Message to Buybull Quoters or a Lesson in Languages

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Message to Buybull Quoters or a Lesson in Languages

I'm so sick of people who think a Buybull quote is going to convince us of anything that I have a special message for such people - especially the "hit and run preachers. " Here's the special part - it won't be in English but in several other languages. OK I found a good translation site and am playing with it:

Arabic: ذهبت يدفع الكتاب مقدّس فوق [أرس] ك, [شيت] هو خارجا وبعد ذلك يأكل هو

Chinese: 去推您的臀部的圣经,拉屎它然后吃它。

French: Allez poussent la bible vers le haut de votre cul, chient il dehors et le mangent alors.

German: Gehen Sie schieben die Bibel herauf Ihren Arsch, scheißen es heraus und essen es dann.

Italian: Vada spingono la bibbia sul vostro culo, cacano esso fuori ed allora lo mangiano.

Japanese: 押し、あなたの肛門の上の聖書を、それたわごとを言い、そして次に食べるそれを行きなさ

い。

Spanish: Vaya empujan la biblia encima de su culo, cagan él hacia fuera y después lo comen.

Swedish: Går äter knuffen bibeln upp din arsel som ut skitas det och därefter, det.

Anyone who understands this respond, but don't translate it for them. Let me know if it's way off. Especially respond anyone who has one of these as a native language.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:French: Allez poussent

Quote:
French: Allez poussent la bible vers le haut de votre cul, chient il dehors et le mangent alors.

Not my native tongue, and I can only fake my way through reading, but I think I get the general idea.

{grunt}

{burp}

ahh...

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
That's how I'd have been

That's how I'd have been with the German had I just seen it. There were other languages but at least one word in them didn't translate (Dutch possibly or the word was the same and the rest were non-Roman alphabet languages)

Wow, the arabic one is wrong - used same program to translate back to English:

Went the book enforce payment holy above [establishes] as, [[shyt]] he is outside and afterwards that he eats

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have no idea if the French

I have no idea if the French grammar is correct.  I just recognized some words and I know your style well enough to guess how they fit together.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I checked all of them with

I checked all of them with the same site. The Arabic was the worst - most of the rest were off but enough that you could get it - The German looked right to me. Probably less of an error in what I posted, as it wouldn't have the mistakes from translating from that language back to English. I had 5 years of German from 8th through 12th grade.

albedo_00
albedo_00's picture
User is offlineOffline
Err.... spanish is my native

Err.... spanish is my native languaje so just to add my 2 cents, I'll clean up your message in said languaje cuz... well, it sounds kinda odd otherwise =P

Spanish: Metanse la biblia por el culo, caguen hasta sacarsela y despues comansela.

Oh and just to be clear, I simpatice completely with the sentiment Matt.

Cheers to all

Lenore, The Cute Little Dead Girl. Twice as good as Jesus.

LovE-RicH
LovE-RicH's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Italian one is also very

The Italian one is also very bad. It's not my native language, but this is much better:

Italian: Spingi ti la bibbia nel culo, caca la e poi la mangi!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
It's not a very good

It's not a very good translator for any sort of idiom slang or curse word. A bit humerous was translating to Japanese and back "Fuck you" became "have sexual intercourse. " Imagine you cut off a Japanese tourist in traffic and he yelled at you "have sexual intercourse!"

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Swedish, french and

The Swedish, french and German ones are wrong.

But if I've guessed the correct sentiment, from your usual style, here it is in Danish:

Pis af med dig, gå ud og æd Bibelen, skid den ud, og æd den så igen.

And for the record, I'm Nikolaj, and I don't approve this mesage.

I'm just helping out Matt with his.

Well I was born an original sinner
I was spawned from original sin
And if I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money piled up to my chin

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Maybe it's too complext a

Maybe it's too complext a message for that program to translate? I'm also guessing the further apart the language, the harder to convey the idea - ie it would be easy in German, a little harder in French/Italian/Spanish (being Romance rather than Germanic languages) - harder still in Russian or Greek - harder yet in Arabic and most difficult in the Asian languages (Possibly further apart cultures don't even use the idea of doing the first chronological action with the Bible as I described as an insult. )

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
The tower of babel .... what

The tower of babel .... what a mess indeed.

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, it is often printed on

Well, it is often printed on rice paper. 

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Good for wiping you ass

Good for wiping you ass with, most of the bible , and my atheist jesus would agree.

Proper Gander
Proper Gander's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Swedish:

MattShizzle wrote:
Swedish: Går äter knuffen bibeln upp din arsel som ut skitas det och därefter, det.

(Edit: sorry for the lack of paragraphs, for some reason the ones I made when writing this doesn't turn out at all. ) As Nikolaj points out, this is... not quite correct. In fact, it doesn't make much sense at all. I'll try to translate it anyway, though I will say right now that it's at best an educated guess. "Gå ut och ät, tryck upp bibeln i din röv, skit ut det och ät sen upp det igen." That's my take on it, which seems to be slightly different from Nikolaj's, whereas his first part ("Pis af med dig" ) is a straight insult whereas my first part ("Gå ut och ät" ), simply is not. There is also another difference that I can't communicate without translating it back to English (which you asked us not to) which is kind of big. I'm quite sure, nay, I'm fully positive that you did not mean it the way I made it, but that's the best I can make of it while still staying somewhat true to the rest of the given sentence. Beyond that we've made it pretty much the same thing, though his version doesn't include the "knuffen bibeln upp din arsel" part at all. His version in Swedish would be something like: "Dra åt helvete, gå ut och ät upp bibeln, skit ut den och ät sen upp den igen." (I'm just comparing mine to Nikolaj's translation because frankly that's the only other version I have to refer to, seeing as I don't understand any of the other languages offered.)

