Anyone else small?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anyone else small?

...Because we need to form a lobbying group, I think. Sticking out tongue

Seriously. I'm so sick of being greeted by prospective employers and treated around a workplace like I go home to a room full of stuffed animals and Fisher Price toys. I'm sure I'm not the only person under 6 feet tall and wieghing under 120 lbs that gets treated by their professional or casual acquaintances like they're 13 or so years old - and, man, does it ever get old quick.

Guess what, motherfucker? I want equal pay to that 6'8" megalith over there that I work just as many hours as and put in the same effort as. And I want you to stop saying, "Oh, Kevin - we don't do that here..." every time I do something incorrectly. And I want you to stop using terms like 'big guy' and 'champ' and 'boss' when referring to me. And if you hand me a rag to go do a bullshit pre-adolescent job like 'dusting the shelves' one more fucking time, imma shove that Goddamn thing right down your throat (...after I find a step-ladder to get up that high. Sticking out tongue ).

Man. At least when I move to Korea, I'll get to play on the other side of that table. >Smiling

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, it sucks. I'm about

Yeah, it sucks. I'm about 5'4" though I weigh around 170. There's been studies establishing shorter people get treated worse than taller people.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, Kevin - we don't whinge

Oh, Kevin - we don't whinge and complain like that here ...

But don't worry about it, Champ.  It's the internets after all, people will move on.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Sounds like a cry for help

Sounds like a cry for help to me.  Kevin, let me put you on my training and nutrition program.  I've gotten skinny vegetarians up to a 200 lb bench press before (Ok, one vegetarian.  And he died, but that wasn't my fault).  You have to settle for your height, but nobody has to settle for being a scrawny monkey with the DamnDirtyApe's plan!

(The DamnDirtyApe's plan is not responsible for any injuries to your person or the harm that constant passage of foul odors will do to your social relationships) 

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am 172cm (5'6.5&quot tall

I am 172cm (5'6.5" ) tall and for the longest time I weighed barely 54Kg (120lbs).  Perhaps it is just my mentality, but when I entered the work force (not counting summer jobs during high school) at the start of university, it was as a supervisor at Starbucks.  Of course, at the time I started I was 18, but once, when I was 21, someone thought I was lying about my position (this was while I was working no less) because, 'No one your age could be a supervisor'!  Heck, I'm 23 now and nearly everyone in my office thinks I'm 19... and that's probably only because it's an office.  And, I'm the shortest male here, minus hunches (there are some very old people indeed on the board). 

It's actually kind of embarrassing because while my position is entry level, other people who I know to be my age, who have bachelors in the particular field of work done in the office, don't associate with me because of my perceived age, some people think I'm incompetent, older male workers especially and the older women all think I'm the most adorable boy... because I'm so young! -Except I'm not.  I wonder what they'd think if they all knew I was 23 and had a degree?  Would their perceptions change?  Is it better to be the cute young kid, or is it better to be the short guy?  All of which is probably complicated by the fact that I'm gay and if you can't tell, you're deaf and blind.  That's not to say I don't get treated quite well or with due respect, I actually do... just not well in the way or with the kind of respect you give a co-worker in an office.

(I can attest to DamnDirtyApes comment on odour.  Eating lots of green things, roots and bean will make you smell... bad!... Of course, I put myself on my own plan and now I weigh 62Kg, much of which weight is new muscle.  Couldn't have done it without meat though.  I love me my meat.)

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:   

Thomathy wrote:

Couldn't have done it without meat though.  I love me my meat.)

We already knew you were gay!

(sorry, couldn't resist. )

I also tend to look young for my age. People say I don't look any different from high school:

Me in 1991

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dammit, Matt!  Exploiting

Dammit, Matt!  Exploiting me when I set myself up! *shakes fist* Sticking out tongue

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
In short, Kevin, I am

In short, Kevin, I am 'small' and I do sympathize with you.  But, you either need to work with it or learn to work it to your advantage in some way.  I'm afraid some of the most common problems with being a short male probably don't apply to gays. (Also, I do notice that disproportionate number of gay men are shorter than 5'10".)

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:or learn to work it to

Quote:
or learn to work it to your advantage in some way.

Well, to be fair, I do get to play the 'hapless naivity' card more times that I ought to be able to. Screw something up real bad?

"Oh, gee whiz, I'm so sorry. I had no idea that would happen / what that would do / that's not what you were asking me to do,"

Sticking out tongue

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
That can work for most

That can work for most people. If you don't like doing something, fuck it up really bad. Then they don't ask you to do it anymore (this only works if you haven't done it well before at the same place. )

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Kevin,Like you, I'm only

Kevin,

Like you, I'm only 5' 7" and weighed about 132 from the time I was 16 until I was about 48, now I'm about 150.  I also had the baby face look as well. When I was 32 I was the manager of a CAD/CAM dept in very large computer company. Most people thought I was a new grad. I was promoted to a R & D management position with lots of outside vendor contact by the time I was 35. We would go to various companies and I had engineers with me that looked 60. Of course people thought at first they were the one they needed to impress, not me. That tended to really piss me off.

The best thing about looking younger all these years has been the ability to date women far younger than I am. Hope this continues.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Dray
User is offlineOffline
Facial hair does wonders for

Facial hair does wonders for making people look older, and I dont mean a soulpatch either.  Go Abe Lincoln Style and you'll be running the place in no time.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
"I am Giant""Enemy team is

"I am Giant"

"Enemy team is babies!"

"Om nomnomnom om nom"

-Heavy Weapons Guy

I think that sums it up nicely ;-p

What Would Kharn Do?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
problem?

I've never had that problem myself Kevin; go figure, I'm  190cm and 110 kg. but  I do have lots of cousins that call me the short skinny guy.

At public events (especially sporting events) the smaller people make the most noise;  or as one person put it,  "big man,   Big mouth;  small man, bigger mouth."

If your looking for words of comfort from me for your whinning,  keep looking.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
Under 6'... checkUnder 120

Under 6'... check

Under 120 lbs... check

Gets treated like a 13 year old... CHECK

At 5'1" and 113 lbs, I get that all the time... "Oh wow you're in college?? I assumed you were in high school... or middle school..."

"So are you a freshman?" I'm a senior...

Both sides of my family tend to look younger than they are, so I have a young-looking face as well, which doesn't help matters. I look like I'm somewhere in the 16-18 range, when I'm actually 21. As a kid, I was the runt of the class all through elementary school, so I was always that kid that people liked to try to pick up and then end up dropping on her head. hmm.. no wonder I joined cheerleading.

I'm really lucky to currently work in an environment where almost everyone is short (most of the women are 5'4" and under, and most of the guys are 5'10" and under) so I don't get discriminated against by anyone except the furniture - we have step stools all over the place to reach the higher cabinets, haha. But out in the real world it happens all the time. People call me "cutie" or "sweetie" or "champ," and you can always tell that they use a different tone of voice with you - kind of like when people talk in a high-pitched cutesy voice to babies, but not as exaggerated.

The worst is when men try to pick me up at bars. The shorter ones actually treat me like a normal person, which is why I usually end up dating them (much to the confusion of the tall ones). But the 6'+ guys that are twice my size are a little creepy. These guys are the same age as I am, but instead of approaching me as though I'm the mature, intelligent 21-yr-old that I am, I get treated like I'm their kid sister or something. They come up to me with a saccharine voice like "heyy cutie, you want something to drink? Here I know what you want..." before I can say "Yes, I'd like a gin and tonic" or "No thank you" or "Fuck off." The look in their eyes usually says 'she looks like she's 12. she must be naive and innocent. this is gonna be sooo easy...' Where's Chris Hansen when you need him?

At any rate, I've embraced my petiteness. It's definitely shaped my personality; I probably would not be the same bubbly cute person if I was bigger, and so I couldn't imagine being at a size other than what I am.  But I do have some requests for the taller people that we share the world with:

1) Stop squinting at my ID. Yes that's really me; yes I'm really old enough to buy liquor/cigarettes/adult products/whatever.

2) My head is not an arm rest.

3) Don't say anything when you get in the car after I've been driving. Yes the seat is moved up to the wheel. Yes, that's the only way my feet reach the pedals.

4) No I can't reach that shelf up there. Instead of laughing, maybe you could be a dear and get what I need for me.

5) Stop complaining that half my lights are burned out. I can't reach the ceiling, even on a chair or bed, so I'm forced to wait until my brother or dad comes to visit to change my lightbulbs. Unless you'd like to do it, that is...

6) No more "You must be this tall to ride this ride" jokes.

7) That thing you do where you squat down to my level and look around like "whoaaa how do you see anything when you're all the way down here?" You just answered your own question.

PS - Kevin, you will LOVE Korea. When I went to Japan, it was like the place had been built for me. Seats where your feet touch the ground... food portions that are actually appropriate to your size... counters that you can see over... people whose heads you can see over... giant Hello Kitty stores... arcades filled with DDR   Everyone else in my group was 5'7" and above, so it was funny to see the tables turned. They struggled with finding enough to eat, and the rest of the girls gave up on finding clothes they could fit into while I was running all over the Harajuku district. Anyways, if it's not too much trouble, do you think you could send me a Korean mail-order husband?

Dray
User is offlineOffline
I'm a 6'8" megalith, but us

I'm a 6'8" megalith, but us giants arent the ones you need to worry about.  Everyone is short to me, so I don't treat short people different.  It's those normies you gotta look out for... maybe they feel inadequate to us giants, and use the shorter people to take out their agression on.  I know i'm treated differently being tall, and i'm tired of telling people I don't play basketball (i'm a hockey kind of guy, even if I look funny on blades... and theres not much ice in California).

An old saying of my people is "Don't be afraid, I'm a Gentle Giant!" - so let us rise up, and in my case, down, and band together against the normies!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
greek goddess

greek goddess wrote:

Anyways, if it's not too much trouble, do you think you could send me a Korean mail-order husband?

If you're looking for a guy not much taller than you, well... come to Pennsylvania here. And I speak perfect English already. And won't stink the place up with that Kim Chee stuff.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think I'm about 4 feet, 4

I think I'm about 4 feet, 4 inches.  I've never specifically measured but I will say the 4 ft. novelty tree I put up for our Festivus party is giving me some serious competition. 

pablotar
pablotar's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I'm 5'7.  My wife is 5'8

I'm 5'7.  My wife is 5'8 barefoot. When she puts on 4" heels She looks even hotter. 

I don't mind being short...

Eden had a 25% murder rate and incest was rampant.

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
Kevin, I'm 6ft and i know

Kevin, I'm 6ft and i know what you are talking about, i see many of my co-workers talk to the height-challenged people like they are children and it annoys me. I am used to being the short person since the majority of my family is over 6'5" and I'm "normal". (ex. houses that are specially build and so i have to get ladders to get to light bulbs because i can't reach them either)

but, i would take people thinking i look younger any day over people thinking i look older. Tuesday i was at work and me and the Frito Lay vendor were talking and she said something and i told her i had just graduated high school last year and she goes "WTF?! I'm 45, i thought you were at least 27." and that is a normal response. That makes me almost 10 years older since I'm only 19. So, the grass isn't any greener over here... sorry. BTW we still treat each other bad over here we just make poor sex jokes about penis length instead.

Diagoras23
atheist
Diagoras23's picture
User is offlineOffline
DIE MUTANTS

I am 6'2" blonde and blue eyed.

I shall purge all mutants with flame!

Oh and I am fully into short chicks.

lol

Is this even a real post Kev?

Kev can be Master, the 6'8" mutant can be Blaster.

You guys are too nice. Don't you ever bag each other out?

Who would want to finish what they have said with the same thing everytime?

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
greek goddess wrote:5) Stop

greek goddess wrote:

5) Stop complaining that half my lights are burned out. I can't reach the ceiling, even on a chair or bed, so I'm forced to wait until my brother or dad comes to visit to change my lightbulbs. Unless you'd like to do it, that is...

I'll come over and change your lightbalbs...

I'm 5'7" and 140 lbs. I don't really get that a lot. Maybe I'm normy enough, or maybe they just know I'm better than them at everything.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline

Eye-wink Sticking out tongue Laughing out loud

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm 5"8, and therefore am 

I'm 5"8, and therefore am  just slightly shorter than average but I never ever get any problems for it, because owing to a combination of highly mesomorphic body type, competitive rowing and strength training, I'm nearly 100kg, and am nearly always physically stronger than men who are taller but weight the same.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
greek goddess wrote:The

greek goddess wrote:

The worst is when men try to pick me up at bars. The shorter ones actually treat me like a normal person, which is why I usually end up dating them (much to the confusion of the tall ones). But the 6'+ guys that are twice my size are a little creepy. These guys are the same age as I am, but instead of approaching me as though I'm the mature, intelligent 21-yr-old that I am, I get treated like I'm their kid sister or something. They come up to me with a saccharine voice like "heyy cutie, you want something to drink? Here I know what you want..." before I can say "Yes, I'd like a gin and tonic" or "No thank you" or "Fuck off." The look in their eyes usually says 'she looks like she's 12. she must be naive and innocent. this is gonna be sooo easy...' Where's Chris Hansen when you need him?

i can completely see this and i got news for ya: those guys are called douchebags and they annoy everybody, not just short girls, though i'm sure they annoy you in different ways.  let me guess, they're dressed in one of two ways: 1. a halfway open fitted button-down from abercrombie and fitch with no t-shirt underneath, completely hairless chest with some annoying rawhide necklace doo-dad or maybe a chain, ridiculously gelled and highlighted hair, plenty of mantan, drenched in axe, and wear flipflops, or 2. a bright pink polo with a popped collar, backwards baseball cap that's been artificially distressed (along with their jeans), plenty of mantan, drenched in axe, and wearing flipflops.  they call all their buddies "bro," or worse, "bra," and are completely incapable of attempting to make intelligent conversation without making you laugh uproariously, either internally or externally.

oh, and they drink bottled beer.  in my opinion, anybody who would go to a bar and drink bottled beer rather than draught when they have a choice is just an idiot.

myself, i was always very attracted to tiny women because i found that almost invariably the tiny women were more likely to be intelligent.  i don't know why, but that was always my experience.  that's ironic, since my wife in heels is taller than me.

oh, and just so i don't come off as trying to sound superior, everybody adopts an image in a bar, including me.  i just never could stand the douchebag image.  as a musician, i always tried to pull off the bob dylan "i'm so deep and i don't give a shit if you get me or not" type image.  quiet artist type but not overly artistic and disdainful of intellectualism; some other college kid with a chip on his shoulder would try to show me up with a kierkegaard quote or something and i would contemptuously mutter some homespun woody guthrie aphorism or else just tell him "fuck off."  as you can see, i developed it obsessively.  surprisingly, it often worked with precisely the kind of girls i was after.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry, can't relate. I'm

Sorry, can't relate. I'm about 6'1 ft, 1.8 m Maybe 160 lb?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Sorry,

butterbattle wrote:

you're lucky.  i inherited my grandfather's build: short, stocky, 5'10", around 190 lbs.  170 was the lowest i could ever get, though a fair portion of it is muscle.  it actually makes one very handy in a scrap, because of the low center of gravity.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
User is offlineOffline
greek goddess wrote:2) My

greek goddess wrote:

2) My head is not an arm rest.

3) Don't say anything when you get in the car after I've been driving. Yes the seat is moved up to the wheel. Yes, that's the only way my feet reach the pedals.

4) No I can't reach that shelf up there. Instead of laughing, maybe you could be a dear and get what I need for me.

LOL, my little sister had the same rant.

Quote:
6) No more "You must be this tall to ride this ride" jokes.
We have a really cute picture of my little sister posing next to a "you must be this tall" stick at Cedar Point.  Yes, her eyes were rolling.

Quote:
7) That thing you do where you squat down to my level and look around like "whoaaa how do you see anything when you're all the way down here?" You just answered your own question.
My sister doesn't think that's funny either...

Quote:
I get treated like I'm their kid sister or something.
DOH!

"I've yet to witness circumstance successfully manipulated through the babbling of ritualistic nonsense to an imaginary deity." -- me (josh)

If god can do anything, can he make a hot dog so big even he can't eat all of it?

hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Seriously. I'm so sick of being greeted by prospective employers and treated around a workplace like I go home to a room full of stuffed animals and Fisher Price toys. I'm sure I'm not the only person under 6 feet tall and wieghing under 120 lbs that gets treated by their professional or casual acquaintances like they're 13 or so years old - and, man, does it ever get old quick.

I know how you feel, imagine living life as a completely non special ordinary 6 feet tall... sigh...  Not 5'11" not 6'1", just plain old 6'.  People treat me like I'm so average.

Btw, do you think you shorties could wear bells or flag helmets or something?  I hate turning around a cubicle to have the crap startled out of me by someone I never saw coming.

jk

"I've yet to witness circumstance successfully manipulated through the babbling of ritualistic nonsense to an imaginary deity." -- me (josh)

If god can do anything, can he make a hot dog so big even he can't eat all of it?

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
I relate, Kevin, I'm not

I relate, Kevin, I'm not only a small person (I only reached 5 feet tall at 18) but my facial features are extremely childlike, I've been hit up for age identification by people half my age and I was 26 years old when I started at university but that was cool actually because I was spared the usual "mature age" student issues since nobody even began to suspect that I was one.

However, here's a story for you that could make you feel a bit better.

When I was 17 and certified fresh out of high school I went out to find employment for the first time in my life. In one case I was about half way through a job interview when the interviewer held up her hand at me and said the following:

"Here's what I believe. -- You are a liar, You are not as old as you say you are and that is not your high school certificate."

