atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

... make the Eagles cry...

Smiling

I know there are a few Eagles fans out there ...  *poke*poke*

Even though I don't understand how the Eagles can get in if the beat the Sowboys, as a Redskin fan, I am rooting for the Eagles because I would rather suck the dead testicle of Jerry Falwell than watch the Cowboy's win.

This is where Sapient and I, mortal enemies(as far as the NFC east is concerned) can find agreement. I'd rather have a 3 way with Joel Olsteen and Pat Robertson than to watch the Cowboys win.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would pay to see that

I would pay to see that threesome   

Cowboys aren't looking that great right now...

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Renee Obsidianwords wrote:I

I would pay to see that threesome   

Cowboys aren't looking that great right now...

Now before you go giving up your hard earned cash, I a have seen the Cowchips come from a 21 point deficit  to beat my Skins.

I have seen many times where the Sowboys were down only to squek  by a win.

Don't get me wrong, to quote Jack Nickleson, "I'll rip your head off and puke in your dead skull"(NOTE TO ALL READERS, this is purely sarcasim)

I DONT want the Sowboys to win, but if they do, I will be like any other day and just like when the Eagles have beat the Skins. Yea, it sucks, but it is just a game and one team wins and one team loses.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
To quote one of the bad guys

To quote one of the bad guys in the original "Die Hard"......"The quarterback is toast!"

Looks like the Cowboys are getting the same shoe thrown at them as Bush, at least they will both be in good company.

NANNA NANNA NA NANNA NA NA HEY HEY GOOD BYE!

Renee Obsidianwords
User is offlineOffline
....but 41 to 3   LOLI

....but 41 to 3   LOL

I just feel for my husband. He appears to have a stroke everytime something goes wrong for our beloved Cowboys. And on that note, I am getting out of the house so I don't have to listen to him scream    Smiling

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Renee Obsidianwords

....but 41 to 3   LOL

I just feel for my husband. He appears to have a stroke everytime something goes wrong for our beloved Cowboys. And on that note, I am getting out of the house so I don't have to listen to him scream    Smiling

Your husband needs to get to the point I am now. You must treat your team much like a relitive that gets lucky(and pat them on the back) or roll your eyes when they fart at the formal dinner table.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Well, dont feel too bad, my

Well, dont feel too bad, my skins lost to the 49rs. Like I said, hope for the best and always keep the paper bags avialable to put over your head when your relitives embarrass you.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I don't think the Cowboys

I don't think the Cowboys could have beaten Detroit tonight.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

pablotar
pablotar's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Man, that was sweet! too

Man, that was sweet! too easy...

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

... make the Eagles cry...

Smiling

I know there are a few Eagles fans out there ...  *poke*poke*

Trying to screw with me?  Sticking out tongue

Seems the cowgirls left their mojo in......... 10 years ago.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
SUICIDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares about the Dallas cow girls and their grassy knoll.  The  Patriots won  eleven games this year and still did not get in the playoffs;   what else could possibly matter.

EDIT);   I have aspirin and I know how to swallow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Who cares about the Dallas cow girls and their grassy knoll.  The  Patriots won  eleven games this year and still did not get in the playoffs;   what else could possibly matter.

EDIT);   I have aspirin and I know how to swallow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least your team won 11 games. I'd rather the Skins be Detroit so they can get all those draft pics. BUT, knowing Danny boy, he'll blow his money on positions we don't need and ignore, once again, the offensive line.

Sapient, your Eagles made it, and at least for now, untill we meet again, I'll be rooting for them(for you).

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:I'd rather the Skins

Quote:
I'd rather the Skins be Detroit so they can get all those draft pics. 

I'm still cringing at the thought of Knowshon Moreno or Matt Stafford having to do pergatory in Detroit...

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
I'd rather the Skins be Detroit so they can get all those draft pics. 

I'm still cringing at the thought of Knowshon Moreno or Matt Stafford having to do pergatory in Detroit...

You know what is so funny about Detroit, the city? As an aside I have noticed that as far back in comedy movies it has been the butt of many jokes.

I dont know if anyone remembers "Kentucky Fried Movie", but there was a spoof of Bruce Lee movies and one guy was being tortured by the bad guy in that spoof and the bad guy said, "Take him to Detroit!"

The guy being tortured responded with fear, "NO NO NO NOT DETROIT"

And just a few years ago there was a spoof type movie making fun of disasters where the particular clip made fun of "War of the Worlds(remake)", an the reporter showed her friend the footage she got.

"Here is Detroit before the invasion"(clip shows downtown in shambles and some buildings on fire)

"Here is Detroit during the invasion"(clip shows no change exept the aliens)

Renee Obsidianwords
User is offlineOffline
I got home last night around

I got home last night around 11:30, Tracy was up watching TV...I asked him how the game went and he just growled "we didn't deserve to go the playoffs"

I hurried upstairs and went to sleep!

Smiling

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Football (and other

Football (and other professional sports) could potentially be entertaining to watch at some point if they ever finally put landmines, rabid kodiak bears and/or Something Wretchedly Hungry in the field as obstacles.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Football

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Football (and other professional sports) could potentially be entertaining to watch at some point if they ever finally put landmines, rabid kodiak bears and/or Something Wretchedly Hungry in the field as obstacles.

Invent a time machine and go back to ancient Rome.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Football

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Football (and other professional sports) could potentially be entertaining to watch at some point if they ever finally put landmines

Brian Dawkins

Quote:
rabid kodiak bears

Brian Dawkins

Quote:
and/or Something Wretchedly Hungry in the field as obstacles.

Brian Dawkins

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Sapient wrote:Kevin R Brown

I like that last picture, he looks like a rabid atheist going after theist logic. WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wanna talk about a game with

Wanna talk about a game with no one to root for?...To a Giants fan, The Cowboys/Eagles is like watching Al Queda & Nambla  play a game of checkers.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I gotta say, I heard an

I gotta say, I heard an interview with T.O. yesterday (I think it was recorded after the game.. not sure) where they asked him something like "What was it like seeing Tony {Romo} out there getting beat up and not playing up to the level he expects from himself?  Have you had a chance to talk to him?  How's he taking this loss at the end of what was supposed to be a very promising season?"

T.O.'s response was classic:  "Well, I talked to him, you know, and I was like, listen man... I'm still the same T.O. I've always been cause that's the kind of guy I am.  You know, I got your back, just like I always have.  I'm the kind of guy that when I say I'm gonna have your back, I'm going to have your back.  Cause I'm that kind of guy."

If I could sum up Dallas' issues in one word, I think it would be "Jerry Jones."  Yeah.  I know... you expected me to talk about how T.O. is a cancer.  He is.  And guess who thought it would be a good idea to bring him to the team.  JJ.  Until Jerry decides he wants something else to play with, I don't think Dallas is going to have a real shot.  As Colin Cowherd very eloquently stated after the big game, a football team wins if the football organization is solid.  Solidity starts at the owner, and goes to the front office, the scouts, coaches, and finally, the players.  Dallas has a lot of very good players.

Books about atheism

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
T.O. is one of those guys

T.O. is one of those guys that you can't quite appreciate until you have him on your team.  Then you go "oh fuck this is what they had to deal with? Now I get it!"

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Actually, some of the

Actually, some of the conversations you and I have had about various other sites and people are really similar to this.  It's not that T.O. can't catch (although he can certainly drop, too...).  It's that regardless of what he is doing on the field, he just goads people into drama.  If nobody paid any attention to him at all, I don't know what would happen, honestly.

Take this last fiasco.  "My team is ganging up on me so that I don't get the ball enough."  Honestly, the media made that into something, but only because other Cowboys commented on it.  If the whole team had a "no comment" atmosphere about anything T.O. ever said, the media would just have to speculate on his comments alone, and it simply wouldn't be that interesting.  But when you get Romo and Barber and other big names commenting on it, well, then it's news.

Then, turn around two days later and he's complaining that Roy Williams isn't getting the ball enough.   Ordinary sane people should notice that T.O. is just talking to hear himself in the microphone, but they just keep feeding it.  Say what you will about the Patriots, but their habit of never saying shit to anyone about anything sure paid off better than Dallas' "spotlight at any cost" strategy.

Books about atheism

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Hamby, in the last year I

Hamby, in the last year I have learned a lot more about mental illness than I have in any other year.  I've also come to realize that many more people in society need to be medicated for issues that they have a hard time controlling or unable to control.  After coming to this realization I saw on an MSNBC ticker that 1 out of 5 young adults suffer from a personality disorder that hinders their ability to get through day to day life and that even more are addicted to drugs and alchohol.  Anyway... when I think about how more people need to be medicated, one of the people that comes to mind first is T.O. 

Someone get him a prescription for something that isn't on the banned list, but not until he's off the cowgirls.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:After coming to this

Quote:
After coming to this realization I saw on an MSNBC ticker that 1 out of 5 young adults suffer from a personality disorder that hinders their ability to get through day to day life and that even more are addicted to drugs and alchohol.

I'm very wary of MSNBC tickers, but I think it's true that many aspects of our society are simply not something our little cave man brains are prepared for.  I'm pretty sure you and I have had a conversation about what a "mental illness" is, and how mental states are more like continuums than switches.  I'm not so sure people need to be medicated as much as they need a change of lifestyle.

Put another way, everything is a trade.  If you're going to get ten million dollars out of college to play a sport, have women line up to suck your dick, and hire people to walk around with you and constantly tell you how awesome you are, there's going to be a little cognitive dissonance when your all-too-human foibles turn out to be just as shitty as everyone else's.  If you live in a tiny box and spend all day every day surrounded by millions of people who aren't related to you, working in a job where everyone you meet is another number, you're going to have interpersonal problems.

Books about atheism

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Put

Hambydammit wrote:

Put another way, everything is a trade.  If you're going to get ten million dollars out of college to play a sport, have women line up to suck your dick, and hire people to walk around with you and constantly tell you how awesome you are, there's going to be a little cognitive dissonance when your all-too-human foibles turn out to be just as shitty as everyone else's.  If you live in a tiny box and spend all day every day surrounded by millions of people who aren't related to you, working in a job where everyone you meet is another number, you're going to have interpersonal problems.

But then how do you explain the large amount of athletes that are capable of living a refined lifestyle in which they can play well with others.  I happen to have been friends with a few, and also know the public persona of quite a few very well.  And of course, we're comparing public persona here.  How can Donovan McNabb handle his benching with grace and a small amount of acceptable humor but T.O. can't handle catching 3 passes in the same way?  They grew up with similar lines of women and similar amounts of money.  And I'm only comparing one athelete.  There are tons of athletes that put off a positive and classy public persona.

I was searching for a clip where Donovan talks about his benching and found this blast from the past along the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KEGfpP9XlI  (coverage of the T.O.-Donovan feud when T.O. was in town)

Anyway, there are tons of other players that conduct themselves well, why didn't environment ruin them like it did T.O.?  T.O. needs meds.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Ok, for non sports fans that

Ok, for non sports fans that are actually following this line of thought, I found a slightly better interview with McNabb to give you a glimpse of a class act in an interview: http://eagles.fandome.com/video/102744/Donovan-McNabb-on-NFL-Total-Access

To see T.O. in a negative light just look him up on video, he acts like a cocky prick in every single one of them.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Ok at the risk of obsessing,

Ok at the risk of obsessing, I found the clip I was looking for.  Donovan McNabb (statistically the best QB in Eagles history) was benched the week before Thanksgiving halfway through the game after playing poorly a few games in a row.  He was not told by the coach (Andy Reid) whom he's been with for ten years (longest current QB-Coach stint in NFL) about the benching.  Many people in the town found it to be disrespectful that Andy Reid didn't tell him and he found out from the QB coach instead.  The next day Andy announced that Donovan would return to QB, and as Donovan generally does he found a way to be humorous with a media that he feels makes drama out of situations not worthy of such.  So when asked "how did you hear you would be returning to QB?"  he said "the janitor told me."  The media all laughed heartily. 