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy."

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Since it's been up about a

Since it's been up about a day and apparently it wasn't a very good program anyway, I'll post the message as it was intended:

"Go shove the Bible up your ass, shit it out and then eat it. "

By the way I had to use "arse" instead of ass - seems geared more towards British than American English as it translates "ass" as donkey. I also tried translating "asshat" (using "arse hat" ) and got interesting results - "sombrero de culo" in spanish "arsch hut" in German - translating back and forth Japanese and Korean both translated as "hat of anus" and Russian as "helmet of the backside. " Only one language - Swedish - had it as one word - arselhatt.

Edit: German was also one word - Arschhut - maybe this has been a word for a long time in Northern Europe and just recently came to the English speaking world? I only first heard it maybe 3 years ago. Anyway, imagine someones reaction to telling them "you are the hat of anus" or "you are the helmet of backside. " I imagine it would be seen as an attempt at an insult, but a very bizzarre one. I guess these are meant more for professionals and it would be rare to call someone an asshat, say fuck you or tell someone to shove something up their ass in an international business meeting!

LoveThyNeighbour
LoveThyNeighbour's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I'm so

MattShizzle wrote:

I'm so sick of people who think a Buybull quote is going to convince us of anything that I have a special message for such people - especially the "hit and run preachers. " Here's the special part - it won't be in English but in several other languages. OK I found a good translation site and am playing with it:

Arabic: ذهبت يدفع الكتاب مقدّس فوق [أرس] ك, [شيت] هو خارجا وبعد ذلك يأكل هو

Chinese: 去推您的臀部的圣经,拉屎它然后吃它。

German: Gehen Sie schieben die Bibel herauf Ihren Arsch, scheißen es heraus und essen es dann.

Italian: Vada spingono la bibbia sul vostro culo, cacano esso fuori ed allora lo mangiano.

Japanese: 押し、あなたの肛門の上の聖書を、それたわごとを言い、そして次に食べるそれを行きなさ

い。

Spanish: Vaya empujan la biblia encima de su culo, cagan él hacia fuera y después lo comen.

Anyone who understands this respond, but don't translate it for them. Let me know if it's way off. Especially respond anyone who has one of these as a native language.

The authors of the Bible are infallible. Why? Because they were led by God, meaning they weren't fallible.

I'm an agnostic atheist who thinks you should love your neughbour.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:The authors of the

Quote:
The authors of the Bible are infallible. Why? Because they were led by God, meaning they weren't fallible.

On one hand he says this...

On the other, he says this:

Quote:
Ateism och Agnosticism är inte motstrida mot varann; man kan vara båda.

That translates roughly to: Atheism and Agnosticism are not competing against each other, one can be both.

Friends, we have a prankster on our hands.

Books about atheism

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:"Go shove

MattShizzle wrote:
"Go shove the Bible up your ass, shit it out and then eat it. "

Swedish: Kör upp bibeln i röven, skit ut den och ät upp den.

MattShizzle wrote:
Only one language - Swedish - had it as one word - arselhatt.

Rövhatt would be better.

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
Ateism och Agnosticism är inte motstrida mot varann; man kan vara båda.

That translates roughly to: Atheism and Agnosticism are not competing against each other, one can be both.

That's a pretty good translation. The Swedish is slightly wrong, "motstrida" (verb) should be "motstridiga" (adjective). Where did you read that? How did you translate it? Also, it is possible to state such a thing if he/she/it misunderstands the terms atheist and agnostic, which is very common among christians. Still, Poe's law on this guy...

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:That's a pretty good

Quote:
That's a pretty good translation. The Swedish is slightly wrong, "motstrida" (verb) should be "motstridiga" (adjective). Where did you read that? How did you translate it? Also, it is possible to state such a thing if he/she/it misunderstands the terms atheist and agnostic, which is very common among christians. Still, Poe's law on this guy...

Poe's Law almost triumphed, except that I'm a tricky bastard, and pretty hard to fool.  Google Translator is much better than Babelfish, and it has more languages.

Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
KSMB wrote:Rövhatt would be

KSMB wrote:

Rövhatt would be better.

Too bad my keyboard doesn't have that little dotty o thing.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Matt... press and hold the

Matt... press and hold the 'Alt' key, then press the numbers 1, 4 and 8 on the numpad and release the 'Alt' key.  ö

There are codes for every accented letter.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:There are codes for

Quote:
There are codes for every accented letter.

How does one locate a list of these codes?

Books about atheism

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.britfeld.com/about

http://www.britfeld.com/aboutme/alt.htm  That site is decent.  A google search will turn up results, but I believe that link is complete, or as complete as anyone needs.

Upon further research, that site contains different codes than I use.  Alt+148 and Alt+0246  do the same thing ö ö.  THe same goes for all the others.  Apparently, there are redundancies.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."