Secular Alliance of IUB visits Creation Museum

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Secular Alliance of IUB visits Creation Museum

The Secular Alliance of IUB (at which I'm a student at)  (http://www.saiu.org) took a road trip to Ken Hamm's Creation Museum and made a video of the whole trip.

http://vimeo.com/2479296

It's on PZ Myers' blog too - http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008 ... _bucks.php

It'll be up on Youtube soon also.

Noor
User is offlineOffline

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
Part of me thinks going to

Part of me thinks going to those sort of places is a good way to see how bad people spreading ignorance  but a part of me thinks by going there you are actually funding evil by paying for tickets.

It's a bit like going to a concentration camp (a must for any educated person) but then buying a guidebook where the funds go to retired nazi guards who are now suffering hardship.

Does this musuem actually give out free tickets for its propaganda (which is what christianity is meant to do)?

Anime_Otaku
User is offlineOffline
I'm calling Godwin on that!

I'm calling Godwin on that! Creationists may be annoying and, if they get a foothold in education a little dangerous in terms of misinforming impressionable kids but they are not close to having a similar view as the Nazis did of the Jews. Though I suppose these ideas sometimes do go along with some horrible attitudes towards other groups like Homosexuals, other races and religions, though I wouldn't say they are mutualy exclusive.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
loved the video

loved the video

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline
/facepalmI think it's good

/facepalm

I think it's good to criticism them, but I wouldn't want them to have a single cent of my money.

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien

Aaron Kinney (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Worth the price x1000!!!!!

Quote:

/facepalm

I think it's good to criticism them, but I wouldn't want them to have a single cent of my money.

The money that the museum received essentially paid for this critical video. I would argue that the value of this transaction, atheistically, is sound. A small admission price for a dozen or so tickets in exchange for a well produced and highly critical video that has ALREADY been featured on Pharyngula, and its not on digg, and who knows where else it will be embedded? On how many more blogs will this video appear? How many views on vimeo and youtube? And all for the paltry price of a handful of museum tickets.

The "single cent" you complain about the museum getting, is literally the poison pill. I'd gladly pay the purchase price for this.

MustangGT
MustangGT's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is epic win! And for

This is epic win! And for those of you who criticize the fact that money was paid for the museum tickets, I suggest you educate yourself about exchange of value, and hopefully figure out that this video, and its publicity on Pharyngula and other atheist blogs/sites, is worth FAAAAAAR MORE than the relative pittance that was paid in US dollars for admission into the museum.

I bet you that if the museum staff knew about the taping, they wouldnt have sold those tickets. That alone is proof that the atheists were the ones that got the good end of this exchange.

No gods, no governments.