"You don't need to be smart, just obedient."

Heathensrule
Superfan
Heathensrule's picture
User is offlineOffline
"You don't need to be smart, just obedient."

I was flipping through the radio stations on my way home from work today and landed blindly on the always entertaining KWAVE....  They profess to be "the channel who isn't ashamed of the gospel".  I tuned in mid sermon and instantly started laughing at the douchebag who was evangelizing about how Christians, by default, produce "superior" children.  Apparently christian families are just better than everyone else.  They have better relationships and their offspring are more well rounded and intelligent, they are sexually pure, they are better with their finances and run their businesses better.  He, douchebag preacher, was going on and on about Christian righteousness and superiority, then proclaimed that "we aren't the smartest people in the world".  I about got in an accident I was laughing so hard.  It got better, imagine the stereotypical preacher voice...... his end of the sermon exclamation point on the topic of the day was "you don't need to be smart, just obedient". 

The Sermon was on Deuterotomy BTW.......?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Heathensrule wrote: I was

Heathensrule wrote:

I was flipping through the radio stations on my way home from work today and landed blindly on the always entertaining KWAVE....  They profess to be "the channel who isn't ashamed of the gospel".  I tuned in mid sermon and instantly started laughing at the douchebag who was evangelizing about how Christians, by default, produce "superior" children.  Apparently christian families are just better than everyone else.  They have better relationships and their offspring are more well rounded and intelligent, they are sexually pure, they are better with their finances and run their businesses better.  He, douchebag preacher, was going on and on about Christian righteousness and superiority, then proclaimed that "we aren't the smartest people in the world".  I about got in an accident I was laughing so hard.  It got better, imagine the stereotypical preacher voice...... his end of the sermon exclamation point on the topic of the day was "you don't need to be smart, just obedient". 

Let me translate for the holy man.

"We are the master race. We will take over eastern and western Europe, because God is with us.  Put on your black leather goose steppers and become warriors for Christ. Victory will be ours. WE ARE SUPERIOR! WE ARE BORG AND ALL OTHERS WILL BE ASSIMILATED"

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:The Sermon was on

Quote:

Hmmm, I must at least praise him for being able to pull that off.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dude, I watch the 700 club

Dude, I watch the 700 club about three times a week just to remind me why I hate theism.

SOME of these people would be decent humans if not for their religion.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
That about sums it up on how

That about sums it up on how to be a "Good Christian. "

Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
User is offlineOffline
Heathensrule wrote:.  He,

Heathensrule wrote:

.  He, douchebag preacher, was going on and on about Christian righteousness and superiority, then proclaimed that "we aren't the smartest people in the world".  I about got in an accident I was laughing so hard.  It got better, imagine the stereotypical preacher voice...... his end of the sermon exclamation point on the topic of the day was "you don't need to be smart, just obedient". 

I vas only following orders!

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Save a tree, eat a vegetarian.

Sometimes " The Majority " only means that all the fools are on the same side.

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I'm a big fan of radio

I'm a big fan of radio preaching myself, the more crazy and conspiracy-laden the better.   Scott Johnson of North Fort Myers, Florida is like a jazz musician of batshit craziness who can brilliantly improvise on any theme.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell