Good Idea for Bailout

MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Good Idea for Bailout

Almost everyone knows by now the "Big 3" US automakers want government money to keep from going under. I heard someone on CNN give a great idea - they can have it if they close all their overseas factories and bring the jobs back here (and sign a contract they can't move them back over. ) Otherwise, they don't get a penny.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3706
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Anyone in

MattShizzle wrote:
Anyone in favor of any free market policies should spend 10 years in a reeducation camp.

This is the statement I am worried about most. You're basically sending people to jail for 10 years for thoughtcrime. Room 101?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Thomathy
SuperfanBronze Member
Thomathy's picture
Posts: 1861
Joined: 2007-08-20
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:The power

MattShizzle wrote:

The power to "warn" someone or to edit threads. Siseph is an asshat that obviously has a problem with me and is stalking me thorughout the site. Explain how anyone can function in society nowadays without bowing down to the capitalists? People need to eat. Capitalists should be treated as the most vile creatures who ever crawled upon the surface of the Earth and who's utter annihalation would be a great benefit to all mankind.

Matt, you're a capitalist and you're ranting is getting annoying.  Can you think of something else to harp on about for a while.  I think we all need a break from your own brand of crazy.  You might be atheist, Matt, but you're certainly not devoid of your own irrational hangups and they're getting the better of you.


 

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."


Thomathy
SuperfanBronze Member
Thomathy's picture
Posts: 1861
Joined: 2007-08-20
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle

butterbattle wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:
Anyone in favor of any free market policies should spend 10 years in a reeducation camp.

This is the statement I am worried about most. You're basically sending people to jail for 10 years for thoughtcrime. Room 101?

Yeah, it's fucking ludicrous.  Matt is a fascist totalitarian.  It's just a good thing he can't do anything but type about it.


 

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."


Sinphanius
Sinphanius's picture
Posts: 284
Joined: 2008-06-12
User is offlineOffline
Four If you would just

Four

If you would just answer my posts satisfactorily I would leave you alone. Personally I couldn’t care less about your hack job of a belief system, I just don’t like how you advocate mass genocide and totalitarianism on a scale that would make Hitler and Stalin look like they were running a god damned lemonade stand and yet still consider yourself to be on the moral high ground because of some retardedly vain justification of how you are saving people from exploitation. All you are advocating is making the servants the masters and sadistically hoping they will be even worse than the old masters were but only to the old masters.

By your logic, once you’ve done this whole revolution thing, will that mean the Capitalists will be justified in doing the same to you if they regain power given how you want to ‘exploit’ them for your own sick entertainment?

This is why I so disliked the colonial age, not because of what went on, but because the powers at the time had to justify their actions instead of just admitting that they were nothing but greedy bastards grabbing at land and resources. You just want to grab power, and like the weak willed despots of that bygone age you have to justify it to yourself and make up imaginary causes to fight for so you don’t have to cry yourself to sleep each night.

If you can admit that you are a sociopathic bloodthirsty sadistic bastard, then I will leave you alone, mostly. Actually I will probably still take random potshots at your ideas every now and then when I feel bored, but I won’t be ‘stalking (you) throughout the site’ anymore.

Furthermore, I want proof that I am an asshat.

Finally, I have to ask, what is it about my name that is so hard to get? Seriously people, at least mohammed was just truncating it at the wrong spot, but this? Though I will admit that Siseph is a fairly interesting name, I’ll have to use if for something and see how it works. Or are you referring to me as Sisyphus? I will admit I certainly seem to be engaged in a Sisyphean challenge right now. Overall the guy seemed like my type of person, shame about the rock.

Not finally; it’s not the capitalists that keep the people in chains, it’s the people themselves. If the workers you feel are so exploited actually worked together for better wages/health care/whatever the capitalists would have no choice but to relent. Yes, this means either working together on a global scale or getting the help of consumers in the form of boycotts, but your actions are hardly limited. The economic system of the world today is hardly a one-way street; both Capitalists and Workers are co-dependent, symbiotic if you will. At least until we get more advanced robotics.

Are you going to run from this post too?

When you say it like that you make it sound so Sinister...


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Sinphanius wrote:Or are you

Sinphanius wrote:
Or are you referring to me as Sisyphus? I will admit I certainly seem to be engaged in a Sisyphean challenge right now. Overall the guy seemed like my type of person, shame about the rock.

Every day. 

However, he didn't choose the punishment. lol.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Sinphanius
Sinphanius's picture
Posts: 284
Joined: 2008-06-12
User is offlineOffline
I'm not sure if it qualifies

I'm not sure if it qualifies for cruel, but it certainly is unusual. He should totally appeal the decision to the US Supreme Court! Hey, on his way out of Tartarus he can try and grab Johnnie Cochran to be his defense lawyer. He can't lose!

"If the rock don't sit, you must acquit!"

When you say it like that you make it sound so Sinister...


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:MattShizzle

JillSwift wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:
The power to "warn" someone or to edit threads. Siseph is an asshat that obviously has a problem with me and is stalking me thorughout the site. Explain how anyone can function in society nowadays without bowing down to the capitalists? People need to eat. Capitalists should be treated as the most vile creatures who ever crawled upon the surface of the Earth and who's utter annihalation would be a great benefit to all mankind.

As someone who has been a business owner and had folks work for me, and as someone who invested in stocks and bonds (and one scary moment on the futures market) I have to say:

Thank you for calling me vile and calling for my extermination.

Also, thanks a bunch for getting a couple of your insane murderous rants up on FSTDT; it really helps the RRS look like a rational lot.

It would be a great idea to re-think your position on how to deal with an ideology you don't agree with. I mean, if you find socialism or communism your cup of tea, that's cool. But the torch and pitchfork really need to go.

I am rather hoping you'll answer this, Matt.


 

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
Posts: 938
Joined: 2008-07-15
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:As someone

JillSwift wrote:

As someone who has been a business owner and had folks work for me, and as someone who invested in stocks and bonds (and one scary moment on the futures market) I have to say:

Thank you for calling me vile and calling for my extermination.

 

I don't think Matt ever got back to me on whether or not he would torture me, my parents and my grand father, and some of my friends for working or previously working at international corporations. Is he really advocating sawing my dad's fingers off (my dad works for a small international corporation that has overseas employees and production)? Would he really cut my dick off and rub salt on the wound (I briefly worked at a company with factories overseas, and I'm arranging an interview for a job at an international corporation)? Would he really advocate killing my grandfather (he worked for decades in international corporations)? I could go on with family members or friends of mine that meet Matt's criteria of needing to be tortured to death. I doubt he would really advocate this on a case-by-case basis. He speaks vaguely of some business class members he would want tortured to death or about how capitalists should be shot, but if you got a group of people supporting international businesses together (like some of my family members for instance) I doubt he would advocate their killing or torture. That's the worst part about all of this, I know that he wouldn't have the will to really do these things in real life.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
I'm not allowed to discuss

I'm not allowed to discuss these things anymore but I was talking about the people in charge- I would see the employees as expolited by them.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I'm not

MattShizzle wrote:
I'm not allowed to discuss these things anymore but I was talking about the people in charge- I would see the employees as expolited by them.
So, then you did call for my death. (I owned that business.)

Meh.

 

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Depends how you treated

Depends how you treated them. I admire mom and pop type businesses that give their employees a fair wage and don't overwork them.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Depends

MattShizzle wrote:
Depends how you treated them. I admire mom and pop type businesses that give their employees a fair wage and don't overwork them.
When you were calling for the death and torture of capitalists, you never mentioned there was an exclusionary criteria. Are you backpedaling?

 

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:MattShizzle

JillSwift wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:
Depends how you treated them. I admire mom and pop type businesses that give their employees a fair wage and don't overwork them.
When you were calling for the death and torture of capitalists, you never mentioned there was an exclusionary criteria. Are you backpedaling?

 

Let's move on, Jill. The past is just that. Past.

As a business owner, do you recall thinking that some of your colleagues were bad employers?

I think everyone has 'A christmas Carol' seasonal affective disorder anyway. lol.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:Let's move

darth_josh wrote:
Let's move on, Jill. The past is just that. Past.
Where I'm willing to move on for the sake of those on this board who are tired of hearing about it, I gotta say "the past is just that" sounds silly. Unless you're Rafiki, then it comes with a thwack on the nose and I'll be avoiding that Eye-wink

 

darth_josh wrote:
As a business owner, do you recall thinking that some of your colleagues were bad employers?
Duh. But the fact some people suck hardly excuses Matt's behavior.

darth_josh wrote:
I think everyone has 'A christmas Carol' seasonal affective disorder anyway. lol.
Fortunately I'm have had no reason to go near a mall or department store, so I don't have KTNCS (Kill The Next Caroller Syndrome) just yet. Eye-wink

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Well, I find it an

Well, I find it an interesting side study.

Every year, one of my crew starts making jokes about the boss and it builds from there. Pretty soon, they're hoping he gets visited from four ghosts and made to watch his own funeral. lol.

It falls to me to defend his alleged charitibility(word?) i.e. charitable nature. If they knew how hard it was for he and I to justify maintaining all of them then they would probably hug us. Thank goodness he's not the hugging kind of guy.

Through the years supervising different people, it has seemingly been this part of the year.

Yet another reason I hate the season. lol.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote: Well, I

darth_josh wrote:

Well, I find it an interesting side study.

Every year, one of my crew starts making jokes about the boss and it builds from there. Pretty soon, they're hoping he gets visited from four ghosts and made to watch his own funeral. lol.

It falls to me to defend his alleged charitibility(word?) i.e. charitable nature. If they knew how hard it was for he and I to justify maintaining all of them then they would probably hug us. Thank goodness he's not the hugging kind of guy.

Through the years supervising different people, it has seemingly been this part of the year.

Yet another reason I hate the season. lol.

Ah. I had one employee who thought I was the heartless Scrooge because I had the gall to have him meet the expectations of the job (I'm so mean). And I had one employee who thought I was the kindly Bob Cratchit because I hired her just in the nick of time for her to keep her apartment and car. She worked her butt off for me right to the end of the company. (We're still in touch, too. Wonderful woman.)

It's all perspective and personal expectations. I think bosses are inappropriately Scrooged when the employees get to feeling they're owed more than the original working contract. (Definitely so if they're really getting less than the original contract or are being treated as disposable. But that's appropriate then.)

 

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:[Ah. I had

JillSwift wrote:

[Ah. I had one employee who thought I was the heartless Scrooge because I had the gall to have him meet the expectations of the job (I'm so mean). And I had one employee who thought I was the kindly Bob Cratchit because I hired her just in the nick of time for her to keep her apartment and car. She worked her butt off for me right to the end of the company. (We're still in touch, too. Wonderful woman.)

It's all perspective and personal expectations. I think bosses are inappropriately Scrooged when the employees get to feeling they're owed more than the original working contract. (Definitely so if they're really getting less than the original contract or are being treated as disposable. But that's appropriate then.)

 

 

Yep. It follows that it would affect us ideologically too if the perceived situation persists.

Some people are economically trapped. I don't have this problem, but several that I work with do suffer from it.

For example, I've got a guy that can't perform any work on his vehicles without fucking them up hardcore. Yet, he is the person (when I'm not here) they look to to tell them which way something turns inside of the machine when repairs are needed to be made. Basically, he has grasped 3D thinking at work, but can't change a tire.

Autism anyone? I don't know. I do know that he would be the only possible escapee from this job to another one. The rest couldn't make it in another industry, yet a couple of them consider themselves indispensable.

It always makes me wonder if they're late for work because they needed to take a couple of extra minutes in the mirror saying, "I am important and darn it, people like me."

 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:Yep. It

darth_josh wrote:

Yep. It follows that it would affect us ideologically too if the perceived situation persists.

Some people are economically trapped. I don't have this problem, but several that I work with do suffer from it.

For example, I've got a guy that can't perform any work on his vehicles without fucking them up hardcore. Yet, he is the person (when I'm not here) they look to to tell them which way something turns inside of the machine when repairs are needed to be made. Basically, he has grasped 3D thinking at work, but can't change a tire.

Autism anyone? I don't know. I do know that he would be the only possible escapee from this job to another one. The rest couldn't make it in another industry, yet a couple of them consider themselves indispensable.

It always makes me wonder if they're late for work because they needed to take a couple of extra minutes in the mirror saying, "I am important and darn it, people like me."

Well, I have had more than a few co-workers who couldn't get anything done unless there was a constant drizzle of praise and moral support.

Humanity is quite a soup of attitudes, ideals and perceptions. Next to impossible for managers/bosses to be able to really deal fairly with them all - and some end up in the grinder. There needs to be more psychology taught in business management. People get run over by their little quirks and whatnot all the time, and it would help a great deal if managers understood the mechanisms and could respond more appropriately - it'd save a lot of time, money and hassle for all involved. And I'd pay extra taxes to support a government run mental health service that would help handle the little every-day things that can overwhelm anyone. I'd consider it part of the infrastructure Eye-wink

 

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
In my own situation I put in

In my own situation I put in for Social Security under the recomendation of OVR (Office of Vocational Rehabilitaion) even though the Psychiatrist who did testing on me said I was "absolutely brilliant. " I go there tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping I can get a job - the biggest hardship is my utter lack of social skills which makes interviews especially difficult. Hopefully they can get me something. I have been getting bored and working would almost certainly pay more than collecting Social Securit Disability.

 

Edited on 12/12:

Apparently the best career for me is either Insurance Adjuster (office based) or going to grad school and doing medical research.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team