I kid you not, this happened... and she went on further to say "You are not a 17 year old, you are a child and you are wasting my time with lies, Go away." 

In about the last three years my looks have kind of turned a corner and I officially have facial features which are indicative of adulthood, I'm now 33 and I can pass for over 18 without hassles -- only one and a half decades later than my peers... 

At this time in my life it's not bothering me like it used to do, but not so long ago I felt exactly as you, Kevin, that small people need a lobby group. A major misconception about human development exists which dictates that the people we are do not exist, therefore we must be what others insist we are... and liars if we dare to defy. Yep.. It sucks.

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:butterbattle

iwbiek wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

you're lucky.  i inherited my grandfather's build: short, stocky, 5'10", around 190 lbs.  170 was the lowest i could ever get, though a fair portion of it is muscle.  it actually makes one very handy in a scrap, because of the low center of gravity.

So true - you always have to look out for the stocky guy. I'm 5'10", too, I'm just built like GSP. If you don't know who GSP is, first of all, SHAME. Second, look him up.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Short people need to carry

Short people need to carry hand guns.  The next time a bigger person tries to impress you with their "superior" stature, just point Mr. Bang Bang directly at their head and threaten to paint the wall with their brains....they'll respect you, I promise.  Handguns aren't called "equalizers" for nothing, dude.

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm 5'8" and 155lbs (last

I'm 5'8" and 155lbs (last time I checked), but I don't tend to get that much trouble for my height or my somewhat twiggy build. The most trouble my size has ever caused me thus far is that I get carded a lot (less often if I haven't shaved recently)---and, yes, like GG said: I HATE IT when they hold up your card and squint and turn it and squint and turn it... jesus fucking christ already. I get called "babyface" by female bartenders.

But I kind of like looking younger than I am. I like surprising people when they ask "Are you 21?" and I'm like "I'm 24".... with an unspoken "bitches" attached to the end.

I also like it that the younger girls think I'm their age. I can still pass for 18. =]

And I also look at it this way: When everyone my age gets old, they will be pruney and wrinkly and leatherfaced. Especially if they tan. But me... I'll still be looking younger and winking at the younger (by which I mean 60-year-old instead of 70-year-old) ladies. I might even look younger STILL since I never tanned and didn't develop leather face.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Short

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Short people need to carry hand guns.  The next time a bigger person tries to impress you with their "superior" stature, just point Mr. Bang Bang directly at their head and threaten to paint the wall with their brains....they'll respect you, I promise.  Handguns aren't called "equalizers" for nothing, dude.

No way, the head's too far away.  You'll never hit it trying to aim up at it.  Aim straight and shoot for the crotch instead.

Oh, and I'm not tall, I'm average, so no need to shoot me.

hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eloise wrote:When I was 17

Eloise wrote:
When I was 17 and certified fresh out of high school I went out to find employment for the first time in my life. In one case I was about half way through a job interview when the interviewer held up her hand at me and said the following:

"Here's what I believe. -- You are a liar, You are not as old as you say you are and that is not your high school certificate."

I kid you not, this happened... and she went on further to say "You are not a 17 year old, you are a child and you are wasting my time with lies, Go away."

Holy crap, did you report that to the authorities?  That's so wrong.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote: So true

HisWillness wrote:

So true - you always have to look out for the stocky guy. I'm 5'10", too, I'm just built like GSP. If you don't know who GSP is, first of all, SHAME. Second, look him up.

Will, I'm assuming from your present avatar that you didn't go all the way with your GSP comparison and opt for the shaved head ?  

.....oh, by the way, due to my excellent genetics, I inherited the build of Polish strong man Marius Pudzianowski.

..........NOT !!!

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Will,

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Will, I'm assuming from your present avatar that you didn't go all the way with your GSP comparison and opt for the shaved head ?   

That picture was taken a couple of weeks after my head was fully shaved. Come to think of it, I don't think I have a picture of myself with my head shaved. That's weird - it's my regular summer haircut. Anyway, the bottom line is that GSP is pretty much my body double. Only he would completely destroy me in sparring. I can't even imagine how easily he would embarrass me. I don't want to think about it. GSP = awesome.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:GSP =

HisWillness wrote:
GSP = awesome.
Meh.  I wouldn't kick him out of my bedroom.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Guess what, motherfucker? I want equal pay to that 6'8" megalith over there that I work just as many hours as and put in the same effort as. And I want you to stop saying, "Oh, Kevin - we don't do that here..." every time I do something incorrectly. And I want you to stop using terms like 'big guy' and 'champ' and 'boss' when referring to me. And if you hand me a rag to go do a bullshit pre-adolescent job like 'dusting the shelves' one more fucking time, imma shove that Goddamn thing right down your throat (...after I find a step-ladder to get up that high. Sticking out tongue ).

Man. At least when I move to Korea, I'll get to play on the other side of that table. >Smiling

Yea but if you do that you'll have to compete in ping pong, all orientals play ping pong, and all blacks play basket ball and all atheists have no morals. Geeze man, if you would just live up to your stereotype you wouldn't make people feel uncomfortable when you bring up objections to the way you are treated.

Now if you'll excuse me I have goat's blood to drink and a moon to howl at.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm 6'4" and around 215 lbs.

I'm 6'4" and around 215 lbs. I can't relate to any of what you said Kevin, what exactly do you do for a living?

iwbiek wrote:

oh, and they drink bottled beer.  in my opinion, anybody who would go to a bar and drink bottled beer rather than draught when they have a choice is just an idiot.

myself, i was always very attracted to tiny women because i found that almost invariably the tiny women were more likely to be intelligent.  i don't know why, but that was always my experience.  that's ironic, since my wife in heels is taller than me.

I drink bottled beer in a pub and take offense to this comment. Many bars don't properly maintain their beer lines and/or let their kegs go bad. While I prefer draught, I also prefer my beer not to taste skunky.

I'm glad that some men prefer the tiny women, because I've found that physically once you get too small, the parts just don't match up that well. Nothing like having to go to the chiropractor because of an extended kissing session on a couch, or needing to bolster up the bed will pillows so that the parts line up properly during sex.

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
stillmatic wrote:I'm glad

stillmatic wrote:

I'm glad that some men prefer the tiny women, because I've found that physically once you get too small, the parts just don't match up that well. Nothing like having to go to the chiropractor because of an extended kissing session on a couch, or needing to bolster up the bed will pillows so that the parts line up properly during sex.

o_O i always thought thats what the appeal was... *shrug*

What Would Kharn Do?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I agree nothing wrong with

I agree nothing wrong with drinking bottled beer in a bar - some bars only have shitty beer on tap (Budweiser, Miller, etc) and have decent ones only in bottles.

Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
User is offlineOffline
At 5'11, I am the second

At 5'11, I am the second shortest male member of my extended family, with only my middle brother being shorter. We both get teased at family reunions as being the runts. Most of the women in my family are petite. One sister is 5'2 and our baby sis is 4'10. Having seen what hellish spitfires they are and comparing it to one of my 5'4 male friends success in fistfights against guys well over a foot taller and 80 pounds heavier, I learned early to never underestimate a person based on their height.

For reasons I can't understand, I get accused of being a giant by people only an inch or two shorter than me. I usually tell them that they haven't met my baby brother or cousin Jeff yet. Both are 6'4 and dwarf me.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Save a tree, eat a vegetarian.

Sometimes " The Majority " only means that all the fools are on the same side.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
stillmatic wrote:I drink

stillmatic wrote:

I drink bottled beer in a pub and take offense to this comment. Many bars don't properly maintain their beer lines and/or let their kegs go bad. While I prefer draught, I also prefer my beer not to taste skunky.

you'll have to pardon me, sir.  i guess i've been in slovakia too long, where the draught beer is almost always excellent.

still, even back home, if a bartender draws me a shitty beer, i'm likely to pay up, leave immediately, and never come back.  but then again, i almost always went to the local hole-in-the-wall joint where they new how to get beer right.  i never went to the typical college pussy-hunting hangouts, like a banana joe's or something like that, or, god forbid, applebee's or friday's, for a draught beer.  i'd rather stay at home and crack open a natty light in a fuckin' CAN, by god!

--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Desdenova wrote:At 5'11, I

Desdenova wrote:

At 5'11, I am the second shortest male member of my extended family, with only my middle brother being shorter. We both get teased at family reunions as being the runts. Most of the women in my family are petite. One sister is 5'2 and our baby sis is 4'10. Having seen what hellish spitfires they are and comparing it to one of my 5'4 male friends success in fistfights against guys well over a foot taller and 80 pounds heavier, I learned early to never underestimate a person based on their height.

Believe me,  I know not to underestimate the amount of damage a person of short stature can do.  I grew up with a friend who only attained the height of 5' and 5 inches and he could wreak havoc if he wanted to.

On top of his natural athletic ability he also attained a third degree brown belt in American style Karate which made him even more of a bad-ass.