Authoritarianism.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Authoritarianism.

To those who want bigger government and those who want dogma as a fix.

There is no greater insult to intelect, inquiry or self preservation than to bow blindly to religion or government. For a claimed being to demand blind obediance is absurd as bowing to Hitler or Stalin, "Just because".

It is not about biting the hand that feeds you, it is the ability to question the food the hand gives you. If your daddy asked you to drink bleach, would you? That goes for any god or government.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Amen Brother!

Amen Brother!

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, Brian, Brian,

Oh, Brian, Brian, Brian...

Can't you see? Big Brother only wants to add to your List of Freedoms. Seeing this for yourself is just a matter of understanding mathematics:

Before Big Brother, not a single citizen could have had the freedom to praise Big Brother, nor the freedom to submit reports on their fellow citizens to any of the ministries nor even the freedom obey the tenets of Big Brother!

Now can you see? Big Brother has given you at least 3 more freedoms that you didn't have before.

In fact, just today and for you, Brian, Big Brother is providing another freedom: the freedom to report to the Ministry of Truth for a complimentary mindscrubbing. A vehicle from the agency will be arriving to pick you up shortly so you may enjoy this 4th extra freedom this afternoon. Smiling

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Oh,

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Oh, Brian, Brian, Brian...

Can't you see? Big Brother only wants to add to your List of Freedoms. Seeing this for yourself is just a matter of understanding mathematics:

Before Big Brother, not a single citizen could have had the freedom to praise Big Brother, nor the freedom to submit reports on their fellow citizens to any of the ministries nor even the freedom obey the tenets of Big Brother!

Now can you see? Big Brother has given you at least 3 more freedoms that you didn't have before.

In fact, just today and for you, Brian, Big Brother is providing another freedom: the freedom to report to the Ministry of Truth for a complimentary mindscrubbing. A vehicle from the agency will be arriving to pick you up shortly so you may enjoy this 4th extra freedom this afternoon. Smiling

Winston lost his freedom over pussy. All he had to do us jack off in the  privacy....ooops camera's everywhere......nevermind. Big Brother/God.....same eye in the sky.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:To those who

Brian37 wrote:

To those who want bigger government and those who want dogma as a fix.

There is no greater insult to intelect, inquiry or self preservation than to bow blindly to religion or government. For a claimed being to demand blind obediance is absurd as bowing to Hitler or Stalin, "Just because".

It is not about biting the hand that feeds you, it is the ability to question the food the hand gives you. If your daddy asked you to drink bleach, would you? That goes for any god or government.

Bigger government? Who wants that? Our governments are already too big. For each large corporation there must be a several more seats in the government. The group of people there isn't a professional team for taking decisions, it's less or more a group of commercial interests and ambitions, who governs us. There is a lot of abmitions, and so we have a big governments. Hypothetically, if a contemporary energy sources would be replaced by a free energy source, the governments would be much smaller. In fact, we need just a rule of the wise, and those are always few.

But don't underestimate the power of great leaders. There's no guarantee that a great leader will be also a good leader, as those above mentioned showed to us. Their charisma transcends rationality, and it can fool even the greatest scientists and philosophers of the nation. Pre-nazi Germany showed that as well. If they couldn't resist, so couldn't common people. And those who resisted, had no chance against a faked voting system, as it probably happened in Germany.

This gives my trust rather to non-authoritative individuals. Those, who says that humankind is the true savior of the world. That we must change the world ourselves, by a billion of tiny voices and votes. I see we're plagued by enough of our common threats, so that we can unite together for something good. By something good, I mean there's practically everything we can do better. What about sharing of resources, instead of economic monopoles? What about massive international humanitary efforts, instead of wars? United Nations speaks of millenium development goals not being met enough, and yet behold the hundreds of billions of dollars spent on invading a foreign countries and saving a tunelled financial system. This begs for using money wisely, and who else than we should decide it?

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think Rudy Giuliani said

I think Rudy Giuliani said it best: "Freedom is submission to authority." He said that without irony. Some people really think that we are most free underneath a controlling and coercive government. And they don't seem to be able to see the irony in their statements. Giuliani's and Huckabee's failure to get the Republican nomination was one of the biggest reliefs I have ever felt.

Remember folks: its not censorship, its freedom silence.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India