Don't Believe in God Billboards in Denver

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't Believe in God Billboards in Denver

The campaign to show atheists we are not alone has spread to Denver. I'm out here on a very long sales trip and I found this on a local TV Channel's website.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/17977308/detail.html#-

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
User is offlineOffline
Many of the comments at the

Many of the comments at the bottom of that article really justify the "your not alone" message.  Hopefully these signs will catch on in other parts of the country.

"I've yet to witness circumstance successfully manipulated through the babbling of ritualistic nonsense to an imaginary deity." -- me (josh)

If god can do anything, can he make a hot dog so big even he can't eat all of it?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Notice how many retarded

Notice how many retarded comments there are.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Look at where atheists were

Look at where atheists were 7 years ago and now we have billboards not only in Denver, but appearantly on bussses in NYC by a humanist group.

Lets face it guys, the road wont be easy. BUT, considering we went from having no open atheist in our congress to having Pete Stark, not to mention all the best selling authors, Reggie being on Wife Swap and Brian being on Nightline, we may have a long way to go, but we are getting there. And Penn Gillette and Religioulus.

This is just the begining guys. It wont happen over night but we will get there as long as every single one of us raises our voices.

You don't have to make a name for yourselves. You don't have to be famous like Dawkins or Sapient.  Just raise your voices. I have seen where we were in O1, and it was bleak compaired to today.

We can as long as we don't give up. Every post, every counter argument, every e-mail to the papers and to your ellected officials DOES COUNT.

It is not one person, or one person of fame who holds our label. It is all of us.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Notice how

MattShizzle wrote:

Notice how many retarded comments there are.

Lol, yeah.

But, also notice how all the atheist commenters pwn the theist commenters.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
That income tax quote from

That income tax quote from Bob Enyart, the xian radio host, has to be one of the goofiest things I've ever heard or read --- EVER !    Now I must bash him on the noggin....

Bash

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
Ill have to go see this for

Ill have to go see this for myself. Thanks for the link. Good to see something like this is in my city.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Xlint and way past due, for

Xlint and way past due, for obvious ignorant reasons. The FCC TV and all media next, ASAP. Get pissed ....

This is needed to encourage secularist, freethinkers, closet atheists, to speak up.

Dray
User is offlineOffline
Thread can be found

Thread can be found here:
www.rationalresponders.com/forum/15926

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
What is it with news stories

What is it with news stories about Atheists always needing to get the bigot's point of view?  There is never any news story about Blacks celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. Day with commentary from members of the Klan, but with an Atheist story there's always the Christian bigots throwing around the insults.  Usually there is just one but this time they packed two in, one being from a guy who supports bombing abortion clinics.

Maybe some story about Passover will include some anti-Semite's ranting about how Jews are children of the devil.  Nah, it's only okay to bash Atheists these days.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
This is the group at the

This is the group at the helm, and I'm so proud of how far they've come: http://www.myspace.com/metroatheists

They started as a small RRS affiliate, then united with CFI, and have made some big moves lately.  

Kudos Joel!!

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheist Billboard to Debut During Holidays

A controversial billboard will likely be popping up in a neighborhood near you, just in time for the holidays.

The billboard is paid for by a Colorado atheist group. The message sits against a blue sky backdrop and says, "Don't believe in God? You're not alone."Ten billboards will pepper metro Denver, while one will be put up in Colorado Springs.

More: Atheist Billboard to Debut During Holidays

____

I was so excited I haven't even read it yet, but can we help, can we help, can we help?  Can we? Can we? Can we? Smiling

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.