Tony Anthony - lying evangelist

Larty
Larty's picture
Posts: 145
Joined: 2007-05-25
User is offlineOffline
Tony Anthony - lying evangelist

Tony Anthony is currently an evangelist, who claims to have won Kung-Fu world championship four times. He has written a book about his past called Taming the Tiger. He claims his grandfather took him to China by the age of 4, and was trained to master all the arts of Kung-Fu. He trained up to the age of 20, became a professional bodyguard for influential people, but when his fiancee died, he began a life of crime in his rage and depression. He beat up and killed several people and ended up in a jail, where a man called Michael Wright, a Christian, visited him and taught him about Jesus and God. Tony became a Christian, and has been an evangelist ever since.

You can listen his story here: Link

I have read the book, and I actually thought his story was true, until I heard his story has no evidence or sources indicating it was true at all. No evidence about him ever being a Kung-Fu world champion, and no evidence of his crimes. We all know that evangelists aren't really honest people, so it's obvious that Anthony just fabricated his story just to gain money. I'm pretty sure the liar doesn't even believe in God.

I guess it makes sense that he lied about his story. He made some pretty ridiculous claims about his Kung-Fu skills in the book. He said that it was possible to kill a person within a second by pinching from certain points in their bodies. I wonder if Anthony could still do this if he was asked? I guess it would be un-Christian if he did, so there's no use demanding him to show his incredible Kung-Fu skills again...

Anthony's Wikipedia page has been deleted due to a lack of citation of his claims.

Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself.


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
"Lying Evangelist"Isn't that

"Lying Evangelist"

Isn't that a tautology?


Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
Posts: 3142
Joined: 2007-06-24
User is offlineOffline
'Kung-Fu' champion claims

'Kung-Fu' champion claims should always raise a red flag. What type of Kung-Fu, my good sir? What weight class were you in? What tournaments did you compete in? Where? Who were your opponents?

Etc.

 

The podcast story is just silly. He may as well just said he'd been enlisted by Zordon as one of the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers to defeat the evil Lord Zed.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:"Lying

JillSwift wrote:

"Lying Evangelist"

Isn't that a tautology?

Jill is obviously the kung-fu champion, here.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
Posts: 3142
Joined: 2007-06-24
User is offlineOffline
...This forum talks at some

...This forum talks at some length about the dubiousness of the tale, and as an added plus the first poster in the thread has one of the best photoshops I've ever seen. Smiling

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940


Larty
Larty's picture
Posts: 145
Joined: 2007-05-25
User is offlineOffline
I think I remember a part in

I think I remember a part in the book where he beat up about five guys in a street fight ALONE. This would be an entertaining action movie scene, but martial arts aren't like that in reality.

There was also a part where he lifted a metallic pot of boiling oil, carrying it for at least 30 seconds with his FRIGGEN BEAR HANDS, without getting third-degree burns for the rest of his life. He claimed that it was possible due to his mastery of using Chi, and that he was able to "cool" and "numb" his hands so that the pot only left minor burns.

Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself.


Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
Posts: 3142
Joined: 2007-06-24
User is offlineOffline
I HAZ TEH NINJAH CHI!!!

I HAZ TEH NINJAH CHI!!!


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Larty wrote:I think I

Larty wrote:

I think I remember a part in the book where he beat up about five guys in a street fight ALONE. This would be an entertaining action movie scene, but martial arts aren't like that in reality.

There was also a part where he lifted a metallic pot of boiling oil, carrying it for at least 30 seconds with his FRIGGEN BEAR HANDS, without getting third-degree burns for the rest of his life. He claimed that it was possible due to his mastery of using Chi, and that he was able to "cool" and "numb" his hands so that the pot only left minor burns.

Sounds like the only expereince he's had with Kung Fu was watching the TV series.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Larty
Larty's picture
Posts: 145
Joined: 2007-05-25
User is offlineOffline
Oh. My. God...I read that

Oh. My. God...

I read that ninjah chi -part from the book again, and guess what? It wasn't boiling oil it was molten-god-damn-steel! Steel melts at 1300 celcius. That's 13-times hotter than boiling water, and about 4 times hotter than boiling oil! He also said that the pot was a hundred kilograms in weight, and that he lifted it with his elbows (Of course, the 100 kilo weight could simply be a translation error, because I have the Finnish version of the book). Just try to lift heavy stuff with your elbows, and you'll know why you'd rather prefer to use your HANDS.

As he touched the pot with his elbows, he wrote that he could smell the burning hair and flesh of his skin, without even feeling anything. This should confirm that he got third degree burns from the trick, thus, the burns should still be in his arms today. I wonder if they really are?

I'm gonna have to read this book again because it's so damn ridiculous. Smiling

Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself.


DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
Posts: 666
Joined: 2008-02-15
User is offlineOffline
 Just once I wish one of

 Just once I wish one of these douchebag evangelists would be a normal guy who used to do web designs or fixed bathrooms for a living and then saw the light and stopped drinking light beer and masturbating to underwear ads in the newspaper.  It's always somebody who claims to have headed up a white slavery ring or fought Boba Fett to a draw on Ord Mantell and then had a Damascine Road experience.  

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell


Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
Posts: 3142
Joined: 2007-06-24
User is offlineOffline
Quote:or fought Boba Fett to

Quote:
or fought Boba Fett to a draw on Ord Mantell

Hey! Who leaked you a copy of my autobiography!?

Sticking out tongue


DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
Posts: 666
Joined: 2008-02-15
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Quote:or

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:
or fought Boba Fett to a draw on Ord Mantell

Hey! Who leaked you a copy of my autobiography!?

Sticking out tongue

You're being overly generous, Kevin.  We all know he just flaked out after you kicked him in the balls.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
Larty wrote:I read that

Larty wrote:

I read that ninjah chi -part from the book again, and guess what? It wasn't boiling oil it was molten-god-damn-steel! Steel melts at 1300 celcius. That's 13-times hotter than boiling water, and about 4 times hotter than boiling oil! He also said that the pot was a hundred kilograms in weight, and 

Okay, stop right there. I want in on this ridiculous claims crazy train. If he can get away with it, and people go to hear him speak, I'm in!

First, I've killed and skinned several bears with my bare hands. I eat turtles whole. My mere concern for another person has been known to cure cancer, and I CAN touch my tongue to my elbow. Birds change formation at my command, and I invented sushi.

There. I feel much better.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
Posts: 904
Joined: 2008-04-02
User is offlineOffline
Quote: ... and I invented

Quote:

 

... and I invented sushi

 

 

Sadistic bastard. I'm sending Tony "What's That Burning Smell?" Anthony after you for that.

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:

Kevin R Brown wrote:

'Kung-Fu' champion claims should always raise a red flag. What type of Kung-Fu, my good sir? What weight class were you in? What tournaments did you compete in? Where? Who were your opponents?

Etc.


 

Y'know what Kev?  I don't think that those questions (as good as they are) even need to be asked.  Seriously, how many varieties of Kung Fu are there in the world?  If this guy was recognized internationally by even one known standards body, it would be trivial to find his name on some web page. And he has four titles at that?

If I make the bold claim that I have won a 2,000+ mile bicycle race across France four times, it should not be too hard to figure out that I am one of four people in the entire world. Mind you, I do not so claim, so don't bother trying to google me.

As far as what I have done:

I have counted to infinity. Four times. I know where Carmen Sandiego is. At my pleasure, Oxford would remove the letter Q from the dictionary. I went to the moon for thirty seven days yesterday...on foot. The ontological argument is not an infinite regression, I made the guy who made god. If that is not enough, my dick is so big that it has it's own dick and even my dick's dick is bigger than your dick.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

I have counted to infinity. Four times. I know where Carmen Sandiego is. At my pleasure, Oxford would remove the letter Q from the dictionary. I went to the moon for thirty seven days yesterday...on foot. The ontological argument is not an infinite regression, I made the guy who made god. If that is not enough, my dick is so big that it has it's own dick and even my dick's dick is bigger than your dick.

 

And you tell that to the kids today, and they don't believe you!

It's hard enough getting a parking spot at work for my dragon, but getting a haircut when a mane of pure gold rises from your follicles is just a hassle.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


Larty
Larty's picture
Posts: 145
Joined: 2007-05-25
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:First,

HisWillness wrote:

First, I've killed and skinned several bears with my bare hands. I eat turtles whole. My mere concern for another person has been known to cure cancer, and I CAN touch my tongue to my elbow. Birds change formation at my command, and I invented sushi.

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

I have counted to infinity. Four times. I know where Carmen Sandiego is. At my pleasure, Oxford would remove the letter Q from the dictionary. I went to the moon for thirty seven days yesterday...on foot. The ontological argument is not an infinite regression, I made the guy who made god. If that is not enough, my dick is so big that it has it's own dick and even my dick's dick is bigger than your dick.

Guys, you might be badass, but no one cares about the cool stuff that you have done. You must give your lives to Jesus after your deeds have caused you harm. Only that way you can be famous.

Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself.


DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
Posts: 666
Joined: 2008-02-15
User is offlineOffline
I once killed a shark with a

I once killed a shark with a sharpened stick while in the process of sailing across the Strait of Gibraltar on a raft made from dead men.

Beat that.

 

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Larty wrote:Guys, you might

Larty wrote:
Guys, you might be badass, but no one cares about the cool stuff that you have done. You must give your lives to Jesus after your deeds have caused you harm. Only that way you can be famous.

 

Did I forget to mwention that I planted and subsequently harvested the trees that bcame the stumps which Jesus was walking on in Matthew 14:25?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
Larty wrote:Guys, you might

Larty wrote:

Guys, you might be badass, but no one cares about the cool stuff that you have done. You must give your lives to Jesus after your deeds have caused you harm. Only that way you can be famous.

Famous? Who wants to be famous? That'll just mean I'll be called upon to do more amazing shit for people. Forget it. Anyway, I armwrestled God for salvation, and won, so I'm in the clear.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
DamnDirtyApe wrote:I once

DamnDirtyApe wrote:

I once killed a shark with a sharpened stick while in the process of sailing across the Strait of Gibraltar on a raft made from dead men.

Beat that.

Easy. I once shit an entire whale. It had to be transported to the coast where it went on to repopulate its dwindling species.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Did I forget to mwention that I planted and subsequently harvested the trees that bcame the stumps which Jesus was walking on in Matthew 14:25?

Hey, I remember you: you were the guy who helped me get all that water for the party where Jesus turned it into wine. That was a big hill! You were right, it probably would have been easier for us to just get the wine.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13686
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Preaching works because

Preaching works because those who do it know that questioning their position will destroy it. Preachers are nothing more than the man behind the curtain.

Olsten, Hinn, Sylvia Brown, Uri Geller, Hovind, are all succesfull cons because they will not let you examine the box you saw the woman in half with.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
Posts: 1868
Joined: 2008-01-25
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:. . . I

HisWillness wrote:

. . . I CAN touch my tongue to my elbow.

And that's why he's popular with the ladies.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers


nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
Posts: 1868
Joined: 2008-01-25
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

And he has four titles at that?

Yes. They are:


Nancy-boy Tony

Tony Anthony of the Two First Names

Tony Anthony, Lt. JG of the L. Ron Hubbard "Made Up Shit About My Life" Society

Sir Poopy-pants

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers


Larty
Larty's picture
Posts: 145
Joined: 2007-05-25
User is offlineOffline
Hey guys, check this out:

Hey guys, check this out: Link.

I saw this Tony Anthony video on Youtube and left a comment about the book being a hoax:

Larty42:

"I have read the book, and I know Tony Anthony's story is a hoax. He can't present a shred of evidence of any of his claims he made in the book. Anthony should know that lying is a sin, but I'm sure the fraudster doesn't even believe in God."

Some Christian nut actually responded:

"How dare you can even say that! Tony Anthony isn't that talented as a writer, that's why he had a co-writer Angela Little. And why would he be lying? He travels in God's name without any profit, only to help the prisoners and the people he meets. You're so ignorant, get your own life!"

To which I also replied (read it on the page). I wonder how this debate plays out? That is, if there's anything to debate about at all. Smiling

Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3400
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
just FYI, there is an

just FYI, there is an international kung-fu federation.  i googled it and went to their website.  but they go by IKF, not IKFF, and they're based in baku, azerbaijan, not geneva, switzerland, like he says in his video.  there's nothing about him on the website.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3400
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
btw, is there any footage of

btw, is there any footage of this guy actually DEMONSTRATING kung-fu?


Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
Posts: 410
Joined: 2008-11-14
User is offlineOffline
My martial arts training

My martial arts training began while I was still in the womb, and I had mastered Dim Mak Wang Chung SpyrGyra Spitting Llama stye Kung Fu by the second trimester. By the eighth month I was 207th Dan in Kung Fu and held 874 black belts in karate, including 22 styles that I had invented myself. I broke the delivery room doctors arm in 5 places upon birth, and began a campaign of terror that involved time travel, the death of the dinosaurs, and the cancelling of the television series Firefly. At age 5 I walked from Texas to China, found the hidden Shaolin temple of Jedi Matrix Elves, defeated the lot of them in combat, and had the dunking of the sack ritual performed on the spot, dipping my testicles in molten tungsten, letting it cool to solidity, then palm healing it off my testicles with just one blow. This earned me the coveted title of DragonballZ, a title in which only one other mortal has ever held, Bruce Campbell.

It was during my campaign of terror that I accidently killed a man during pollen season. When I sneezed, I carelessly triggered my ah-chi, obliterating a man seated in front of me on the bus. Instead of reprimanding me, a kindly old lady exclaimed " God bless you! ", and I instantly converted to Christianity, vowing then and there to only use my evil powers for good. I spend my time now in prayer, and am far too humble to let others witness my miraculous powers of self healing, levitation, water walking, time travelling, bullet dodging, and elven dexterity.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Save a tree, eat a vegetarian.

Sometimes " The Majority " only means that all the fools are on the same side.


nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
Posts: 1868
Joined: 2008-01-25
User is offlineOffline
Desdenova wrote:. . . began

Desdenova wrote:

. . . began a campaign of terror that involved . . . the cancelling of the television series Firefly.

Damn you! Does your evil know no bounds?!?

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers


Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
Posts: 410
Joined: 2008-11-14
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:Desdenova

nigelTheBold wrote:

Desdenova wrote:

. . . began a campaign of terror that involved . . . the cancelling of the television series Firefly.

Damn you! Does your evil know no bounds?!?

I also killed Futurama. Evil incarnate, I know, I know. But have no fear, for I sneeze no more!

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Save a tree, eat a vegetarian.

Sometimes " The Majority " only means that all the fools are on the same side.


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Desdenova wrote:At age 5 I

Desdenova wrote:
At age 5 I walked from Texas to China, found the hidden Shaolin temple of Jedi Matrix Elves, defeated the lot of them in combat, and had the dunking of the sack ritual performed on the spot, dipping my testicles in molten tungsten, letting it cool to solidity, then palm healing it off my testicles with just one blow. This earned me the coveted title of DragonballZ, a title in which only one other mortal has ever held, Bruce Campbell.

 

That may wel be Des but my power level is over Nine Thousaaaaaaaaaaand!

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Palisade77 (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
I would just like to correct

I would just like to correct iwbiek in saying that it is IKFF. I googled International kung fu federation and it's got in brackets by it IKF. So please do your research more carefully please.


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Palisade77 wrote:I would

Palisade77 wrote:

I would just like to correct iwbiek in saying that it is IKFF. I googled International kung fu federation and it's got in brackets by it IKF. So please do your research more carefully please.

Here's their web site http://www.internationalkungfu.com/

Here's their logo

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.


Janine (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
To Mr or Ms Free thinking

To Mr or Ms Free thinking above - who bodly texts "Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself" You're in for a bit of a surprise. Because as sure as the sun rises in the morning and the oxgen you breath gives you life - THERE is a GOD!!! AND YOU WILL STAND BEFORE HIM ONEDAY and you will be held accountable for the time that you spent on this earth. I suggest you stop pointing fingers at people who have received what is the ONLY truth and set out to find out what it really means to be forgiven and to have someone die on your behalf so that you will have life. And know that you have been told and you have a CHOICE. Will it be life or will it be death. And when you finally realize that the choice you made has brought to the place of where you will spend eternity, know that there will be no one to blame if you decided continue in your blinding ignorance. You might think you're clever but some else owens that world of lies you live in and you don't even see it.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
I agree with the monkey on this

DamnDirtyApe wrote:

 Just once I wish one of these douchebag evangelists would be a normal guy who used to do web designs or fixed bathrooms for a living and then saw the light and stopped drinking light beer and masturbating to underwear ads in the newspaper.  It's always somebody who claims to have headed up a white slavery ring or fought Boba Fett to a draw on Ord Mantell and then had a Damascine Road experience.  

 

It's always shit like From Witchcraft to Christ.

Why not, from the checkout to christ?

Oh, and yeah to the pathetic catalogue of crimes that apply to almost every human who is going to be burned in the lake of fire.

Though in my case I was wanking to Bras & Things brochures - so you know. They're in colour....that's much worse, sin-wise.

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
I just read this

Janine wrote:

To Mr or Ms Free thinking above - who bodly texts "Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself" You're in for a bit of a surprise. Because as sure as the sun rises in the morning and the oxgen you breath gives you life - THERE is a GOD!!! AND YOU WILL STAND BEFORE HIM ONEDAY and you will be held accountable for the time that you spent on this earth. I suggest you stop pointing fingers at people who have received what is the ONLY truth and set out to find out what it really means to be forgiven and to have someone die on your behalf so that you will have life. And know that you have been told and you have a CHOICE. Will it be life or will it be death. And when you finally realize that the choice you made has brought to the place of where you will spend eternity, know that there will be no one to blame if you decided continue in your blinding ignorance. You might think you're clever but some else owens that world of lies you live in and you don't even see it.

 

And it's nice to find I'm not the only total wanker posting on the forums...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10687
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Poor janine doesn't seem

Poor janine doesn't seem qualified to figure through an intellectual response, so using one is likely pointless.

" Because as sure as the sun rises in the morning and the oxgen you breath gives you life - THERE is a GOD!!!"

NO THERE ISN'T!!!

"YOU WILL STAND BEFORE HIM ONEDAY and you will be held accountable for the time that you spent on this earth."

First, NO I WON'T!!!
Second, if it happened, he'd be held accountable by me for all his actions through the ages of Earth.

"I suggest you stop pointing fingers at people who have received what is the ONLY truth and set out to find out what it really means to be forgiven and to have someone die on your behalf so that you will have life."

Simple foolishness.

"And know that you have been told and you have a CHOICE."

Your lies are the opposite of testament to your god. So no, we have no choice but to disbelieve.

You probably think yourself smart for posting a multi-thousand year old argument word for word. You aren't.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Strafio
Strafio's picture
Posts: 1346
Joined: 2006-09-11
User is offlineOffline
Haha!!A friend of mine gave

Haha!!

A friend of mine gave me this book to read back when I was at uni.
I wasn't as sceptical then as I am now but even then I could see that it read like a movie with all the clichés.


Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliateSilver Member
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
Posts: 1388
Joined: 2007-03-29
User is offlineOffline
Janine wrote:... "Trust and

Janine wrote:

... "Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself"

Personally, I like to trust in my experiences to help me make the right decisions, 'tis true.

Janine wrote:

You're in for a bit of a surprise. Because as sure as the sun rises in the morning and the oxgen you breath gives you life - THERE is a GOD!!!

I love surprises!! Will there be a party, too? As the sun rises in one place so does it set and oxygen is necessary to live on this planet~ surely. Interesting thought *how is this proof for a man in the sky?* 

Janine wrote:

AND YOU WILL STAND BEFORE HIM ONEDAY and you will be held accountable for the time that you spent on this earth.

Explain in detail how this happens; please provide the proof you have seen and experienced that helped you draw your conclusion. kthnx

Janine wrote:

I suggest you stop pointing fingers at people who have received what is the ONLY truth and set out to find out what it really means to be forgiven and to have someone die on your behalf so that you will have life.

Define truth as it applies to this statement. What if I were to tell you someone in my life has forgiven me several times (and they can be seen and heard!) It feels good to forgive and be forgiven. It feels even better knowing hearing it through my ears and seeing the person doing the forgiving!

Janine wrote:

And know that you have been told and you have a CHOICE. Will it be life or will it be death. And when you finally realize that the choice you made has brought to the place of where you will spend eternity, know that there will be no one to blame if you decided continue in your blinding ignorance. You might think you're clever but some else owens that world of lies you live in and you don't even see it.

When a person has has a decision to make, they will weigh their choices based on several things ~ as outcomes can't always be determined, the factors considered may rely on what is the logical outcome. There is no logic behind dying then existing again (in either eternal glory or eternal hellfire)~ Only WISHFUL THINKING ~

I choose LIFE. Life right now, right here, in the moment. I am sure your 'maker' appreciates the time you have spent proselytizing to us here on this board. Perhaps he will have a special room for you when your self-serving, arrogant, ignorant, sycophant-esque  'soul' appears before him on your judgement day.

