Facebook's Anti-Blasphemy Challenge Groups

Sarah247
Sarah247's picture
User is offlineOffline
Facebook's Anti-Blasphemy Challenge Groups

(Sorry if this is redundant. I do realize in advance something of this nature has probably been posted before.) 

I finished studying early (thrilling, I know). To decompress I was surfing around facebook seeing what groups there are. I found one called "The Blasphemy Challenge," obviously dedicated to Rational Responder's Blasphemy Challenge. Then, there were pages and pages of groups called "Pray for the Blasphemy Challenge" or "Christians Against the Blasphemy Challenge" and etc. 

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the Bible says twice that denying the holy spirit is an unforgivable sin. What the hell are the Christians praying for? Are they hoping Sky-Daddy will change his mind last minute and say "Oh, I was just kidding. I guess I'll give all you heathens a second chance." I guess I don't get it. It seems like a huge waste of their time, to me.

The whole thing seems hilarious albeit contradictory, to me. 

- Sarah

"I’m a polyatheist - there are many gods I don’t believe in." - Dan Fouts

Fanas
User is offlineOffline
World is really sad, thank

World is really sad, thank goodness there are theists to laugh at.

Lets pray to FSM asking forgiveness for these ignorant fools. Smiling

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
I saw one of my Facebook

I saw one of my Facebook 'Friends' had joined a similiar type group. That makes her fair game I reasoned, so I wrote and sent her a rather long document of arguements since she was so enthused about defending her faith.

Odd, I never got a reply

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
User is offlineOffline
Many xians continue to

Many xians continue to insist that those lines don't mean what they say.  The Bible is little more than a prop or show peice to most xians, and that's probably a good thing considering how horrific that book is.  From the point of view of a modern moderate xian, we are still potentially salvageable.

"I've yet to witness circumstance successfully manipulated through the babbling of ritualistic nonsense to an imaginary deity." -- me (josh)

If god can do anything, can he make a hot dog so big even he can't eat all of it?

Sarah247
Sarah247's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christians are so good at

Christians are so good at conveniently believing. I never cease to be amazed how they can preach the perfection of the Bible from one side of their mouth, while at the same time they alter it to fit their needs/world view with the other side.

- Sarah

"I’m a polyatheist - there are many gods I don’t believe in." - Dan Fouts

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Sarah247 wrote:"Pray for the

Sarah247 wrote:

"Pray for the Blasphemy Challenge" 

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the Bible says twice that denying the holy spirit is an unforgivable sin. What the hell are the Christians praying for? Are they hoping Sky-Daddy will change his mind last minute and say "Oh, I was just kidding. I guess I'll give all you heathens a second chance." I guess I don't get it. It seems like a huge waste of their time, to me.

The whole thing seems hilarious albeit contradictory, to me. 

"Pray for the Blasphemy Challenge"   loosely translated means "Pray that God was wrong."

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I find it interesting that

I find it interesting that we get interest from both types of True Christians (TM)

Those that pray for God to have mercy on us and those that experience an almost orgasmic glee at the thought of us sizzling in their hell.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin