BIG DEAL! EVOLUTION CAN'T BE TRUE!!!

Josh Clarke
Superfan
Josh Clarke's picture
User is offlineOffline
BIG DEAL! EVOLUTION CAN'T BE TRUE!!!

http://www.lifescienceprize.org/

They say so and they know everything...

(Sarcasm, subject was just to get your attention so you would come bitch at me Laughing out loud, click link, enjoy "lulz" for a few minutes, thank me later)

We pop theist like Orville Redenbacher!

Josh Clarke
Superfan
Josh Clarke's picture
User is offlineOffline
HOLY SHIT

THEY HAVE GRAPHS AND MATH! Must be true!!!

xD

(please excuse sarcasm, had a rough couple of days)

We pop theist like Orville Redenbacher!

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why is the title Biology vs.

Why is the title Biology vs. Evolution? Evolution is the unifying theory of biology. *sigh*

Their bullshit is the most dangerous kind of bullshit because it employs science and mathematics that the average person won't possess knowledge of, and thus, won't be able to refute. It is sophisticated bullshit.

Quote:
Evolution pretends to be biology but it plays us for fools because it has no successful experiment.

Lying.

Quote:
Most biology textbooks show a glass apparatus in which the precursors for amino acids are boiled and electrically sparked and after a week sure enough there are trace amounts of a few amino acids.

This is abiogenesis, not evolution. These people are just mean.

Quote:
The implication is that if the boiling and sparking were continued, then a living cell would evolve.

*sigh* Uuuhhhh, wrong! Nice strawman though. 

Quote:
Such logic is like stating that automobiles evolved billions of years ago by means of rubber sap, sand, iron ore, and coal falling into a volcano. The iron ore and the carbon in the coal made steel, the sand melted and made glass, and the sap vulcanized and made rubber. Then after billions and billions of trials and errors, the text may say, there evolved spontaneously better and better pistons, cylinders, whole engines with spark plugs and transmissions, axles on four wheels with rubber tires under bodies of steel with glass windows, windshield wipers, headlights, and tanks full of gasoline.

Wow, I've never seen this argument before. They're completely confusing evolution and abiogenesis now. They also ignore the fact that automobiles don't reproduce. Of course it sounds absurd; automobiles aren't alive. 

Quote:
Scientists note that such a tall tale is a fantasy of a peculiar type.

What scientists are these idiots referring to? Over 99% of biologists in Texas accept evolution as true.

Quote:
If someone said he had bought a brand-new car the night before and in the morning found it rusted and rotted to a pile of powder, then we would note that his story described correctly the direction of the laws of physics but rust and rot do not occur that fast. Contrarily, if he says that a pile of sand and iron ore evolved into a brand-new car, then we recognize this as an inverted fantasy because it is the exact opposite of the way reality works.

Oh, they love this metaphor. They also caricature evolution as a bunch of chemicals *poofing* into a human instead of addressing the minute changes in the characteristics of organisms from generation to generation through mutations, natural selection, genetic drift, etc.    

Quote:
They are not the cow-jumped-over-the-moon kind of tall tale because cows can jump a low fence. They are the grass-ate-the-cow kind of tall tale, the inverted, upside-down kind of fantasy.

Too lazy to produce objective, scientific arguments? 

Quote:
One way that scientists reject tall tales is with observation. Scientists are persuaded by observing cars coming off the assembly lines in Detroit and note that no one has ever seen one spontaneously, nor purposefully, evolved in or out of a volcano.

Huh?

Quote:
Scientists therefore unequivocally conclude that all cars were created intelligently and by the similar observations so were all life forms.

Reductio ad absurdum. 

Quote:
But is biology sufficient to explain life or must it be supplemented by inverted evolutionary concepts to fully describe the biological world? Let us pursue this answer by examining the life cycle of a representative life form.

Knock yourself out.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
100 years ago theists

100 years ago theists enjoyed the lack of widespread technology and science so it was easy to convince others that a magic man in the sky existed because the didn't have to put to much effort into selling the myth.

Now that we know what DNA is, and that there is no such thing as godsperm, and that human flesh cannot survive rigor mortis, modern science is chasing magic back into the garbage heap of dead myths, these are attempts to justify clinging to fictional claims.

This is just an elaborate form of backpeddling because the theist has been caught in a lie. So if you falsify formulas and incorperate buzzwords and bastardize lagit science, you can give the false appearance that you actually have something real.

All one has to do to show the absurdity of their futile disere to ignore reality is to take a cadaver that has been dead for 3 days and simply observe it to see if it gets up and comes back to life.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
On the bright side, when

On the bright side, when theists present arguments involving numbers it quite often results in being able to refute them very comprehensibly, so long as the mathematics presented isn't over your head to begin with.

I saw that Venomfanx guy get bitchslapped on a youtube response several times due to this.

LovE-RicH
LovE-RicH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Creationists CAN be

hahaha

Creationists CAN be intentionally funny. Smiling

Empirical Infidel
Empirical Infidel's picture
User is offlineOffline
The trouble with all the

The trouble with all the arguments against evolution is that those who refute the creationist crap are usually only talking to other supporters of evolution.  The followers of creationism just blindly follow the creationist arguments without trying to sort out fact from fiction.  After all, creationists are xians so they never lie.  Every creationist book I ever read was easily demonstrated to be full of deception and lies by checking the footnotes from the first few pages.  It's obvious the ID sheep are not even looking for the truth.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Quotes from the  celebrated

Quotes from the  celebrated Christian Saint, Martin Luther,

"Reason should be destroyed in all Christians."

"Whoever wants to be a Christian should tear the eyes out of his Reason."

"To be a Christian, you must "pluck out the eye of reason."

Isn't that just dandy ?!!!!

That_Guy
That_Guy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:Quotes

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Quotes from the  celebrated Christian Saint, Martin Luther,

"Reason should be destroyed in all Christians."

"Whoever wants to be a Christian should tear the eyes out of his Reason."

"To be a Christian, you must "pluck out the eye of reason."

Isn't that just dandy ?!!!!

Wow, I actually agree with Martin Luther on something. Scary. I would change that to "Whoever want to be a Christian MUST tear the eyes out of his reason"