Any body modders here?

Zymotic
Superfan
Zymotic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Any body modders here?

I've noticed that the majority of body-modders are either atheists or woo-woo new agers. I guess this is because most religions have at least something written about how modifying one's body is a sin.

I'm only 17, so I don't have any crazy modifications. I also want a good job in the future, so no silicone horns/face tattoos for me. I do have the bridge of my nose pierced and 3/4" stretched earlobes. 

My Brand New Blog - Jesu Ad Nauseum.
God of the Gaps: As knowledge approaches infinity, God approaches zero. It's introductory calculus.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I see doing that as

I see doing that as irrational as religion. To me , smoking and body piercing are the 2 biggest turnoffs in a woman. Tattoos are there too - puting a tattoo on an attractive woman is like puting shit on a steak.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Zymotic
Superfan
Zymotic's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I see

MattShizzle wrote:

I see doing that as irrational as religion.

Did you just call my personal aesthetic preference as irrational as a dangerous, deluded, ignorant worldview? I was expecting some negative posts, but this surprised me.

Quote:

To me , smoking and body piercing are the 2 biggest turnoffs in a woman. Tattoos are there too - puting a tattoo on an attractive woman is like puting shit on a steak.

You can't tell me this woman isn't gorgeous:

God of the Gaps: As knowledge approaches infinity, God approaches zero. It's introductory calculus.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
To me she might be

To me she might be attractive without that shit, but with it she's ugly. Maybe it's an over 30 thing - though I see some people in their 30s or even 40s getting that done. I guess in 20 years kids are going to be having limbs removed.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sweet was wanting a thread

Sweet was wanting a thread like this. I have a center labret (lip) piercing, and snakebites.( Basically two piericings on the lips spaced like a snake's fangs)

I agree, a piercing(especially facial) on a girl increases attractiveness by at leasy 15%. Maybe I'll post a pic later just to be a attention whore

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: I guess

MattShizzle wrote:

I guess in 20 years kids are going to be having limbs removed.

Are you serious? You're comparing a piercing,which is harmless,temporary, and mostly pain free, to losing an entire limb?

That's about as clever as saying people drink alcohol now, so in 20 years people will drink straight cyanide. Because that would be a hell of a night out.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Zymotic wrote:You can't

Zymotic wrote:

Well, she's attractive, but the piercings are really a subjective matter. Personally, I prefer a woman that doesn't poke holes in her face for no reason. I wouldn't equate a piercing to losing an arm, but I'm definitely with Matt on this one.

MattShizzle wrote:
To me , smoking and body piercing are the 2 biggest turnoffs in a woman

I think some women are turned on by piercings. Although, I think those women tend to be scary.

MattShizzle wrote:
Tattoos are there too - puting a tattoo on an attractive woman is like puting shit on a steak.

Haha.

Loc wrote:
I agree, a piercing(especially facial) on a girl increases attractiveness by at leasy 15%.

No it doesn't. BOO!!!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle

butterbattle wrote:

Personally, I prefer a woman that doesn't poke holes in her face for no reason.  

The reason is aesthetic enhancement and self expression. The same reason women wear make up, jewellery,and choose the clothes they do. I don't see anybody complaining about those.

dudeofthemoment wrote:

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
Between me and my girlfriend

Between me and my girlfriend we probably collectively have about 20 piercings. Piercings are ok they can always be taken out for job interviews and put back in later.

Tattoos are not really my thing. I dont have any myself. They are so much more permenant. My girlfriend has a couple. I dont mind them. I really dont pay much attention to them.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm another one who's

I'm another one who's against body mods.  However, it's your body so you're free to do what ever you like to it.  It's just not my cup of tea and is always a turnoff for me when I see people with such things.

She looks cute without those bits of plastic/metal all over her.  Those ruin her looks a little imho.

In regards to tattoos, I'm yet to see a single one that I thought didn't look like something drawn by a 3rd grader with a permanent marker.  They always look very amateurish and stupid imho.  If people are thinking of posting up theirs to convince me otherwise, don't bother.  I tell people all the time I like their tattoo's whatever but it's purely me lieing in an attempt to be polite as I don't think people would appreciate my honest view of their tattoos.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think they are subjective

I think they are subjective as well. I personally like them. I don't care for gauged ears though, and I don't care for the one under the lady's lip (it looks like a soul patch). I have an eyebrow. I had an industrial that was rejected. If anyone doesn't like the way I look they don't have to look at me.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

thatonedude
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Well, my wife and I are both

Well, my wife and I are both over 30, and we are looking for a good artist to get our first tattoos. I love well done tattoos. They can be sexy and provacative. I am not attracted to piercings, but on the other hand, I'm not repelled, except by some of the more extreme modifications. My most extreme piercings were a pair of earrings in my left ear in high school, which have long since healed over.

I agree that a lot of tattoos looks like childish scrawls. Take this for example:

If you've seen some of the work of a good tattoo artist, like the ones profiled in the 'Ink' tattoo shows, you know that not all tattoos are so shoddily done. I'm personally wanting a version of this on my back(I am a professional, so any ink I get will only be visible in a casual setting):

I want it altered to have her saving a SCUBA diver in full vintage gear, with the phrase "Rapture of the Deep" in Latin worked into the edges. I could go have some hack draw it on, and expect epic failure. Instead, I'm stashing a little cash back, so that when I do find the right artist(one who can draw the scene I want and has a large portfolio of demonstrated work to judge), I'll be ready.

And, I think that plenty of tattoo'd, pierced ladies are quite beautiful. If you don't agree, that fine by me. If I were single, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to invite one of these girls home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqfQ3ZGKlaU

All that is necessary for the triumph of good is that evil men do nothing.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
AbandonMyPeace

AbandonMyPeace wrote:

Piercings are ok they can always be taken out for job interviews and put back in later.

I don't get that. What happens when you come on the first day with a ton of piercings you didn't have in the interview? And wouln't they close during the interview?

AbandonMyPeace wrote:

Tattoos are not really my thing. I dont have any myself. They are so much more permenant.

Ya, I can't think of anything meaningful enough to me to have it permanently on my body.

dudeofthemoment wrote:

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I guess in

MattShizzle wrote:

I guess in 20 years kids are going to be having limbs removed.

Hell... if i could replace it with a mechanical arm with pewpew lazers, id do it in a heartbeat

but then, why stop at just an arm?

What Would Kharn Do?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
You should think what that's

You should think what that's going to look like eventually - imagine being 85 in the nursing home with all that goofy shit sticking out of your face. And for you 20-something women with the butterfly tattooed on your tit - when you're that age it's going to look more like a pterodactyl diving for prey.

thatonedude
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:You should

MattShizzle wrote:

You should think what that's going to look like eventually - imagine being 85 in the nursing home with all that goofy shit sticking out of your face. And for you 20-something women with the butterfly tattooed on your tit - when you're that age it's going to look more like a pterodactyl diving for prey.

So? If you are 85 and sitting in a nursing home, why would you care about winning a beauty pageant? If you've lived life on your own terms, then kudos.

And tattoos can be redone, covered over with new shading and more vibrant colors. I watched 20 year old tattoos on heavily tanned skin redone and look amazing.

Besides, if I'm still around to have sex with my wife when we are in our 80s, I seriously doubt I'll be worrying about the condition of her tit tat.

All that is necessary for the triumph of good is that evil men do nothing.

anniet
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
thingy wrote:In regards to

thingy wrote:

In regards to tattoos, I'm yet to see a single one that I thought didn't look like something drawn by a 3rd grader with a permanent marker.  They always look very amateurish and stupid imho.  If people are thinking of posting up theirs to convince me otherwise, don't bother.  I tell people all the time I like their tattoo's whatever but it's purely me lieing in an attempt to be polite as I don't think people would appreciate my honest view of their tattoos.

That is nice of you to be polite.  I have a very hard time imagining you would have had much experience with tattoos due to your 1st sentence.  I have several tattoos.  2 come straight from nature books and look exactly (down to very fine detail) like the plant and animal pictures they have come from.  Some tattoos are definitely WTFs, but then, so are some minds (not referring to you here) . 

"I am that I am." - Proof that the writers of the bible were beyond stoned.

anniet
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:

My tattoo artist was just telling me about a guy in his 80s who had come in for his 1st ink not too long ago.  So, you can always get relined if something fades. 

I like the idea of being a bad ass granny if I make it to 80.  I fervently hope I embarrass and shame my descendants, 'cause I've certainly had to put up with enough weirdness from my ancestors!  My turn's coming!

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:

Yes Matt,because you're the example of a perfect body. You're not going to look great when you're 85 no matter what. I'm sure the nursing attendants have seen far worse than a saggy tattoo.

dudeofthemoment wrote:

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not personally into tats

I'm not personally into tats or piercings, but yeah - well done body art and piercings are hawt.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I think facial piercings on

I think facial piercings on a woman DECREASE her attractiveness by at least 40% - up to 99% if there's a lot of them. I'm talking going from utterly supermodel gorgeous to gorgon hideous.

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zymotic wrote: I've noticed

Zymotic wrote:

I've noticed that the majority of body-modders are either atheists or woo-woo new agers. I guess this is because most religions have at least something written about how modifying one's body is a sin.

I'm only 17, so I don't have any crazy modifications. I also want a good job in the future, so no silicone horns/face tattoos for me. I do have the bridge of my nose pierced and 3/4" stretched earlobes. 

I'm very religious and became involved in body modification almost a decade ago.  I have tattoos, but I took out all of my piercings several years ago.  I had 1'2" earlobes, labret, and bridge.  I can still fit an 8 gauge in my earlobes, but I quit wearing any type of jewelry years ago.  I might get some more tattoos someday, but I've been doing the whole "poor college student" thing for the past half decade.  Rent and food come before tattoos. 

I don't have much interest in body modification for its own sake anymore though.  I've always been obsessed with the body and sensation though, so my interest in body modification persists.  I'm interested in the more ritual aspects these days (suspension, branding, cutting, etc.). 

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:  I don't get

Loc wrote:

I don't get that. What happens when you come on the first day with a ton of piercings you didn't have in the interview? And wouln't they close during the interview?

What I meant was you can take them out in any situations where they might not be considered acceptable. I take mine all out for work if needed ad put them in on weekends and no they wont close in the time it takes to interview for a job. I can have mine out for weeks at a time.

Zymotic
Superfan
Zymotic's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I have a clear retainer

I have a clear retainer that I wear for school and it makes my bridge piercing practically invisible. When it gets healed enough that I can leave it out for 8 hours, then I'll do that. 

I finally got my right ear caught up with my left ear, today. I had a 5/8" in it, because it ripped on the way to 3/4", so they've been uneven for several weeks. It feels good to match on both sides, with the same weight. Turquoise stone plugs on both sides. They're very pretty and they were free. I'm scared I'm getting thin, though, so I'm going to wait a long time before the big jump to 7/8" and maybe even go back down a size in the mean time to build up more collagen. 

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  My first example of body

My first example of body modification would be in my 7'th grade woodshop class where, using a bandsaw, I accidentally cut off the end of my left index finger.  

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  My

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

My first example of body modification would be in my 7'th grade woodshop class where, using a bandsaw, I accidentally cut off the end of my left index finger.  

You may have started a new trend with that post. Imagine finger cutting being mainstream. I could see it having some shock value at least.

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
Don't really see how you can

Don't really see how you can apply rationalism to fashion nor is there really a need for it. People generally don't go to war over earings or tattoos

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
AbandonMyPeace wrote:  You

AbandonMyPeace wrote:

You may have started a new trend with that post. Imagine finger cutting being mainstream. I could see it having some shock value at least.

Cool !!!

Zymotic
Superfan
Zymotic's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm bumping this thread for

I'm bumping this thread for two reasons. One is that I have come up with an idea for my first tattoo, and the other is that I got the septum of my nose pierced. It also doesn't hurt that Matt is gone, so I can post about what I am doing with my own body without being insulted for it.

Since my friends and I don't celebrate xmas, we all hung out together on xmas day. Around 9pm, one of them announced that he had a sterile needle and that I had an unmodified septum-- septum, because I don't want to have more things on my face that are hard to hide in school and I can flip a septum ring into my nose. After debating forever about whether or not I trusted him, I finally just told him to do it. I haven't regretted it yet.

I don't know how my tattoo idea popped into my head, but I'm very glad that it did. I've wanted a tattoo for as long as I can remember, but I'm not going to rush it and pick a flash off of the wall like an idiot. I want a circular crop circle on my chest. I was wondering if any of you had design/color ideas. Many people have reccomended dotwork, but I will have to talk to local artists to determine their personal strengths.

Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've given my doll a few

I've given my doll a few piercings, including one that probably violates the law in several countries. Not counting the tongue piercings, the only visible one I want to do on her is a septum piercing. Do you have to use a hammer to drive the damn thing through? I considered using a drill, but she looked like she was about to panic.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Save a tree, eat a vegetarian.

Sometimes " The Majority " only means that all the fools are on the same side.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Here you go, you sick

Here you go, you sick bastards.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Laser-Tattoo/

Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:Here you

Sage_Override wrote:

Here you go, you sick bastards.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Laser-Tattoo/

Suh-weet! Even more fun than branding. Is the scarification permanent?

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Save a tree, eat a vegetarian.

Sometimes " The Majority " only means that all the fools are on the same side.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Meh, the chick in the

Meh, the chick in the first pic, I could easily photoshop that crap off of her and she would still be a spoonful of honey. She is a nice canvass for that type of work. OTOH, I could put her piercings on some 400+ pound land whale whose gravitational force can draw bowling balls into orbit and they would not help her to get a date.

Now, while it may seem that piercings suggest a willingness to do cool stuff with one's own body (anal comes to mind), this is not automatically true. Fact is that I once knew a fairly hot chick who was an immigrant from Germany and had about eleventy-seven bits of metal on her face (and she hinted at having more metal in her pants). She was fairly conservative in bed or at least that is what I am given to understand.

One time, with only me and my two best friends (one of whom was already doing her) in the room, she mentioned that she would be willing to do MMF but she could not even consider doing MFF. Well, half jokingly (and half hopefully) I suggested the possibility of her doing MMMF. Hey, we have all the ingredients for that in the room. No dice, she does not do weird stuff. At least not weird as she defines it.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Suh-weet! Even more

Quote:
Suh-weet! Even more fun than branding. Is the scarification permanent?

I'm pretty sure it heals and flakes off like a bad sun burn after awhile, but I could be wrong.  It should say somewhere on that site.

anniet
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
Zymotic wrote: I want a

Zymotic wrote:

I want a circular crop circle on my chest. I was wondering if any of you had design/color ideas. Many people have reccomended dotwork, but I will have to talk to local artists to determine their personal strengths.

Personally, I find the choice of the artist to be much more important than the choice of the exact design.  If you can choose an artist that has a style you really like and understands where you want to go with this, they will help you flesh out the details of the design.  That's just part of what a really good artist does for you.  Right now, I would focus on finding the right artist and take your time slowly mulling over various crop circle ideas.  Second, you need to make sure you really want this.  You're talking about something I'm assuming will be rather large in a sensitive area for your 1st tattoo.  While this can work out fine, you need to make sure you really want both the pain and design. You'll lose a lot if you're just sitting there grimacing trying to deal rather than being totally into the whole process.

The last time I was in Barnes & Noble they had a really big book on crop circles full of full-page pictures in the bargain area.  I don't know if they have anything similar right now, but you should plan on spending time at bookstores and libraries.  Do you have any new age bookstores in your town?  Just follow the smell of nag champa.  Happy hunting!

Zymotic
Superfan
Zymotic's picture
User is offlineOffline
anniet wrote:Personally, I

anniet wrote:

Personally, I find the choice of the artist to be much more important than the choice of the exact design.  If you can choose an artist that has a style you really like and understands where you want to go with this, they will help you flesh out the details of the design.  That's just part of what a really good artist does for you.  Right now, I would focus on finding the right artist and take your time slowly mulling over various crop circle ideas.  Second, you need to make sure you really want this.  You're talking about something I'm assuming will be rather large in a sensitive area for your 1st tattoo.  While this can work out fine, you need to make sure you really want both the pain and design. You'll lose a lot if you're just sitting there grimacing trying to deal rather than being totally into the whole process.

The last time I was in Barnes & Noble they had a really big book on crop circles full of full-page pictures in the bargain area.  I don't know if they have anything similar right now, but you should plan on spending time at bookstores and libraries.  Do you have any new age bookstores in your town?  Just follow the smell of nag champa.  Happy hunting!

Yeah, I know what you mean about the choice of artist. There's an artist in town that seems like he's a brilliant artist, and I would much rather he draw this out than me. I have been thinking about this for awhile, and will probably think about it for a lot longer.

Thanks for the heads-up on the tabletop book. I'll look next time I'm in a bookstore.

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
When I was in my early

When I was in my early teens, I had three piercings in my left ear. One time, at a party, we made our own tattoo gun (using the motor of an RC car, a needle, and a few other things), and I had a playboy bunny done on my right arm. I drank too much, though, so the ink simply bled out. If someone looks really hard, they can find the scarred outline of the tattoo. Today, I'm glad the ink bled out. Since then, I let two of my piercings close up, so I only have one piercing, and I only rarely do anything with it.

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

Deborah (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
I have to say each to their

I have to say each to their own on this one, I think that tattoos are hot but i dont like piercings at all, they make me shudder and I would never have one but I can see why people do, I would understand why people might think the same about a tattoo but I love them. I am only 16 but I have just had my 1st one done, I plan on getting 1 more in a few years as I have always wanted 1.

If you are interested I would love to hear any comments about my 1st tattoo, I have just put up a picture on my blog, if you get chance please have  a look and leave me a comment, you can see it on my blog below:

http://www.mitocw.net/blog/my-1st-tattoo

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zymotic wrote:You can't tell

Zymotic wrote:

Wanna bet?...

Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zymotic wrote:You can't tell

Zymotic wrote:

She's okay, but the piercings only hurt her appearance. They do nothing to make her look hot.

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical

Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I see

MattShizzle wrote:

I see doing that as irrational as religion. To me , smoking and body piercing are the 2 biggest turnoffs in a woman. Tattoos are there too - puting a tattoo on an attractive woman is like puting shit on a steak.

I don't agree about the last part. If a the tattoo works for her body, it can make a girl look really hot. Crappily-drawn tattoos on the other hand are a big turnoff.

As for piercings, anything other than a naval, ear, or stud nose piercing are big turnoffs (tongue piercings are okay - I actually like kissing girls with tongue piercings) . And if you're white and a dude, piercings make you look like a wigger. I can't see tattoos on a dude being a turnoff unless they really suck, they have too many or they're all over their body (ex. forehead), or the girl is a Southern Baptist (in which case she wouldn't be worth it anyway). I don't have any tattoos yet because I plan on spending about $300-400 when I get one instead of paying less and ending up with one that looks like dog crap.

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is all subjective,

This is all subjective, folks... whatever turns someone on... if they're not hurting anyone... I say go for it...

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:This is all

Rich Woods wrote:

This is all subjective, folks... whatever turns someone on... if they're not hurting anyone... I say go for it...

Rich please don't interrupt this thread with your reasonable and laid back attitude     ...It just sucks all the drama out of the discussion !  

Admittedly some persons do take body mods to an extreme level, in fact that is usually exactly the effect they are attempting to achieve.  The closest to any real body mods that I have attempted was to stretch my ear lobes to accommodate 5/8" guages.   I no longer wear them.    I have plain black text on my upper back that states "life is a war".   That's it for now although I am seriously considering having a "Y incision" tattooed on my chest at a later date.  I figure the county medical examiner might appreciate the dark humor in it. 

Nevertheless, if the woman in the picture below were to offer herself to me as a sexual gift I would not be deterred by her tattoos in the least.  In fact I would consider myself to be quite the fool to reject such a compelling offer.  As Rich stated, to each his own.  

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Zymotic

redneF wrote:

Zymotic wrote:

Wanna bet?...

Way to respond to a two-year old zombie thread

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Not intentionally - I do

Not intentionally - I do have an artificial lens in my left eye.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Rich

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Rich Woods wrote:

Rich please don't interrupt this thread with your reasonable and laid back attitude     ...It just sucks all the drama out of the discussion !  

Admittedly some persons do take body mods to an extreme level, in fact that is usually exactly the effect they are attempting to achieve.  The closest to any real body mods that I have attempted was to stretch my ear lobes to accommodate 5/8" guages.   I no longer wear them.    I have plain black text on my upper back that states "life is a war".   That's it for now although I am seriously considering having a "Y incision" tattooed on my chest at a later date.  I figure the county medical examiner might appreciate the dark humor in it. 

Nevertheless, if the woman in the picture below were to offer herself to me as a sexual gift I would not be deterred by her tattoos in the least.  In fact I would consider myself to be quite the fool to reject such a compelling offer.  As Rich stated, to each his own.  

Sorry Mr. PDW... I had a moment of comprimised perspective...

But that being said... I would push a cripple into traffic for 30 minutes with the chick in this picture.... just sayin'

Anonymous* (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
 "I'm yet to see a single

"I'm yet to see a single one that I thought didn't look like something drawn by a 3rd grader with a permanent marker.  They always look very amateurish and stupid imho." 

Then. . . you've been looking at some really crappy tattoos. I've seen literal works of art, absolute masterpieces. The people who take them seriously and know what they're getting usually walk out with something that can be artistically appreciated. The idiots who go and get tattoos of sitcom characters or get 'Eat Me' on their forehead? Not so much. You ought to try looking at better tattoo artists, honestly. People cant get past the negative stigma placed on them half the time, and just wont admit that some of them are gorgeous. I've seen photo-realistic ones that are absolutely stunning, and if you've ever seen any REAL henna tattoos? Those are beautiful.