RRS at GMU hosting PZ Myers

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
RRS at GMU hosting PZ Myers

Where: George Mason University http://www.gmu.edu/

When: November 8, 2008 7:00 PM

Meetup Description: This event is being held by the Rational Response Squad at George Mason University. The RRS @ GMU would like to thank the Secular Student Alliance for their generous assistance in making this event possible.

Guest Speaker: PZ Myers
Topic: "Science Education: Caught in the War Between Science & Religion"

Popular blogger and biologist, PZ Myers will be speaking on the Fairfax Campus of George Mason University in the Student Union Building II. (Yes, there is a SUB I as well so please pay attention!) It is free and open to the public however there is a fee to park on campus. The Sandy Creek Parking Deck is the closest available visitor parking to the SUB II building. The rate is $2/hr with a maximum fee of $8. If you are taking the Metro, for $0.75 you can also take the CUE bus from the Vienna (Orange Line) Station to campus.

While the room has a capacity of 120, there seems to be a significant outside interest in the event therefore we recommend arriving early. The room will be open at 6 PM. Lecture begins at 7 PM.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

Where: George Mason University http://www.gmu.edu/

When: November 8, 2008 7:00 PM

Meetup Description: This event is being held by the Rational Response Squad at George Mason University. The RRS @ GMU would like to thank the Secular Student Alliance for their generous assistance in making this event possible.

Guest Speaker: PZ Myers
Topic: "Science Education: Caught in the War Between Science & Religion"

Popular blogger and biologist, PZ Myers will be speaking on the Fairfax Campus of George Mason University in the Student Union Building II. (Yes, there is a SUB I as well so please pay attention!) It is free and open to the public however there is a fee to park on campus. The Sandy Creek Parking Deck is the closest available visitor parking to the SUB II building. The rate is $2/hr with a maximum fee of $8. If you are taking the Metro, for $0.75 you can also take the CUE bus from the Vienna (Orange Line) Station to campus.

While the room has a capacity of 120, there seems to be a significant outside interest in the event therefore we recommend arriving early. The room will be open at 6 PM. Lecture begins at 7 PM.

I throw Sapient a bone by praying to Jake that the Redskins lose so that the incumbent party would lose the election (stupid superstition media plays every 4 years), and how does he re- pay me? He holds a meeting in rational Fairfax Va where I used to live, but can't travel to now.

Go suck on some tarot cards you Eagles fan!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian 37 wrote:and how does

Brian 37 wrote:
and how does he re- pay me? He holds a meeting in rational Fairfax Va where I used to live, but can't travel to now.

it isn't anything personal Brian... the event is being hosted by my affiliate group on campus. 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I knew you had to have had

I knew you had to have had something to do with it.

shelley
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
There are pictures available

There are pictures available here. 

shelley
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
There is an article on the

There is an article on the visit in the SSA's newsletter here