Michael jackson converts to Islam & changes his name

Sarah247
Sarah247's picture
User is offlineOffline
Michael jackson converts to Islam & changes his name

Maybe this will cause some Muslims to deconvert? Smiling

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/3494296/Michael-Jackson-converts-to-Islam-and-changes-name-to-Mikaeel.html

The singer, who was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, converted to Islam in a ceremony at a friend's house in Los Angeles.

He is said to have sat on the floor and worn a small hat while an imam officiated.

According to The Sun, the ceremony took place while Jackson, 50, was recording an album at the home of Steve Porcaro, a keyboard player who composed music on his Thriller album.

The former Jackson 5 star was counselled by David Wharnsby, a Canadian songwriter, and Phillip Bubal, a producer, who have both converted.

A source said Jackson had appeared a "bit down" and added: "They began talking to him about their beliefs, and how they thought they had become better people after they converted. Michael soon began warming to the idea.

"An imam was summoned from the mosque and Michael went through the shahada, which is the Muslim declaration of belief."

Last year his brother, Jermaine Friday, suggested Jackson would convert having taken an interest in Islam since Friday's conversion in 1989.

"When I came back from Mecca I got him a lot of books and he asked me lots of things about my religion and I told him that it's peaceful and beautiful," said Friday.

"He read everything and he was proud of me that I found something that would give me inner strength and peace.

"I think it is most probable that Michael will convert to Islam.

"He could do so much, just like I am trying to do. Michael and I and the word of God, we could do so much."

- Sarah

"I’m a polyatheist - there are many gods I don’t believe in." - Dan Fouts

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Isn't he dead yet? 

Isn't he dead yet?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Does this mean MJ has to

Does this mean MJ has to wear a burka now?

Strange how he never got recruited into scientology.  Maybe all the surgery he had got rid of the dead aliens in his body.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Isn't he

Hambydammit wrote:
Isn't he dead yet?
Yes, but all the plastic and all the implants seem to have become autonomous.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Isn't he

Hambydammit wrote:

Isn't he dead yet?

According to the Thriller video, he has been for quite some time.  

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:According to the

Quote:
According to the Thriller video, he has been for quite some time.  

We need beer.  I'm done at five.

No, there's no connection to MJ.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sounds good.  I gave blood

Sounds good.  I gave blood today, so I'll be a cheap drunk.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
So now instead of molesting

So now instead of molesting young boys, he has the sometimes right to molest young girls? ...................................

(Maybe that's not funny... yet.)

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:Strange

zarathustra wrote:
Strange how he never got recruited into scientology.  Maybe all the surgery he had got rid of the dead aliens in his body.

It's not strange at all.  He's broke.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
M J

I remember him when he was black; now he has lighter skin then  my daughters  and my father.  Islam can have him and with any  luck he will suicide bomb a YMCA summer camp, just saying, eh?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, so now he's a Muslim,

Wow, so now he's a Muslim, child-molesting, old white woman that used to be young black man.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
He probably did it for the

He probably did it for the name change.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Isn't he

Hambydammit wrote:

Isn't he dead yet?

Does still being incredibly boring count? Honestly, now. Converting from one rama-rama ding-ding to another can't help anyone.

And to answer your question: I, too, am amazed that he hasn't yet bled out from all the surgery.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence