Hello from INDIA

Serpent
User is offlineOffline
Hello from INDIA

Hello

I am Roy from INDIA.

Bought up in a orthodox christian family, but 'escaped' at the age of 25, Now 38.

Enterpreneur and programmer, in software field

Reached here while I was searching for a nice anti-religious quote to be written on the back glass of my car.(Sugessions are welcome)

Regards

“If the account given in Genesis is really true, ought we not, after all, to thank this serpent? He was the first schoolmaster, the first advocate of learning, the first enemy of ignorance, the first to whisper in human ears the sacred word liberty,” Robert Green Ingersoll

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Here's a pithy slogan

Here's a pithy slogan that I saw on another atheist website:   "26,000 children will die of starvation today.  Why should God answer your prayers ?"

Edit: [ corrected typo errors ]

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!You

Welcome to the hizzle!

You could read some of the taglines here for an idea, or one I like is "Religious war is people killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend. "

There's also a thread around here about anti-religious quotes...

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's the thread to which

Here's the thread to which Matt is referring.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Namaste

Geehala and welcome on board. What can you tell us about India and  how you got there.

Try this slogan   "I have a non-prophet life style."

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi hi! =^_^=

Hi hi! =^_^=

Serpent
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote: ..  how

Jeffrick wrote:

how you got there.

I am sorry ,I didnt get you.

I am born and bought up in INDIA, for 'christian'  parents. Somehow I was pulled out. I havent seen or heard  a ethiest or read a ethiest article until I was 25 years . But somehow I always felt what my parents suggesting is simply nonsence. I always made argumernts in my mind against so called god who doesn't feed starving kids. At 25 I got chance to declare it openly.

May be in my 'previous' life,  I might have been somebody slaughtered by christians. I think that is the only reason why I always felt an inherent hatred against christianity.

Regards

“If the account given in Genesis is really true, ought we not, after all, to thank this serpent? He was the first schoolmaster, the first advocate of learning, the first enemy of ignorance, the first to whisper in human ears the sacred word liberty,” Robert Green Ingersoll

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
sorry to confuse

What part of India are you from?  You did not mention where you were born and raised, Canadian myself though raised in U.S. of A.

My wifes family trace their roots back (5 generations) to the village of Sankhar - near Kallkutt.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Serpent wrote:I am born and

Serpent wrote:

I am born and bought up in INDIA, for 'christian'  parents. Somehow I was pulled out. I havent seen or heard  a ethiest or read a ethiest article until I was 25 years . But somehow I always felt what my parents suggesting is simply nonsence. I always made argumernts in my mind against so called god who doesn't feed starving kids. At 25 I got chance to declare it openly.

Well, welcome. It's a good group of folks here.

Quote:

May be in my 'previous' life,  I might have been somebody slaughtered by christians. I think that is the only reason why I always felt an inherent hatred against christianity.

I think some folks are just more analytic that others. Some of us look at a puzzle and try to come up with a rational solution. We tend to recognize nonsense when we see it. It seems you are just one of those people. It's seems you just didn't know there were others in the world who also are rational enough to see this as nonsense.

Welcome. I hope you stick around.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Aboard. This quote

Welcome Aboard. This quote is pulled from another fav website of mine. www.religioustolerance.org

Annie Besant, in "The Gospel of Atheism:" "[N]o philosophy, no religion, has ever brought so glad a message to the world as this good news of Atheism."

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Roy.

Welcome Roy.

Serpent
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

What part of India are you from? 

Thanks for all the posts. Nice to be here with you people. I will be around.

I am from Cochin, one of the port cities in South india. The name of the province or state is Kerala. 

Eventhough INDIA is dominated by Hindu religion,(Actually Hindu is not a religion, it is a mixture of different type of worships. Thousands of Gods, many of them are delegated with supervisery powers for different arenas of human life. We have gods for wind,rain etc and even a God for Sex. Sex God is called KamaDevan and he is very 'dangerous', he has a arrow called 'kamaBanam' at his disposal. He may choose to launch the arrow towards you at anytime and immediatly you will loose your senses and will look around to locate a mate to   climb upon or cling to - rest is obvious. Such very 'usefull' gods are around here) my part of the country Kerala is having a substantial Christian population. Christians are Generally wealthy(Not because of 'Jehova', but I felt beacuse of the missionary sponsered education made them more shrewed compared to the less complex hindus or muslims around). I never intend to say that all christians are wealthy, what i am proposing is many of the business owners or landlords are christians in northern part of our state. 

Communal issues are also one of the best games around in our country, but not in our part very popular as christians here are not brave to fight risking their lifes. So Hindus and muslims generally do fighting sponsard by the ruling class in INDIA.

As a general rule, beliving in god and attributing all good incidents of ones life to gods grace is a big fashion here also. If you had to be a decent and aristocratic person you need to say 'by Gods grace' ( The terminilogy changes as per your religion!)

"Non -belivers are a creed of people that comes someway between a drug addict and a terrorist- mainly derived from perverted communists"- this is the popular concept. Here it is defenitly not a good idea to be a non- beliver openly before marriage. You may have to choose your spouse from a few 100 openly declared non belivers in the entire state. That will create  serious trouble if you want to live in harmony in home with parents.

Actually there are thousands of non belivers here (Like anywhere in the world!) But all of them are using the mask of belivers. majority of christians personally is not beliving  bible, but they think they do.

We have some very good authors here in this field. 'Edamaruku' was the best I belive. He is no more. Real loss to the movement here.

Regards

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey dude.

Hey dude.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Serpent wrote:Sex God is

Serpent wrote:

Sex God is called KamaDevan and he is very 'dangerous', he has a arrow called 'kamaBanam' at his disposal. 

My "dangerous arrow" is named similarly. They're probably just worshipping me. It happens.

Welcome to the forums! Enjoy.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence