If programming languages were religions...

UltraMonk
User is offlineOffline
If programming languages were religions...

Some lighthearted humour Smiling

and for reference I am a Perl Coder.

Link:

http://www.aegisub.net/2008/12/if-programming-languages-were-religions.html

: Freedom - The opportunity to have responsibility.

: Liberty is about protecting the right of others to disagree with you.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 So accurate! (Creepy,

So accurate! (Creepy, actually.)

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
UltraMonk wrote:Some

UltraMonk wrote:

Some lighthearted humour Smiling

and for reference I am a Perl Coder.

Link:

http://www.aegisub.net/2008/12/if-programming-languages-were-religions.html

Forth would be Scientology as it frees its users from the strictures of unnatural ideas such as c = a + b and permits natural concepts such as a b +

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Some anonymous commenter

Some anonymous commenter said it best:

Quote:
Almost 100% on spot, but Ruby and Python texts are switched!

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Haskell would be Taoism - It

Haskell would be Taoism - It is so different from other languages that many people don't understand how can anyone use it to produce anything useful. Its followers believe that it's the true path to wisdom, but that wisdom is beyond the grasp of most mortals.

I had spent a several sad months fighting the Haskell demon at a college, and with using all my power I succeeded on D. (4th mark of 5 being the worst) Unfortunately, there was like 5 another subjects I which needed that power for.
The description fits.

I am very good at GML, which I'd compare to New Age. It's very simple, for everyone, gives a great freedom, lets you use ";" or "then" mostly only if you want. It takes it's syntax from C++, Visual Basic, Pascal, and is actually based on Delphi. It takes the best ideas from all the languages before, like 'if', 'for', or 'while'. The great idea All is One is represented by the One type of numeric variable (simply 'integer') for a number of any length, any sign, any decimal positions, and you can change it immediately into a string of any length, if it doesn't fit your zodiac sign! What a relief, compared to a rigid, superstitious laws of the ancient C! It works on the most of computers, though it takes a large part of system resources to believe in it.
And it's not technically a religion...uhm...programming language, it's a scripting language.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

dead_again
Special AgentWebsite Admin
dead_again's picture
User is offlineOffline
I KNEW there was a reason I

I KNEW there was a reason I use python for everything I can't do with a one liner command.

Your god's silence speaks loud and clear