President Obama?

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
President Obama?

SO, it seems all the news agencies are reporting that obama has won, yes even faux news... so what now people?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
We should definitely thank

We should definitely thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I suggest we all eat pasta tomorrow.

anniet
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
So now we start fixing all

So now we start fixing all the shit Bush broke.  Superglue anyone?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Annie -

Annie - Tomorrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0daTVnJmt8

Shirley Temple - On The Good Ship Lollipop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_RZTusUzM8

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 (CNN) – John McCain

(CNN) – John McCain admitted defeat in the race for the White House Tuesday, saying: "The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly."

McCain said he had called Barack Obama to offer his congratulations shortly after 11 p.m., when polls closing on the West coast gave Obama the electoral votes to become the nation's first black president.

"Sen. Obama has achieved a great thing for himself and his country," he said, calling Obama a "good man."

I wrote on my facebook:

Hambydammit wrote:
I feel like the next couple of months are a critical time for those of us who consider ourselves freethinking progressives. For years, the Democratic party has floundered with no direction and no sense of unity. The progressive element is unlikely to have as much political leverage as we do now for quite some time. The scare tactics, hate, and religious nuttery espoused by the Bush campaign have been publicly voted down. Now is the time for quick, decisive, and very loud vocalization of just what we expect from our new president.

Just as a starting point, I personally will not count an Obama presidency as a success unless at least these things happen:

1) The Patriot Act must be repealed. Period. It's an abomination and an affront to everything America is supposed to stand for.

2) Gitmo must be shut down. Period. It's an abomination and an affront to everything America is supposed to stand for.

3) Nothing less than the Geneva Conventions must apply to all enemy combatant prisoners held by the U.S. for any reason.

4) No Child Left Behind must be scrapped.

5) There must be an end to the senseless waste of resources, life, and American credibility in Iraq.

6) Global Warming must be rationally addressed.

At the very least, we need to find ways to start at the grass roots level and make sure that the new president knows we have high expectations of him. We recognize that his job is made horrendously difficult because he'll have to clean up all of GWB's mess, but our sympathy for his position must not stop us from demanding that America return to the values of freedom and democracy, and that we rationally approach our own energy policies.

Once the election is over, the real work must begin. It will be very hard. FOX News and Rush and Laura will be spewing hate from day one. There will be much opposition, but there will not be a better chance than this one for a long time.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
heh, ive been on facebook

heh, ive been on facebook for the last hour argueing with a friend who is saying stuff about obama and he doesnt even know what it is he is saying...

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
I don't know about anyone else...

...but as for me...well...

...I'm singing the "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" song, myself.

I sincerely hope that I still feel like singing it four years hence.

Conor

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:6) Global Warming must

Quote:

Whaddya tryin' t' say? That it's some'ow not 'rash'nal' to call 'Global Warmin' the commie plot that it is?

Sticking out tongue

More seriously:

WOO!

Hell yeah! One-sided slobberknocker for the good guys!

He even avoided using the word 'God' or 'Creator', just for us (...though he did allude to the afterlife. Dammit!).

Hopefully he's up for the enormous challenge ahead. And hopefully most of the human species is as well.

If done right, his first four years will be like putting the iodine over the wounds: it's going to really, really fucking hurt.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd like to know how fundie

I'd like to know how fundie Americans are reacting. Is there sackcloth and wailing at having a black 'muslim' president? I saw one of the fundies on my Facebook saying America has made their worst mistake ever and just rolled my eyes.

I honestly feel happier about this than anything that's happened in my country. Obama really is more of a global candidate.I couldn't wait to get the results and now I'm almost giddy with relief and happiness.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I bet my asshole neighbor is

I bet my asshole neighbor is crying. Not my cool neighbor who brews beer and Shelley met, but the one on the other side who refers to African Americans as "Fucking Niggers" and is a NRA member. He's also a major asshole who literally never has had any non family visit him since we moved here in 1979 and most of his family doesn't come either. He was upset how an African American woman had been on borough council from the 1960s until late 1990s (she's old - we wanted her to stay but she and her husband were ready to stop dealing with all the assholes in town. ) Tough shit for him. Tough shit for those KKK assholes too. Maybe they can go to Antarctica. Is there anywhere in the world that agrees with that shit anymore? Hey, there's no black people in Antarctica (ok maybe there are some black scientists in the bases there, but you don't have to come in them. )

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Shaitian wrote:SO, it seems

Shaitian wrote:

SO, it seems all the news agencies are reporting that obama has won, yes even faux news... so what now people?

Now we have a chance.  Now we can smile.  Now we can get back to progress.  Now we don't have to be ashamed to be American.

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:I'd like to know

Loc wrote:

I'd like to know how fundie Americans are reacting. Is there sackcloth and wailing at having a black 'muslim' president? I saw one of the fundies on my Facebook saying America has made their worst mistake ever and just rolled my eyes.

Oh, yes. They are still very much out there. Thankfully we rose above their angry, ignorant whining this year.

I can give you examples already. A friend of mine who voted for Bush BOTH TIMES has already updated her Facebook status to let everyone know that Obama is going to screw us over.

Immediately after Obama was projected the president-elect, C-SPAN was taking opinion calls from voters of all affiliations. I give you two exchanges that made me want to cry, despite my happiness at Obama's election:

Quote:

C-SPAN: Our next caller is on the air, a McCain supporter from Ohio. Welcome, caller. First question, what did you think of McCain's concession speech?

Caller: I was really impressed with it, even though I'm kind of sad for America right now.

C-SPAN: Sad for America why?

Caller: Because we won't be able to trust this president, and America should be scared. I mean, we're talking about a guy who entered Harvard Law by a Saudi recommendation later. If that's not a Muslim endorsement, I don't know what is.

C-SPAN: Excuse me? I'm afraid this is a completely new story to me, you're going to have to explain it.

Caller: ....

C-SPAN: Caller?

Caller: Well, I don't remember exactly where I read it. It was on the internet.

C-SPAN: And do you believe everything you read on the internet?

Caller: Well, I don't know where I read it, but still, it makes me really scared for America.

C-SPAN: Thank you, caller. (with a tone of suppressed irritation)

Quote:

C-SPAN: Our next caller is a McCain supporter. Hello, caller, tell us what you think of the results tonight.

Caller: Well, it is what it is, I guess, but I just can't stop thinking how ashamed I am for my country right now.

C-SPAN: What is it that makes you feel ashamed?

Caller: I just can't believe we've actually voted a Muslim into office. I can't believe it.

C-SPAN: But Barack Obama isn't a muslim.

Caller: ...What?

C-SPAN: I'm sorry, but Barack Obama actually is not a Muslim.

Caller: Well, I dunno about that. I mean, his middle name is Hussein, so. I'm just very worried right now.

C-SPAN: Okay, thank you, caller.

And a small part of me thought that as soon as Team Jobama won, the embarassing shit would magically disappear. But, no... =(

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:  Now we

Sapient wrote:

Now we have a chance.  Now we can smile.  Now we can get back to progress.  Now we don't have to be ashamed to be American.

Eloquently put. A new quote for my Facebook perhaps.

I see the markets have already reacted positively to this event.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Now we have

Sapient wrote:

Exaclty! I told someone earlier this is the first time in 8 years I have been proud to be a citizen of this country.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
anniet wrote:So now we start

anniet wrote:

"Superglue" is like that camilian in that old cartoon who jumps in front of the plad screen and then slams himself onto the floor pounding it shouting, "I CANT DO IT, I JUST CANT DO IT"

I wouldn't place blame on Obama if things don't get fixed over night, he has a giant turd Bush left behind to clean up.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Now we have

Sapient wrote:

Those are profound words Brian, niice.

Personally, I'm quite impressed and I commend all the americans who exercised their democratic liberty to make this happen, against so many crazy odds the team with the best platform won and you have elected an honourable leader. Plus, BONUS, you've made history in the best way possible and steered the course of the future for some of the most disenfranchised people ever in the history of man in an enormously positive direction. Good going everyone.

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Shaitian

Sapient wrote:

Shaitian wrote:

Does this mean we have to pick cotton now?

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW ..........Take it in the Spirit of South Park.

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS, this is the greatest moment in my life. We defeated the right wing fearmongers and we can finely focus on what should have been on the front burner in the first place.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

anniet
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:anniet

Brian37 wrote:

anniet wrote:

"Superglue" is like that camilian in that old cartoon who jumps in front of the plad screen and then slams himself onto the floor pounding it shouting, "I CANT DO IT, I JUST CANT DO IT"

I wouldn't place blame on Obama if things don't get fixed over night, he has a giant turd Bush left behind to clean up.

I'm hoping that a good portion of the people who supported Obama will help fix some of the problems left behind by Bush.  For example, his proposal to fund a minimum level of college education in exchange for fairly substantial community service could have some really solid positive effects.  Much is going to depend on how the general populace reacts to the policies he implements and tries to implement. 

I am very happy right now, but this just means we get to start working on doing our part to fix our country.  You're right, Obama in no way can do this all by himself.  And we're going to have to deal with those who are paralyzed with fear.  One person who I talk with on myspace changed her status to "The Terrorists Have Taken Over the White House!"  People like that aren't going to be much help.  It may sound cheesy, but hope does exist now for the rational.  What a nice change.

"I am that I am." - Proof that the writers of the bible were beyond stoned.

Sadzaeater
Sadzaeater's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've kept a step back,

I've kept a step back, encouraging American friends & colleagues to vote, but not for a particular candidate - it would be wrong of me to do that as someone who is not a US citizen, or resident there

I am ecstatic at the news that Obama won. Today has been a very good day. However, the man has some serious work to do and if he screws it up, the backlash will be massive. The expectations placed upon him are off the scale. One of the British tabloids headlined with the story that by voting Obama in, America just saved a million UK jobs. Hyperbole, I know, but it highlights the expectation of the world. Thanks, BTW.

As for the dumbasses out there who bought the bullshit as regards his being a Muslim, an Antichrist etc... Education is on Obama's list for change, right?

Stop that... It's silly.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Tonights RRS radio show will

Tonights RRS radio show will be a small party of sorts due to the election.  We encourage you to join us at 8pm est to talk about how you feel about this historical outcome.  

Shaunphilly will be in the house along with Rook and a dash of Sapient.  

Be here at 8pm est: 

http://www.rationalresponders.com/rational_response_squad_live_chats

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
The election of Obama

The election of Obama reassured my faith in humanity. Perhaps we're not destined to extinct yet. The president of USA is less or more president of Earth, and as such it must be a man (or woman) who acts on behalf of the whole world. What Bush did? He ambushed and robbed the world. Now his rampage is over, and hopefully there will be steps to stop the civil war. What civil war? Practically all wars today are civil wars, at least one side is made of civilians, suffering under an opression of superior states and desperately holding onto their kalashnikovs.

Hambydammit wrote:

You mean joining the Kyoto protocol finally?

What I would emphasize, is to understand the irrationality of economic competition. People in charge of finances must finally realize, that the competition, living at the expense of others, following of market forces and so on, is irrational and in long-termed worldview it's doomed. Indeed, we have a generations of foolish economists, who can't imagine any alternative to pursuing the imaginary capital for all costs. (costs like an inevitable economic recessions and immeasurable human suffering) The long promised lesson to them already started. They can try to bail out the banks and corporations, merge them together to make them stronger, but what they do is actually making all the system very interconnected and vulnerable. This will only make the fall much faster and a nicer spectacle. Maybe not all economy will crash, but surely enough for everyone to see, that it is not a viable system, and that it needs a radical change.
Sharing, people, sharing!!! Return to the nursery school, learn to share your toys with other kids!

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Shaitian

Sapient wrote:

Shaitian wrote:

You know thats  a good point! I've been smiling all day and its been pissing off the people who wanted mccain to win... Sticking out tongue

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've been really happy all

I've been really happy all day. Even though I had to work all day, and even though Man United only drew to Glasgow Celtic this evening, I've still been really happy. Why? Because I think Barrack Obama is the best US President a leftist could possibly hope for. That and the fact that Palin won't come anywhere near the Presidency ever. I can't imagine the Republicans would want to select her for anything ever again.

Sure, there are issues I disagree with Obama on, particularly his support for Israel. However, by and large I think this is the step in the right direction the world needs. I was discussing it with my Grampa earlier, and we agreed it was refeshing how virtually all Obama's campaign money came from donations by the public and not from corporate elites, and as a result he doesn't owe any political blow jobs to any corporate elites; probably the first time this has happened in many many years. Also, I think his class is more important than his race. Obama doesn't come from the corporate elite class but from the ordinary middle classes. He understands people's needs, how ordinary people think. He is a man of the people who seemingly intends to govern for the people.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think McCain's final

I think McCain's final speech was very eloquent. He can go back to being senator and accept Obama as his president without complaint, something everyone should be doing within reason.

What I don't like is all of the bashing and animosity on both sides. It's completely immature to yell "Fuck you!" to McCain supporters and put people down over who they voted for. Please. People can be so trashy. Obama wouldn't approve.

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:What I don't like is

Quote:
What I don't like is all of the bashing and animosity on both sides.

...Are you fucking kidding me? Try listening to Barack's acceptance speech as compared to McCain's concession speech. People actually cheered in Obama's audience when he mentioned McCain - the other camp devolved into booing and screams of hatred.

For that matter, does anyone care to point out even one single instance where an Obama rally had supporters shouting death threats and other such vitriol?

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

February 27, 1940

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:
What I don't like is all of the bashing and animosity on both sides.

...Are you fucking kidding me? Try listening to Barack's acceptance speech as compared to McCain's concession speech. People actually cheered in Obama's audience when he mentioned McCain - the other camp devolved into booing and screams of hatred.

For that matter, does anyone care to point out even one single instance where an Obama rally had supporters shouting death threats and other such vitriol?

Yes... and all the yelled death threats, screams of hatred and obnoxious booing speaks volumes about McSame's fan base. In their minds, no doubt, the battle has just begun.

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree with the previous

I agree with the previous two posts to an extent.

I do think McCain had a more dirty, rude, and disrespectful following, but I think those people only comprised a portion of his total following. I would never say that McCain's voters in general were assholes during the election.

However, I do agree that he definitely has a wave of assholes following him around. I'm sure some people yelled some inappropriate things at Obama rallies as well, even though I never heard them, but what really interests me is not the individuals who yell things. It's when the crowds yell things.

If one person at a McCain rally yells "TERRORIST!" then I give McCain's base the benefit of the doubt and just assume McCain has the extreme misfortune of having a psychotic ignoramus sabotage his rally.

Same on Obama's side.

But at no time have I ever seen THE ENTIRE CROWD an Obama rally start booing and hissing at the mere mention of McCains's name like the McCain crowd booed and hissed at Obama's all throughout the election season.

I excuse it most of the season, giving them the benefit of the doubt and chalking it up to booing and hissing in a good-humored way. In the same way I would tell one of my friends he sucks at life, but really we both understand that I don't mean what I say. I'm just giving him a hard time in the name of fun, competition, whatever.

But when McCain was giving his concession speech---a speech which BY DEFINITION calls for humility, understanding, and respect----McCain still had to struggle to speak over a crowd of booing, hissing assholes. Not only was it disrespectful to the new president, but it was disrespectful TO JOHN MCCAIN.

There is definitely a portion of McCain's following that could use a dose of civility, and I definitely think 99% of the crazy voters are on his side. Some of them literally... literally scare the shit out of me, and I hope the rest of the world hasn't seen how some of them have been acting.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Am I the only one that

Am I the only one that noticed that some users on this site bashed McCain/Palin for a good portion of the election? (Ironically it includes certain users that are complaining about people bashing Obama..)

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Am I the

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Am I the only one that noticed that some users on this site bashed McCain/Palin for a good portion of the election? (Ironically it includes certain users that are complaining about people bashing Obama..)

It's one thing writing about them in a negative light, where such writings are mostly going to be seen by people who will be inclined to agree with you. I called Sarah Palin a fucktard on many occasions. But when you're actually hissing and booing, in a public arena in a way that is quite simply offensive, now that's another level altogether.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Can anyone please tell me

Can anyone please tell me what has Obama to do with Israel? I know that he chose an israeli White House staff chief or someone like that, but nothing else. It's quite disturbing, the relationship between USA and Israel.

After WW2, the Jews sought for their homeland, a state of their own. This is, as you know, supposed to be Jerusalem and the land around. This land was already kept by someone else (Palestinians). Washington sniffed an opportunity. From that moment, America pays billions of dollars per year to Israeli army. Israeli army is the third most powerful in the world, in the middle of nowhere, desert and camels. No-one can match it, not Iran, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, nobody really. And specially not Palestinians themselves.
From the beginning, Israelis made a settlements in their land, fortified and heavily guarded settlements must say, connected by roads, cutting their territory in half. Palestinians were cut from their orchards and necessary means of living and earning money by Israeli military force. Do you know from where the term Terrorism came from? Israelis invented it. Israeli gangs, for example the Stern gang and the Irgun Zeva'i Le'umi, fought as terrorists against the British and Palestinians and "won" the land. Gradually, Palestinians were pushed away from their homeland. There were offers to Yasir Arafat, but those always meant a ridiculously small portion of a land which was taken from Palestinians by terrorism. No sane person hoping for justice would accept them. And guess who paid for it. Behind all this was and still is a great power of american dollar and army! USA is the greatest direct supporter of terrorism in the world, and the originator of it.
Why the Jews does that? They feel that they're:
a) Nation directly chosen by God, as Old Testament says.
b) They suffered the most of all during WW2. Poles, Romes, Romanians, Slovaks, Czechs, Russians, they have no right to complain, though were killed in concentration camps too.
c) Allowed to do the same kind of genocide to Palestinians as Nazis tried on them. Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, no matter if it's someone else's tooth and eye, and that it's whole generations after the war, and that they're just doing the dirty work for Americans, so the White House can remain white. Just kill kill kill the Kanaanite heathens!
...uhm...and with such a nation Obama sympathizes?

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Am I the only one that

Quote:

...In what way, Cap'n, is calling-out Sarah Palin on being an uneducated Young Earth Creationist (a true statement) the same thing as calling Obama a muslim terrorist (a load of shit)? In what way is making an informed speculation as to John McCain's mental health 'bashing' him? There's no insult in saying that someone who has a disease has a disease, or insisting that they should go and get a proper diagnosis (and again, if he doesn't have Alzheimers, he doesn't have it. But he's exhibited enough symptoms that it's more than reasonable to request he submit himself to professional examination).

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Can anyone

Luminon wrote:

Can anyone please tell me what has Obama to do with Israel? I know that he chose an israeli White House staff chief or someone like that, but nothing else. It's quite disturbing, the relationship between USA and Israel.

He's basically pledged his allegiance to Israel, probably to help secure a Jewish vote. It means that he might be too one sided in dealing with the conflict in Israel-Palestine.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:He's basically pledged

Quote:
He's basically pledged his allegiance to Israel, probably to help secure a Jewish vote. It means that he might be too one sided in dealing with the conflict in Israel-Palestine.

...The conflict where one group of radical fundamentalist muslims want to eradicate an entire ethnicity off the face of the planet?

Yeah, I kind of would hope that Obama would be a tad one-sided for that one.

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:

...The conflict where one group of radical fundamentalist muslims want to eradicate an entire ethnicity off the face of the planet?

Yeah, I kind of would hope that Obama would be a tad one-sided for that one.

Ironically it's that kind of attidude that leads to conflict.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Ironically it's that

Quote:

Yup. Because, historically, the cease-fires and peace treaties have done so much for cooling the strife overseas.

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:

Yup. Because, historically, the cease-fires and peace treaties have done so much for cooling the strife overseas.

Maybe if people stopped trying to kill them you know.

That's what I like about Obama's foriegn policy. He seems to understand that maybe hey, they don't like getting bombed to shit, that they don't like the U.S interfering.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Maybe if people

Quote:

I'm sorry;

Who, again, is strapping bombs to the muslims and walking them out to the markets to explode? Oh, that's right - they're doing that themselves!

Don't try to pretend that the muslims are somehow blameless here, cap'n. Yes, if you shoot rockets into Israeli cities and bomb Israeli markets / barracks, the Israelis are going to blow the shit out of you with their tanks and helicopters.

You know what the soluton is to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict? Realistically? The complete conventional displacement or annihilation of the Palestinians, or the nuclear incineration of Israel. Given that the former option at least leaves a developed technical civilization in play, it's the one I'm rooting for.

Quote:

February 27, 1940

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Israel is way too overly

Israel is way too overly aggressive. Kind of like if in the 1960s the US would have started killing every black person the police or military spotted - they would have continued to do this until no black person violated any law for an entire year. In some ways I'd like to see the Moslems win with how neocon aggressive Israel is. And any of them moving into those settlements in Palestinian land deserve to die. Anyway the entire idea of taking their land for Israel was bad. They should have taken part of Germany to punish them for the holocaust. But then that wasn't based on the Buybull. I hope if Israel keeps being so aggressive one of them does manage to detonate a nuke inside there.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:

I'm sorry;

Who, again, is strapping bombs to the muslims and walking them out to the markets to explode? Oh, that's right - they're doing that themselves!

Don't try to pretend that the muslims are somehow blameless here, cap'n. Yes, if you shoot rockets into Israeli cities and bomb Israeli markets / barracks, the Israelis are going to blow the shit out of you with their tanks and helicopters.

I think both sides are at fault Kev. It's a vicious cycle, the more Israel invades, the more they get bombed. The more they get bombed, the more they invade.

And who says their all Muslim?

Quote:

You know what the soluton is to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict? Realistically? The complete conventional displacement or annihilation of the Palestinians, or the nuclear incineration of Israel. Given that the former option at least leaves a developed technical civilization in play, it's the one I'm rooting for.

Stop the bombing perhaps?

ALL the suicide bombing campaigns happen when Israel has troops in that country (Palestine/Lebanon.)

Or maybe it's cause of fucktard attitude like yours, which will only magnify the conflict.

This sounds a lot like the MCcain ticket. Get them before they get us eh?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
For fuck's sake, le'ts get

For fuck's sake, let's get this straight right Goddamn now:

There is no state of Palestine. The Palestinians never owned the land, were never granted the land, butt fuck nothing. It's not their land, it's not being occupied.

The fucking muslims just didn't like it that they weren't awarded the land on the basis of their 'holy rock' being situated on it. So they refused to surrender it to the Jews.

Anyone who asserts anything about the Israelis being on Palestinian land from here is a ignorant chump.

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:ALL the suicide

Quote:
ALL the suicide bombing campaigns happen when Israel has troops in that country (Palestine/Lebanon.)

Wrong. They have no land rights in Gaza.

See above.

Quote:

February 27, 1940

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
They only lived there for

They only lived there for like 800 years. More than anyone in the Western Hemisphere ever lived here, but hey, I guess if someone decided to give the entire Western Hemisphere to the Scientologists and force the rest of us into refugee camps you'd be cool with that. I think the US should refuse to support Israel at all until they withdrawl to Israel itself and stop the aggressiveness. If that doesn't work we should give military support to the Palestinians.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
With no permanent

With no permanent settlements, Matt, and plenty of neighboring legitimate muslim nations to go to.

My personal opinion on that matter is that the matter of muslim violence and shit-stain backwater culture should be handled in one swift, excessively bloody and horrifying re-enactment of the Conquistador invasions - after which we can move on into a brighter future. I imagine not a soul will agree (well, until the muslims detonate a nuclear weapon in a populted zone, anyway), but my opinion is what it is.

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:For

Kevin R Brown wrote:

For fuck's sake, let's get this straight right Goddamn now:

There is no state of Palestine. The Palestinians never owned the land, were never granted the land, butt fuck nothing. It's not their land, it's not being occupied.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_Legislative_Council

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_Authority

Quote:

My personal opinion on that matter is that the matter of muslim violence and shit-stain backwater culture should be handled in one swift, excessively bloody and horrifying re-enactment of the Conquistador invasions - after which we can move on into a brighter future. I imagine not a soul will agree (well, until the muslims detonate a nuclear weapon in a populted zone, anyway), but my opinion is what it is.

And how could that possibly make them mad at us?

It's this kind of attitudes that LEAD to terrorism.

I had no idea you supported Mccain's foriegn policy.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:And how could that

Quote:

If they're all dead, there's nobody to be mad at us, is there?

You'll note that the Spanish didn't have to deal with much Aztec insurrection.

Quote:

I had no idea you supported Mccain's foriegn policy.

I missed the part where McCain's policy involved either assimilation or annihilation of Iraq's populace. They went for straight, quick-and-dirty occupation (...and from the perspective of certain lobbyists, like Halliburton, the strategy paid-off).

This is why it was so disastrous on a humanitarian level (shooting every muslim dead would've arguably been far worse from a middle-eastern perspective, but we'd have gotten over it quickly enough).

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
As for your beloved

As for your beloved PLO:

Wikipedia wrote:
The PLO was considered "the richest of all terrorist organizations" with $8-$10 billion in assets and an annual income of $1.5-$2 billion from "donations, extortion, payoffs, illegal arms dealing, drug trafficking, money laundering, fraud, etc.", according to a 1993 National Criminal Intelligence Service report. The Daily Telegraph reported in 1999 that the PLO had $50 billion in secret investments around the world.[6]

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:It's this kind of

Quote:

According to Bin Laden's own mouth, it's actually us being infidels that makes him hate us so much.

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:

If they're all dead, there's nobody to be mad at us, is there?

You'll note that the Spanish didn't have to deal with much Aztec insurrection.

I have to admit that's a good point and I'm sure the world's Muslims will praise your decision to commit the biggest act of genocide this milenuem. I'm sure the millions of innocent Muslims who just so happened to be born in that region will be thrilled by your ethical decision.

And yet you have the balls to ask why they hate us?

So you disagree with Obama on withdrawing U.S troops and reducing our presence in the Mid-East?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:

According to Bin Laden's own mouth, it's actually us being infidels that makes him hate us so much.

Bin Laden wrote:

I announce a truce with European countries that do not attack Muslim countries...[T]he door to a truce is open for  three months....The truce will begin when the last soldier leaves our countries [Afghanistian Iraq]... They say we kill for the sake of killing, but reality shows they lie....[T]he Russians were only killed after attacking Afghanistan in the 1980s and Chechnya, Europeans after invading Irag and Afghanistan[,] and the Americans in New York after supporting the Jews in Palestine and their invasion of the Arab Peninusla. Stop spilling out blood, so we can stop spilling your blood.[April 15,2004]

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I have to admit that's

Quote:
I have to admit that's a good point and I'm sure the world's Muslims will praise your decision to commit the biggest act of genocide this milenuem. I'm sure the millions of innocent Muslims who just so happened to be born in that region will be thrilled by your ethical decision.

*Sigh*

And another sheeple has been claimed by the propaganda equating muslim with a type of ethnicity.

It would be theocide, actually, Pineapple. I have no problem with Arabs who aren't muslims. The rest? If they want to stay coiled around their ancient and disgusting traditions, you bet I'd be happy to see them finally 'sent to paradise' as martyrs by the world that's actually managed to progress forward.

I have no time for mysogyny, occultism, public beheading and (especially) censorship.

Quote:
and the Americans in New York after supporting the Jews in Palestine

Hilarious.

So all of the people killed in the WTC were supporting the Jewish agenda, were they? Sticking out tongue

Quote:

February 27, 1940