Vatican Forgives John Lennon

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Vatican Forgives John Lennon

More than 40 years late for saying the Beatles were more popular than Jesus. Guess they figured nearly 28 years in hell was enough for him. To be fair, the Vatican did make it like it was no big deal to begin with and the US was crazy to act like it was:

HERE

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's what, 315 years

That's what, 315 years sooner than they forgave Galileo?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Forgive?" Are they our

"Forgive?" Are they our king? Or are we in a court and the Pope is the judge granting us a pardon?

There is nothing to forgive. The Beatles are not subjects owned by the Vatican.

Another reason people should not worship ANYTHING. Humans shouldn't worship a god, politican, party, person, nation or even celebrity.

The Pope is no one's authority and neither are the Beatles. WE are all individuals. HUMANS, all 6 billion, are subject to the same phycology, wants and needs and flaws.

The Pope has no right to talk when he lives in a mansion and tells people not to use birth control while people credulously hang on his every word while starving and producing kids they cant afford.

He is as much a leach on society as Bin Ladin and the Taliban are.

BOTH teach you to obey divine authority while ignoring reality.

There is more than one way to get people killed(intended or not), than blowing things up. Giving people bad advise when they don't know any better, can have the same result.

The Pope is not a doctor, he is not a clinical phycologist, he is not an economist and he certainly has absoluty no authority over me.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Garbage collectors deserve

Garbage collectors deserve more respect than any "holy person". They pick up trash while "holy people" spread it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Empirical Infidel
Empirical Infidel's picture
User is offlineOffline
It think its nice that John

It think its nice that John Lennon can now play bingo in heaven.

LovE-RicH
LovE-RicH's picture
User is offlineOffline
And all Lennon said was the

And all Lennon said was the truth. They WERE bigger than any imaginary friend at the time. Compare Beatles concerts to any megachurch concert... So? Who was bigger? And who was more loved? Be honest, Ratzinger!Smiling