Kentucky's secret weapon against terrorists:God.

pablotar
pablotar's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kentucky's secret weapon against terrorists:God.

Eden had a 25% murder rate and incest was rampant.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Wow, that's fucked up. No

Wow, that's fucked up. No way that's constitutional. Of course Kentucky's state offices are probably in a trailer park.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think they should also

I think they should also have a big banner over the state Office of Homeland Security that says "GOTT MIT UNS!"

Godwin!

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
as a kentuckian who is

as a kentuckian who is goddamn proud of his home state (when people in europe ask me where i'm from, i usually say "kentucky" as opposed to "america" ), i would like to point out that our state has been highjacked by fundies just like most of the united states, and i'm fucking sick of it.  growing up, i watched assholes like ernie fletcher and US senator mitch mcconnell (an ardent supporter of all of bush's policies) climb the political ladder and i always fucking hated their guts.  even in middle school i had enough sense to hate their fucking guts.  our state was settled and founded by practical, intrepid men who were definitely spiritual in private but publically and politically firmly secular.  daniel boone came from an excommunicated quaker family and never set foot in a church if he could help it.  he liked meditating over the bible, but he also liked drinking whiskey and hunting with the "savages" and he probably shared more spiritual views with the shawnee than with the white settlers.

fundies are not the only people, nor even the majority of people, in kentucky.  as i've said several times on this forum when my state or the bible belt has been brought up, most of my family and the poor farming community they live in are sensible, stubborn, independent old-style democrats who are fairly liberal-minded where politics are concerned, and strong believers in the separation of church and state.  while most of them are cultural churchgoers, many are not.  you'd have to drag most of my family in eastern kentucky to church kicking and screaming, especially my father and all my uncles.  though they would readily tell you they believe in god and the bible, they're just not very concerned about it.  mountain people tend to be individualistic, with a live-and-let-live attitude, and, as far as they think about it all, ultimately pantheistic spiritual views. 

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Wow,

MattShizzle wrote:

Wow, that's fucked up. No way that's constitutional. Of course Kentucky's state offices are probably in a trailer park.

yeah, it's the new airstream model.  we just took the wheels off two weeks ago.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

pablotar
pablotar's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:MattShizzle

iwbiek wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

Sweet, must have been a bitch to move!

Eden had a 25% murder rate and incest was rampant.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
pablotar wrote:iwbiek

pablotar wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

yeah, and you have no idea how many cinder blocks are holding up that motherfucker.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
JillSwift wrote:I think they

JillSwift wrote:

I think they should also have a big banner over the state Office of Homeland Security that says "GOTT MIT UNS!"

Godwin!

You know most theists, especially ones not old enough, don't know what you just said. I am quite sure you ask most Jews, they know.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:JillSwift

Brian37 wrote:

JillSwift wrote:

You know most theists, especially ones not old enough, don't know what you just said. I am quite sure you ask most Jews, they know.

Sadly, you are probably right.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:

"I think they should also have a big banner over the state Office of Homeland Security that says "GOTT MIT UNS!" "

Me: What, no "ARBEIT MACHT FREI!" to go along with it?

The kicker is that these people haven't even gone far enough in their thinking processes to bother asking, "What if God is actually Allah?"  Not to mention, "What, exactly, is the state Office of Homeland Security supposed to actually do in pursuance of this God-mandate?"

Oh, wait...how silly of me...I should have known...these people don't do thinking.

Never mind.

Conor

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Co nor Wilson wrote:Me:

Co nor Wilson wrote:
Me: What, no "ARBEIT MACHT FREI!" to go along with it?
Please pardon me if I'm being serious where I should be humorous:

The parallel I was illustrating is that anyone can claim god is on their side and protecting them. Anyone. The gates of Auschwitz don't as directly relate.

Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
User is offlineOffline
If we're gonna mix Nazi

If we're gonna mix Nazi phrases and theism with national security, lets at least go with ein feist burg ist unser gott.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Save a tree, eat a vegetarian.

Sometimes " The Majority " only means that all the fools are on the same side.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Desdenova wrote:If we're

Desdenova wrote:
If we're gonna mix Nazi phrases and theism with national security, lets at least go with

ein feist burg ist unser gott.

Oh - much better fit. (should be feste, though)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
pablotar wrote:iwbiek

pablotar wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

I LIVE IN A TRAILER YEU I. D. OATS.  MI MAW IS FIXEN TO FEUD WITH YA'LL FOR THAT.......Now if you'll excuse me I am fixen to climb the local water tower to defend my sister's honor.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

pablotar
pablotar's picture
User is offlineOffline
 How about  ich bin gott

How about  ich bin gott berliner?

'cause I don't speak german either

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am god berlin? Try "ich

I am god berlin?

Try "ich bin ein berliner"

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Technically it would just be

Technically it would just be "Ich bin Berliner. " When Kennedy said that some people laughed because "ein Berliner" was slang for a jelly donut.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:

"Please pardon me if I'm being serious where I should be humorous:

The parallel I was illustrating is that anyone can claim god is on their side and protecting them. Anyone. The gates of Auschwitz don't as directly relate."

No pardon needed, Jill, and of course you're right.  I just figured that if the one was used, the other one couldn't be very far behind.

Conor

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Ya'll fixen to burn in hell.

Ya'll fixen to burn in hell. Yue leve dem gawad ferin folk alone. Alls dey wants is to make ya'll assimilate. Jebus Christ on a cracker, wuts wrong wit a thee oc race eeee?

I'm frustrated and horny, where's my sister?

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, don't knock this, after

Hey, don't knock this, after all terrorist attacks are down 100 percent in Kentucky since this was inacted. Remember all the terrorist attacks in KY before when we were a secular nation?

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:

"Ya'll fixen to burn in hell."

Me:  Ah...well...down the hatch!

Conor