Alright, get off your high horse because I was FUCKING WITH YOU.  Learn to read before going off an ill-advised tangent that doesn't really have a place.  That being said, you're not even close to being my cup of tea.  Even if you looked different from your avatar in the past, I really don't care.  Don't worry, though; I won't weep over it.  I get plenty of action without the help of anonymous PMS flunkies, like yourself, typing on a forum. 

Ok seriously, what the fuck is your problem? Why this hostile attitude with everyone? I never addressed you personally in the first place, yet you proceeded to come out of left field and insult my appearance. I understand now that it was just a joke, but it was inappropriate given that I don't know you personally, and we've never spoken previously - what made you so certain I wouldn't take those remarks the wrong way? Other people have also said that they misinterpreted your comments, so I think that shows that the fault lies with you for failing to communicate clearly, rather than with us for deriving the wrong meaning from your comments. The mature thing to do would be to simply apologize for the misunderstanding.

Also, again, perhaps you haven't been around the site long enough to have seen some of my past posts on the issue, but I went through very serious eating disorders as a teen that nearly took my life - I've gone through enough insecurity over my own appearance without some internet douche trying to prove the size of his e-penis at my expense.

Anyways, apologize or don't, it doesn't really matter at this point. Pardon me for assuming that the majority of people would think that this

is attractive. If that's not your cup of tea, then so be it, but if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:You could

JillSwift wrote:

You need to stop saying things I agree with. If you keep this up I'm going to end up consulting you to see if I believe what I think I do.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

MySpace

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
I, too, vote for the

I, too, vote for the apology. I also interpreted it as an actual insult.

It's a common problem on the internet. Sarcasm does not make the transition to text. This is not the reader's problem. This is the writer's problem.

So rather than trying to defend your joke, which wasn't really funny even if we grant it its proper joke status, it would be pretty cool if you'd just swallow the pride and apologize. It's not about pretending to be guilty of a cruel intention you never actually had; it's more of a humility/empathy thing.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
greek goddess wrote:Anyways,

greek goddess wrote:

Anyways, there are plenty of people out there that find the Daria/Ugly Betty/etc. look attractive and cute anyways.

I always have. I tend to go for short, cute, and smart type myself. Although I'm definitely ok with purely physical relationships. I think people just need to be honest with themselves when it comes to this kind of thing.

MySpace

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
spike.barnett wrote:You need

spike.barnett wrote:
You need to stop saying things I agree with. If you keep this up I'm going to end up consulting you to see if I believe what I think I do.

I can provide that service for a nominal fee. Eye-wink

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:I can

JillSwift wrote:

Would that fee be my 2 cents? O_o

MySpace

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
spike.barnett

spike.barnett wrote:

JillSwift wrote:

Would that fee be my 2 cents? O_o

I can neither confirm nor deny that you believe that until the fee is paid in full.

(Billing is a bitch in this industry.) Laughing out loud

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm afraid I won't be able

I'm afraid I won't be able to pay you on time this month. I've come up a little short...

Visual_Paradox
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greek Goddess wrote:Also,

Greek Goddess wrote:
Also, again, perhaps you haven't been around the site long enough to have seen some of my past posts on the issue, but I went through very serious eating disorders as a teen that nearly took my life - I've gone through enough insecurity over my own appearance without some internet douche trying to prove the size of his e-penis at my expense.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:You

JillSwift wrote:

Well Jill, I don't think that he is going to do that. He seems to be reasonable but he needs to be given a bit of help to see where he went wrong. Reference this thread:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/people_should_start_pray_part_2

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
I don't see what people will use to whack off to me, unless they're doing it to Velma. Which I think would creep me out more.

OK, no fapping to the Velma avatar. No problem there. Should you change to a Daphne avatar on the other hand...

Actually no, I think that hentai people are pretty creepy.

JillSwift wrote:
What if it were a good looking guy?

It really would not matter to me at all. To me, the answer has to consider what we are talking about. If some guy wants to fap to me, then he needs to keep it to himself.

OTOH, if it was a woman who is diddling her fiddle to me, that would potentially be a different matter.

If she is some 400 pound land whale who can draw a bowling ball into orbit by her gravitational field, then it might as well be a guy.

If it is some woman who is reasonably hot (let me make my standard clear here: Under 250 pounds and under 60 years old), then I would want to hear about it. If I never do get told about what nis going on, well, rock on. However, if there is something there and the woman in question might possibly tell me about the matter, then I am all in favor of the matter.

Now Jill, if we did decide to have a group fapping as Hamby suggested, my fantasy would be you and reneobsidianswords. And you are about the same height and weight as she is. You are also a brunette with shoulder length hair.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, V.P....

...but I'm glad we got things cleared up.

From the way this thread has gone, it seems I was wise to check; sarcasm *is* a tough thing to read into a post.

Anyway, glad it's all good.

Conor

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:
Now Jill, if we did decide to have a group fapping as Hamby suggested, my fantasy would be you and reneobsidianswords. And you are about the same height and weight as she is. You are also a brunette with shoulder length hair.

Wow. I'm flattered!

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I may be in the minority

I may be in the minority in saying this, but...

Brunette > Blonde.

Totally.

Visual_Paradox
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
Archeopteryx wrote:Brunette

Archeopteryx wrote:
Brunette > Blonde.

Definitely.

(That's not to say I don't like blondes.)

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, of course not. Nothing

Oh, of course not. Nothing wrong with blondes. I've date blondes as well as brunettes.

Just saying, generally speaking, I tend to drool more often over brunettes.

Brunettes dying their hair blonde is a crime.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Archeopteryx wrote:Brunette

Archeopteryx wrote:

Brunette > Blonde.

You'll get no argument from me. Though I have no basis for comparison as I have never dated a blonde. I sort of quasi dated a red head once, but apart from her they've all had brown or black hair. I just prefer dark hair.

MySpace

Visual_Paradox
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just realized that I

I just realized that I didn't answer the question. The thought of giving Renee the warm fuzzies must've distracted me. O well. I enjoyed the distraction Eye-wink As for me, I would be flattered, regardless of whether it's a guy or girl or what they look like. Mind you, I'm heterosexual, so only girls will have a chance of realizing their fantasies with me Sticking out tongue

Carpe_Omnis
Carpe_Omnis's picture
User is offlineOffline
hmm

O.o 

Y'know, if I were to "get violent" should a woman act perversely and hit on me in excess, a lot of people would find it atrocious (because I'm a man, and therefore should not physically harm a woman).

And yet it's ok for a straight man to be violent towards a gay man who hits on him.

FTW

(Though I do have a real problem with other gay guys constantly hitting on straight guys... it creates a really bad stigma. I, for one, do not find myself attracted to straight guys I meet in my life. Any notion of attraction is turned off like a light switch the moment I am aware of their sexuality.)

Aaaanyway. Back to orignial topic. I'd definitely be flattered. My ego never ceases in its relentless hunger... and it's not picky.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:(Though I do have a

Quote:
(Though I do have a real problem with other gay guys constantly hitting on straight guys... it creates a really bad stigma. I, for one, do not find myself attracted to straight guys I meet in my life. Any notion of attraction is turned off like a light switch the moment I am aware of their sexuality.)

Funny you mention that.  My first assumption when any guy makes sexual advances on me (or nuzzles my neck or anything that's been mentioned so far) is that it's a joke.  If a gay guy really does that to me, my reaction is, "Um... dude... are you new at this or something?"

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

Funny you mention that.  My first assumption when any guy makes sexual advances on me (or nuzzles my neck or anything that's been mentioned so far) is that it's a joke.  If a gay guy really does that to me, my reaction is, "Um... dude... are you new at this or something?"

I don't get it. I've mistaken straight women for gay before, and I wasn't "new at it". Why is inexperience more likely than a simple misunderstanding?

I mean, it's not like people introduce themselves as "Hi! I'm Stephanie, and I'm straight/bi/gay!"

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well, I guess it's that I

Well, I guess it's that I live in a town that's very small, as that sort of thing goes.  Everybody basically knows everybody's business, particularly in the gay/lesbian community.  I guess it's a particular little niche here because most of the gays I know would consider it gauche to make the mistake of not knowing someone's orientation before making a move.

By the way, in reading over my post, I realize my mood probably wasn't conveyed well through text.  It's more a matter of mild amusement, not offense, when someone mistakes me for gay.  I take it as a compliment, but I find it amusing because of the nature of the gay community here.  I guess that's a better way of saying it.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi, Sage. Two things:1) I

Hi, Sage. Two things:

1) I couldn't help but notice that this conversation was entirely civil until you decided to inject some drama with your own brand of 'humor' that was, sarcastic or not, quite insulting.

2) I'm sure you're unaware, but the young lady you decided to insult is actually someone who has had to recover from an eating disorder that was provoked by a poor body image / low self-esteem. To say that jabbing at someone with that sort of history isn't a cool thing to do is a bit of an understatement.

A full apology is in order. No, that was not just a friendly request.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Well, I

Hambydammit wrote:

Well, I guess it's that I live in a town that's very small, as that sort of thing goes.  Everybody basically knows everybody's business, particularly in the gay/lesbian community.  I guess it's a particular little niche here because most of the gays I know would consider it gauche to make the mistake of not knowing someone's orientation before making a move.

By the way, in reading over my post, I realize my mood probably wasn't conveyed well through text.  It's more a matter of mild amusement, not offense, when someone mistakes me for gay.  I take it as a compliment, but I find it amusing because of the nature of the gay community here.  I guess that's a better way of saying it.

Ah, I get it now.

Heh. As an Asperger's 'sufferer' I can be horribly blunt about that, so by those standards I'd be constantly gauche.  But then, as an Aspie, that's just how it tends to be for any social situation. Smiling

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
greek goddess

greek goddess wrote:

Sage_Override wrote:

Ok seriously, what the fuck is your problem? Why this hostile attitude with everyone? I never addressed you personally in the first place, yet you proceeded to come out of left field and insult my appearance. I understand now that it was just a joke, but it was inappropriate given that I don't know you personally, and we've never spoken previously - what made you so certain I wouldn't take those remarks the wrong way? Other people have also said that they misinterpreted your comments, so I think that shows that the fault lies with you for failing to communicate clearly, rather than with us for deriving the wrong meaning from your comments. The mature thing to do would be to simply apologize for the misunderstanding.

Anyways, apologize or don't, it doesn't really matter at this point. Pardon me for assuming that the majority of people would think that this

is attractive. If that's not your cup of tea, then so be it, but if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

You handled that quite well GG  - - - maybe sage likes the internet confrontation...maybe he masturbates during conflict... who knows

BTW, Tracy says both pictures are HIS cup of tea.  Smiling

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Carpe_Omnis
Carpe_Omnis's picture
User is offlineOffline
ugh.

Hambydammit wrote:

I still don't think violence is ever an excuse in situations like that! The straight male should just get away from that person, ask them politely to stop, or... y'know, not behave like a barbarian? Seriously.

Haha. It does upset me, though, because it makes us look like fools. I brought friends of mine, that are also gay, to a party with me once... and introduced them to some of my straight friends. They hit on them. There were also some straight males there whom I did not know, some members of some random local punk band playing in a nearby town that night... (not to mention gutter punks who probably hadn't bathed in weeks) and they hit on them too. It was tremendously embarrasing. I remember at one point I was standing outside with one of the weird-gutter-punks (the drummer) and my friend Cierra (big, scary, butch, black chick) talking about a music venue in downtown Dallas and other intellectual/musical things...

My friend comes drunkenly staggering ... well, gaily, drunkenly staggering over, wraps his arm around the drummer, plants a kiss on his cheek and calls him something... Spanish. I think it was "Caliente" or "Chulo" ... but whatever it was the way he did it was disturbing and the meaning of the word added to how uncomfortable the situation was. It could have just been a funny thing that happened... wouldn't have been a big deal... except that he was serious. And he did it the whole. fucking. night.

Yeah, so, there's an interesting, totally pointless story to brighten your day.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:So true.

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

So true. Hey, is that an official Olympic Ping-Pong jacket he's wearing?

Also, Goddess, I love the new avatar - very cute.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Carpe_Omnis wrote:And yet

Carpe_Omnis wrote:

And yet it's ok for a straight man to be violent towards a gay man who hits on him.

What? Where is this okay? Not on my watch it's not.

Okay, I'm hypersensitive to this: I know a few old guys who had to live through the 60s and 70s gay, and they're some of my favourite people in the world. I grew up with the stories of them either getting beaten up or having to run away from getting beaten up, and it made me just a little angry at the world.

So if I'm being unnecessarily touchy, it's because I get all Captain America when my friends are threatened.

fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Carpe_Omnis
Carpe_Omnis's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness

HisWillness wrote:

Carpe_Omnis wrote:

What? Where is this okay? Not on my watch it's not.

Okay, I'm hypersensitive to this: I know a few old guys who had to live through the 60s and 70s gay, and they're some of my favourite people in the world. I grew up with the stories of them either getting beaten up or having to run away from getting beaten up, and it made me just a little angry at the world.

So if I'm being unnecessarily touchy, it's because I get all Captain America when my friends are threatened.

It's NOT okay. That's the point I was making (as a gay man, in case I didn't make it clear in previous posts)... because someone in here was suggesting they would "become violent" in such a situation.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Carpe_Omnis wrote:So if I'm

Carpe_Omnis wrote:
Will wrote:

It's NOT okay. That's the point I was making (as a gay man, in case I didn't make it clear in previous posts)... because someone in here was suggesting they would "become violent" in such a situation.

Totally missed the post you're referring to, but the point stands: not okay. As for the fiend who implied that originally, I boo you:

Booooooooo!

There. You have experienced the mighty indignity of my booing, and your shame is clear for all to see.

hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd be flattered to know

I'd be flattered to know that someone is masterbating to mental images of me, however, I don't know how I'd feel about being told that as a come on or something.

"I've yet to witness circumstance successfully manipulated through the babbling of ritualistic nonsense to an imaginary deity." -- me (josh)

If god can do anything, can he make a hot dog so big even he can't eat all of it?

Carpe_Omnis
Carpe_Omnis's picture
User is offlineOffline
spike.barnett

spike.barnett wrote:

JillSwift wrote:

spike.barnett wrote:
I would be flattered. If it was a good looking woman I'd probably try to work out some sort of fuck buddy arrangement. If they're getting their rocks off thinking about you it shouldn't be to hard to get them to actually have sex instead of just imagining it.

What if said good looking guy mentioned it after coming up from behind you and nuzzling your neck?

I would be flattered still. But very uncomfortable with the physical stuff. I would probably exhibit some sort of violence. Not saying it's the right thing to do but that's probably what would happen. That's one thing one man should not do to a strait man.

That's where it was said.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
spike.barnett

spike.barnett wrote:

JillSwift wrote:

spike.barnett wrote:

JillSwift wrote:

What if said good looking guy mentioned it after coming up from behind you and nuzzling your neck?

I would be flattered still. But very uncomfortable with the physical stuff. I would probably exhibit some sort of violence. Not saying it's the right thing to do but that's probably what would happen. That's one thing one man should not do to a strait man.

Why? It's just affection. Why not just a polite "Thanks, but no."?

I'm not talking about a good ol' fashion gay bashing or anything. I'm thinking more along the lines of a shove and a couple harsh words. Like "Get the fuck off me" or the like.

Now if I knew the person it would be different. It's not really a matter of it being a man. It's more a matter of it being someone I'm not interested in. I would do the same to a woman I found unattractive. I have my personal space and there are rules as to who is allowed entry.

And just to be clear I'm not homophobic.

Just for the sake of clarity that is the conversation as a whole. It has nothing to do with the fact that he is a gay man. It wouldn't be right for me to walk up to a stranger and start rubbing all over her either. It's a classic case of the reverse golden rule. And like I said, I'm not getting all redneck on them. I don't see my rejection as out of line. It would be perfectly acceptable for a women to reject me in that fashion if I were brazen enough to start rubbing all over her.

MySpace