This is him after the most controversial benching (some would say after being severely disrespected) in our cities history:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/index.asp?mm_file_id=6298&play_clip=y  (the comment I refer to is right at the beginning)

T.O. would be bitching, screaming, crying, attacking, condescending, and cocky.  Why?  Because he needs meds.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:But then how do you

Quote:
But then how do you explain the large amount of athletes that are capable of living a refined lifestyle in which they can play well with others. I happen to have been friends with a few, and also know the public persona of quite a few very well. And of course, we're comparing public persona here. How can Donovan McNabb handle his benching with grace and a small amount of acceptable humor but T.O. can't handle catching 3 passes in the same way? They grew up with similar lines of women and similar amounts of money. And I'm only comparing one athelete. There are tons of athletes that put off a positive and classy public persona.

You said it yourself.  One out of five people has issues with day to day life.  T.O. is one of the one, and Donovan is one of the four.  To be fair, I wasn't completely clear.  I made that sound like a one to one relationship where anybody who gets ten million dollars and a blow job will turn into an ass.  Obviously that isn't so.  What I mean is that if one out of five people have trouble coping with day to day life, and we put five people in a highly cognitively dissonant situation where they're under constant scrutiny, we shouldn't be surprised when their tendencies towards coping issues get magnified.

Also, it's worth mentioning that T.O. would have the same personality if he was a dishwasher at T.G.I. Fridays.  He would just bitch at his manager that the other employees were ganging up on him to try to take his shifts away.  He just wouldn't make the news, and he wouldn't have girls lined up to suck his dick or a posse to constantly tell him he's awesome.

Hmm... I've just muddied the waters again.  Ok, what I'm saying is that these day to day problems usually seem relatively mild for average folks.  A few of their colleagues are tired of their shit, but they cause no major waves for themselves or anybody else.  Only when we get this unusual spotlight do people go from being a bit of an ass to being a total douche media whore.  The genes express through the environment.  McNabb has always struck me as a very level-headed thoughtful person, and I'm sure that whatever field he might have ended up in, he'd have a reputation for it.  In the NFL, he hardly gets mentioned because of that whole spotlight thing.  He doesn't make news because he just goes about quietly being Donovan.  (Quietly Being Donovan... the next big Indy flick?)

So, before there was the possibility of national fame for catching a football, we simply didn't have many figures like T.O.  Virtually everybody was confined to a much smaller universe, and so never got the chance to be the apple of ESPN's eye and be an international douche.

Books about atheism

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Rich Woods wrote:Wanna talk

Rich Woods wrote:

Wanna talk about a game with no one to root for?...To a Giants fan, The Cowboys/Eagles is like watching Al Queda & Nambla  play a game of checkers.

LMAOROTF! I guess that would make the Cowboys Jeffery Dhamer.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Kevin,The Eagles just made a

Kevin,

The Eagles just made a vignette about Dawkins their cover story.  In it you'll learn of his alter ego (weapon x).

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/index.asp?mm_file_id=6606&play_clip=y

warning: he is Christian and speaks in tongues during his pregame ritual

pablotar
pablotar's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Kevin,The

Sapient wrote:

Kevin,

The Eagles just made a vignette about Dawkins their cover story.  In it you'll learn of his alter ego (weapon x).

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/index.asp?mm_file_id=6606&play_clip=y

warning: he is Christian and speaks in tongues during his pregame ritual

That's the part I have a problem with ; that whole pointin' at the sky thing every 20 seconds. I wish they would make that a celebration penalty.

Dawk is the man though. 

Go Eagles!

Eden had a 25% murder rate and incest was rampant.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Well Sapient, I am sticking

Well Sapient, I am sticking to my word. Next week your Eagles face the Giants to move onto the NFC Championship. I will be rooting for them.

To all reading this, I wouldn't count the Eagles out. I can attest, being that my Skins are in the same division. The can and have won away games countless times withing their division in their history. They have to be even more motivated to do so especially since it is a playoff game.

You can prognosticate games left and right, but defying the odds is not out of the question and does happen in all sports. Considering the heated rivalry between the two, the Eagles winning would not surprise me.