Help! Trying to find a debate that I heard...

daedalus
daedalus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Help! Trying to find a debate that I heard...

and can't find again.

I thought it was on the Infidel Guy, but it doesn't seem to be there.  For all I know, it might have been by one of the RRS.

The topic was "Christianity provides a coherent worldview" - or some such title.  That was the debate, basically.

It was by some younger debaters - some up-and-comers...  I thought it was Lazerus or Kile, but can't remember.

Anyhow, it was a good debate because it really covered some great philosophical ideas, especially logic.

The format was:

Intro

Intro

Rebuttal 1

Rebuttal 1

Rebuttal 2

Rebuttal 2

Questions

Questions (in this section, the debater showed how the Xian was using circular logic, similar to Van Til, but not exactly).

Summation

Summation

Open phone questions

Does anyone know where to find this!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Help!!!

Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible was written. And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.
Isaac Asimov

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not trying to be a

I'm not trying to be a smartass, but could you be any more vague?

Using what you gave me to deduce from, the closest thing I can remember is the 'Loftus-Wood' contrivance. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have one called "Is

I have one called "Is Christianity Tenable" which is a Barker vs Loundsbery debate from Infidel Guy

but which is no longer on the site (that I could find). These are not young up-and-comers but it

was a great debate and coherence/incoherence of Christianity is talked about a bit.

daedalus
daedalus's picture
User is offlineOffline
thanks - I'll try to get

thanks - I'll try to get it.  I'm trying to make a point to someone and that debate topic is perfect.

Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible was written. And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.
Isaac Asimov

daedalus
daedalus's picture
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:I'm not

darth_josh wrote:

I'm not trying to be a smartass, but could you be any more vague?

Using what you gave me to deduce from, the closest thing I can remember is the 'Loftus-Wood' contrivance. 

hahaha  I know, I know... I heard it once and could only remember some of the generalities.  i just remember it having a very good flow, and that they hit on some of the important points from a philosophical angle.

Isaac Asimov

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
daedalus wrote:thanks - I'll

daedalus wrote:

thanks - I'll try to get it.  I'm trying to make a point to someone and that debate topic is perfect.

I have the Lounsbery vs Barker one and could email it to you if you PM me your email address. (I guess you can email a file of that size, anyway...)

I would have to do it when I get home from work though, in a couple of hours.

daedalus
daedalus's picture
User is offlineOffline
nikimoto wrote:daedalus

nikimoto wrote:

daedalus wrote:

I have the Lounsbery vs Barker one and could email it to you if you PM me your email address. (I guess you can email a file of that size, anyway...)

I would have to do it when I get home from work though, in a couple of hours.

Thanks but I just listened to it.  wow, that was Painful!  "The fact is" that guy had no facts!  So, no this isn't the one.  But thanks again.

Isaac Asimov

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline

daedalus
daedalus's picture
User is offlineOffline
nikimoto wrote:How about

No, thanks tho.  i still enjoyed it.  It looks like I gotta scour my podcast directory... :-/

Isaac Asimov