Parasite.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/


overseas (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Tony Bullshi-tony in Romania

This guy just had a tour in Romania and Ukraine. I just found about him after his visit, so I did not meet him yet.

I am a christian and in my opinion this Tony is incredibly fraudulent. I bumped into your thread looking on the net for confirmation of his spectacular life Smiling I already started to warn my fellow believers here locally. BTW I had some chinese arts training some time ago so I have some discernment on this matter. His book is a compilation of scenes from Jackie Chan movies.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13686
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:"Lying

JillSwift wrote:

"Lying Evangelist"

Isn't that a tautology?

That's like the old joke, "You know how to tell when a politician is lying? Their lips are moving."

You know how to tell when a "holy man" is lying? Their lips are moving.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
Posts: 223
Joined: 2009-02-19
User is offlineOffline
 You are not completely

 You are not completely taken by surprise by this are you?


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
 psssst....Janine.... you

 psssst....Janine.... you need to have an orgasm, sister...

 

Tony Anthony is friggin' spectacular... right up there with my favorite duplicitous Christian CockSockets, Tony Alamo, Ray Comfort, and Creflo Dollar... The major dilemma I have is how do choose which bit of fundamentalist gold to use when they prattle on for my audiences' entertainment....


BIBO (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
About the Tony Anthony story

About the Tony Anthony story not being true. Im still not sure myself but IKF has only been around since 1998 (well thats what the website says anyway) so they wouldnt of heard him as he claimed to be world champion in 1987 etc. I actually asked him to proove it on his site and he then said he would send me his DVD with the interviews of the trainers,etc. I watched it and it seems to proove it but you can make your own mind up.


BIBO (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Im not sure about this Tony

Im not sure about this Tony bloke either so I emailed him to ask him. He then sent me a free DVD which had intervires with trainers and clips etc. It seemed pretty clear but yeah I dont believe all of what he states.


Anonymous1337 (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
find out the basic facts

find out the basic facts before you say someone is lying ... First of all, he says 3 times, while reading the book, it is more than you're saying ...

You can search by his coach as he deals with the Kung Fu Master has created ... You are good at writing your sentences, but you asserted things that you do not even know anything about yourself! Start by reading this book, you can then come and say something. I can see that you have not read the book ... Put it down to which argument when you do not actually read the whole book.! Then you can feel free to look at more facts on what you say about him!Herself thinks he seem a wonabe but you do not pull down his landlord as a liar when you do not have any facts on who he is or what you write and what you say is 100% truth ...

Mv one that does not bother him but .. you talk good shit ...
 


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3400
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
does anyone have any videos

does anyone have any videos of him demonstrating something complicated enough to merit his claims?  or demonstrating anything at all, for that matter?  if he really was a world champion, there should be fight videos everywhere.  i shouldn't need to order a dvd.  just post a link or embed a youtube video, then case closed.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


neptewn
Silver Member
neptewn's picture
Posts: 296
Joined: 2007-06-25
User is offlineOffline
 Chiun "Karate, Kung Fu,

 Chiun "Karate, Kung Fu, Ninjitsu - they are but shadows. Sinanju is the Sun".

Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer. - William S. Burroughs


Jukado (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Taming The Tiger

An old Uni mate sent me this book (Taming The Tiger) in the post last month. He did this because he is a converted Christian who is now a preacher and I am a Martial Artist. I read the book and at first was very interested, but as soon as he started on about maiming several guys in a brothel to rescue his cousin I just didn't beleive it. His story of kicking his giant basketball player room mate in the chest is basically a reverse of Bruce Lee getting kicked in the chest by Kareem Abdul Jabbar (a basketball player who is 7"2) in 'Tower of Death'. He probably didn't even realise he was drawing on this subliminally. I feel sorry for this guy, he has obviously had such little respect in his life that he has to make up things that frankly a little child would normally do. My preacher friend has actually fallen out with me over this so it just goes to show, most religion is not interested in facts or opposing points of view.


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
facts?

Jukado wrote:

My preacher friend has actually fallen out with me over this so it just goes to show, most religion is not interested in facts or opposing points of view.

Religion is NEVER about facts, it is all about self-delusion.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.