Richard Dawkins diagnosed with rare, chronic disorder. Books to be recalled.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Richard Dawkins diagnosed with rare, chronic disorder. Books to be recalled.

Dr. Richard Dawkins, a celebrated British intellectual and author of several controversial books, including 'The God Delusion' and 'The Selfish Gene', was diagnosed this afternoon as having a rare mental condition known in latin as, 'Sanitas'.

"It's known to occassionally subside with age, but in the case of Dr. Dawkins, we aren't seeing any of the telltale signs that it's going to go away. All we can do is pray and remain hopeful," Were the comments from one Creation Scientist we consulted.

The diagnosis has charged the entire Creationist community, who now insist that they have one more good reason to be burning the doctor's books.

"It's actually an extremely contagious disease. Every single one of his books you see on a shelf is a potential carrier; we don't want anyone else to become a victim of Sanitas,"

The primary symptoms of Sanitas are fits of depression and general social retardation, as well as a number of obsessive compulsive tendencies (primarily reading and puzzle solving). If you have come into contact with one of Dr. Dawkins's books and think you are beginning to exhibit some of these symptoms, you are urged to consult your local ministry for diagnosis and treatment while the condition is still in it's early stage.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is quite funny. Did you

This is quite funny. Did you write it yourself?

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Time

Kevin you have far too much time on your hands,  may   I suggest a Date  (you pick the gender)  I don't  think you've had one for a while.    

Or;  there is a CFL playoff game on  TV,  try that,   then get a passport and call me in the morning.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Great job ! You have a great

Great job ! You have a great flair for writing Smiling

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Kevin, you clever prankster

Kevin, you clever prankster .... don't scare us kids

sanitas: sanity; reason; health

I feel better now

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
DG: I did. My parents

DG: I did. My parents inspired me earlier. Smiling

Jeff: 'Too much time'? Well, if that's my 'problem', I'll gladly deal with it. Smiling

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Proof that even atheists can

Proof that even atheists can get suckered in.

But, then again, my co-workers can tell you that "I like shiney objects".

YOU son of a beep!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wonder...

I wonder how many people read this and didn't realize what was going on as soon as the word "Sanitas" came up.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
I called it from the

I called it from the begining but nice work Kev.