Todd Friel is such a piece of work...

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
Todd Friel is such a piece of work...

For no reason, I randomly decided to e-mail Todd Friel the first part of Zeitgeist. This was his response:
"Hi Friend:
It seems to me that you are trusting this video and its research more than the Bible.  Why?
Why would you find this to be more reliable than Scripture?
This video is shakey at best....cherry picked sources that are less than reliable.

Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this.
Most likely (although I could be wrong), you are using this video as an excuse because you either:
1. Love your sins.
2. Have too much pride.
3. Don't think you can be forgiven because of your past.

Am I warm?
Todd"

This was my response:

"The bible is full of contradictions though which is why I can't trust it. In regards of the video, Saint Justin Martyr - The Ray Comfort of way back when....acknowledged that Jesus was a lot like pagan gods:

"When we say that Jesus Christ was produced without sexual union, was crucified and died, and rose again, and ascended to heaven, we propound nothing new or different from what you believe regarding those whom you call the sons of Jupiter."

Then the pagans told him what Christians were saying about Jesus they had been saying about their gods for thousands of years now and they admitted it was all just a story and not real. But he said the following:

"For when they say that Dionysus arose again and ascended to heaven, is it not evident the devil has imitated the prophecy?"

So, do you guys agree with Justin that the Devil arranged the whole thing to throw people off? Or is it all a lie and I should just shut up and believe in the book that has the talking snake in it?"

Todd's response:

"Hello;
Honestly, I would have to research the Justin Martyr quote.
Here is what I know about legends and the Bible...all you have to do is read them and you will notice radical differences:
>the details are NOT the same. 
>the union of gods is required for a child, not with Jesus.
>legends are written like legends, the Bible does not read like legend.
>legends don't have eyewitnesses, the Bible does.
>even if there are remote similarities, it does not mean that one borrowed from another.
>Finally, no legend has a resurrection that is verifiable and certifiable.
As for contradictions, the Bible has none...unless you WANT it to.
But Gilson, Biblical verfiability is probably not your issue.
Likely, it is sin, pride or shame.
Todd"

*sigh* Err!!!! Should I even bother with this guy!?

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
Sorry for the lack of

Sorry for the lack of spaces. I wrote the above in an e-mail and then copied and pasted it here, and it had plenty of spaces but then it came out with none. I also have no option to edit the above post so sorry and hopefully everybody who reads it won't have any troubles understanding it.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Don't bother. He sounds like

Don't bother. He sounds like a fucktard.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Let me see if I can make it

Let me see if I can make it easier to work with:

For no reason, I randomly decided to e-mail Todd Friel the first part of Zeitgeist. This was his response:

"Hi Friend:

It seems to me that you are trusting this video and its research more than the Bible.  Why? Why would you find this to be more reliable than Scripture?

This video is shakey at best....cherry picked sources that are less than reliable. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Most likely (although I could be wrong), you are using this video as an excuse because you either:

1. Love your sins.2. Have too much pride.3. Don't think you can be forgiven because of your past. Am I warm?

Todd

This was my response: 

"The bible is full of contradictions though which is why I can't trust it.

In regards of the video, Saint Justin Martyr - The Ray Comfort of way back when....acknowledged that Jesus was a lot like pagan gods: "

When we say that Jesus Christ was produced without sexual union, was crucified and died, and rose again, and ascended to heaven, we propound nothing new or different from what you believe regarding those whom you call the sons of Jupiter." 

Then the pagans told him what Christians were saying about Jesus they had been saying about their gods for thousands of years now and they admitted it was all just a story and not real.

But he said the following: 

"For when they say that Dionysus arose again and ascended to heaven, is it not evident the devil has imitated the prophecy?" 

So, do you guys agree with Justin that the Devil arranged the whole thing to throw people off? Or is it all a lie and I should just shut up and believe in the book that has the talking snake in it?" 

Todd's response: 

"Hello;

Honestly, I would have to research the Justin Martyr quote.

Here is what I know about legends and the Bible...all you have to do is read them and you will notice radical differences:

>the details are NOT the same. 

>the union of gods is required for a child, not with Jesus.

>legends are written like legends, the Bible does not read like legend.

>legends don't have eyewitnesses, the Bible does.

>even if there are remote similarities, it does not mean that one borrowed from another.

>Finally, no legend has a resurrection that is verifiable and certifiable.

As for contradictions, the Bible has none...unless you WANT it to.

But Gilson, Biblical verfiability is probably not your issue.Likely, it is sin, pride or shame.

Todd"  

_____

Eh, Friel's a waste of space but he can be fun to play with for a time.

I get a kick of people who have never read the Bible talking like they're experts.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Zeeboe wrote:Sorry for the

Zeeboe wrote:

Sorry for the lack of spaces. I wrote the above in an e-mail and then copied and pasted it here, and it had plenty of spaces but then it came out with none. I also have no option to edit the above post so sorry and hopefully everybody who reads it won't have any troubles understanding it.

I think I fixed it.  Smiling

Don't bother with Todd, he's a fucking corrupt moron.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Zeeboe

Sapient wrote:

Zeeboe wrote:

I think I fixed it.  Smiling

Don't bother with Todd, he's a fucking corrupt moron.

Between the two of us, Mr. S, we made Todd readable. Now if only we could make his spew coherent.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zeeboe wrote:*sigh* Err!!!!

Zeeboe wrote:

Let's just say that McCain considered him for a VP nominee but was rejected for Sarah Palin on the grounds that he was just too ignorant and uneducated.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:legends are written

Quote:
legends are written like legends, the Bible does not read like legend.

I don't see how you can make any progress with somebody this stupid. 

Zeeboe wrote:

...........no.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
Thank you for fixing the

Thank you for fixing the post. I'll try not to make a habit of that. It only seems to happen when I write my messages in e-mail format. Anyhow, I agree about Friel. I recall in the summer of 2007 I called into his show and debated him and the whole thing was a waste of time. I don't know why I tried again. Why can't these guys just stay on the topic and give straight answers?

Another tidbit: Today I tried to add Ray Comfort to my My Space list only cause I wanted to ask him some questions on his comment page (because he has his away message on making it unable to write him)..........and he freaking denied me. What a great Christian! He must not have liked my My Space song or blog....

http://www.myspace.com/planetgilson

Anyhow, I recall Dan Barker once brought up in a debate that in the bible it says that Jesus tells people that if anybody asks them for anything, they must give it to them. I don't recall where in the bible it says that, but I know it says it. I need to go find the exact quote and then send it to my buddy Todd and then end it by asking him...

"Hey Todd, can I have ten thousand American dollars?"

Laughing out loud

EDIT: Got it. Laughing out loud This is what I sent him:

"Well Todd, you probably know better then almost anyone that you and I could literally debate this until the cows come home so instead of doing that, I'd like to address this: I assume you believe in the Holy Bible and obey what it teaches. So I'm sure you already know that Matthew 5:42 says that if anyone asks you for anything, you have to give it to them without question...

...Hey Todd, will you please give me ten thousand American very real dollars? Laughing out loud Remember, God is watching everything and he might send you to Hades after you die if you refuse my request."  ........lol. Do you guys think he'll send me the money? That'd be freaking cool as the North Pole if he did send it to me to make some kind of a "point". I'd take it too! Of course, he'd probably make some big issue out of it on his show and try to make me look bad in the public's eyes. But I wouldn't give a damn..... Truthfully, he'll probably ignore my e-mail or send me some other bible quote that dismisses Matthew 5:42 or he'll tell me that quote only applies to the poor and I'm not homeless or maybe he'll send me one of those stupid gospel tracts that has the fake money on it. That's why I tried to be as detailed as I could when I typed "American very real dollars." I also added the "please" in there because in the actual quote it says something along the lines of whoever begs you for something, give it to them. I also worried that if I asked for too much, he'd tell me he doesn't have that much but I know the guy could afford to give me ten thousand bucks. Eye-wink To guys like him, that's lunch money. 

How he responds should be interesting though. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm gonna go pray to Jake that Todd does give me the ten thousand.....

Jake, if it is according to thy will....please let Todd Friel send me a lot of cash!

In Your name I pray,

Amen

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
Todd...

Well, I got no response from Todd...Todd...what a stupid name...right George?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2NEzmzfXho

lol. Preach it brother!