THE FINAL FREEDOM. THE LAST "CIVIL RIGHT".

diogenes66
diogenes66's picture
Posts: 2
Joined: 2008-02-20
User is offlineOffline
THE FINAL FREEDOM. THE LAST "CIVIL RIGHT".

 

 

I’ve seen a couple of things In the news lately that really push my buttons.

      I am really getting tired of being treated like a second-class citizen just because I don’t believe in one of the accepted “gods”. I remember being raised the concept that we [the Catholics] were the only ones going to hesven and as for the people and all those other religions “well at least they believe in some God”. That attitude persists today as demonstrated by Senator Dole’s absurd ad calling her opponent “godless”. Some of the most truly spiritual people that I know are agnostics or atheists!

”. I didn’t know whether to be angry or just sad for their ignorance.

     The other thing is --- I was watching the news about a week ago and the news person is talking about some new electronic gadget that the Department of Homeland Security was worried about because It had potential uses by all kinds of dangerous people such as terrorists, cults, radicals Jihadists and several other kinds of “dangerous” people that they felt the need to keep tabs on. Right in the middle of that list was “atheists

     I have always thought the First Amendment’s guarantee of freedom of religion, by extension, also guaranteed freedom from religion.

 

     This will be the final freedom, the final civil right to the one in this world. Freedom to be excepted as a human being and judge by you’re actions alone and not by any labels of any kind.

diogenes66


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, look at what has

Yeah, look at what has happened to us that know we are god, as just meaning all is one. !!! Be careful ... being god wise, of no faith, no worship, no idol master, is dangerous to your safety in this life.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13664
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:Yeah,

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Yeah, look at what has happened to us that know we are god, as just meaning all is one. !!! Be careful ... being god wise, of no faith, no worship, no idol master, is dangerous to your safety in this life.

ARGEEEEE!!!!!!!! You make me want to pull my hair out!

Will you PLEASE cut the "it's all the same" guff.  I like your "we can get along if we want" attitude. I really do. But you need to get off of trying to keep an antiquated word "god" rooted in mythological magic.

Other than that, to the OP, I agree that we should be judged solely on our actions. It is encouraging to see the growing voice of non-belief compared to where it was in 01. We are getting there.

We have atheist groups with adds on buses and billboards, best selling authors and an open atheist in congress to boot. That is something I never could have emagined 7 years ago. These things take time and it is only when WE raise our voices that WE get somewhere.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Incidentlly, Rep. Stark

Incidentlly, Rep. Stark voted 'Nay' on both attempts of the TARP bill.

Smart man. Too bad he couldn't sway more of his colleagues.

He dominated the re-election by a 3 to 1 margin.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13664
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
darth_josh

darth_josh wrote:

Incidentlly, Rep. Stark voted 'Nay' on both attempts of the TARP bill.

Smart man. Too bad he couldn't sway more of his colleagues.

He dominated the re-election by a 3 to 1 margin.

What is the "TARP" Bill?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:darth_josh

Brian37 wrote:

darth_josh wrote:

Incidentlly, Rep. Stark voted 'Nay' on both attempts of the TARP bill.

Smart man. Too bad he couldn't sway more of his colleagues.

He dominated the re-election by a 3 to 1 margin.

What is the "TARP" Bill?

The $700,000,000,000 bailout bill passed by congress in October. The loan money that banks have been using to buy each other to keep the investors rich.

Troubled Assets Relief Program - HR 1424 of the 110th congress aka Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c110:6:./temp/~c110GZ1O28::

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I AM GOD AS

Brian37 wrote:

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Yeah, look at what has happened to us that know we are god, as just meaning all is one. !!! Be careful ... being god wise, of no faith, no worship, no idol master, is dangerous to your safety in this life.

ARGEEEEE!!!!!!!! You make me want to pull my hair out!

Will you PLEASE cut the "it's all the same" guff.  I like your "we can get along if we want" attitude. I really do. But you need to get off of trying to keep an antiquated word "god" rooted in mythological magic.

  Late Einstein, Sagan, Watts, etc, and countless living atheist scientists and philosophers use the 'g-o-d' word in a new non mythical fashion. Yeah, we pull our hair out too, as we work to change the world view definition of the old persistent g-o-d word. Science studies god, philosophy summarizes in words, damn religion re-spins into myth dogma.    

I dig your rants Brian37.  As you clobber hocus pocus from the 'yin', I will continue to kick from the 'yang'.  I am not a pantheist because of "world woo woo interpretation problems" , but their basic definition of god = "nature" I endorse, as does Dawkins today.

My focus and posting style is mostly directed to healing the religious, so I try to teach "saving" atheism in their language, like relating "One with the father", to thermodynamics, etc etc. I have little to say to the "Master" free atheist community, except thanks, and to share my successful religious debunking style. Hey, it works!!!