Pretty Damn Incredible

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pretty Damn Incredible

This elephant came from an abusive background and has been trained to do amazing things like this. Amazing memory and cognitive abilities!

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
That is incredibly cute. I

That is incredibly cute. I wonder how much of it was trained and how much is the elephant actually trying to make a likeness of an elephant. Clearly, due to the detail, it is attempting to make a likeness. I'm just wondering how much skill at art it needed to learn from humans. For instance, little kids can pretty much only make stick figures, but this elephant made an outline drawing. Can it draw other things than just elephants? Can it draw spontaneously?

Still, very amazing.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
User is offlineOffline
That really is incredible.

That really is incredible. Who would have ever thought that an animal could be delicious and artistic!

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Save a tree, eat a vegetarian.

Sometimes " The Majority " only means that all the fools are on the same side.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
That elephant draws better

That elephant draws better than me!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
The bidding for that

The bidding for that painting should start at $1,000,000.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:The bidding

darth_josh wrote:

The bidding for that painting should start at $1,000,000.

I agree. I also agree with butterbattle in that it draws better than I do.

Now if I can only sell the art my puppy makes in her apparent attempts to represent lakes on the floor!

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Save a tree, eat a vegetarian.

Sometimes " The Majority " only means that all the fools are on the same side.

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree, and what's most

I agree, and what's most amazing is that you're right, even if someone taught me how to do that I STILL couldn't do it that well!

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby